IGNORED

Spurs Win Olympic Stadium Appeal Chance

Barrs Court Red

This makes me sick. The taxpayer will somewhere along the line pick up the tab for this, just because they're unhappy about the decision to give West Ham the Olympic stadium.

In my view, the Tottenham plan to rip down the Olympic stadium is criminal, and it's unfortunate that utter tosser, Daniel Levey, will once again get his chance to whine about poor unfortunate spuds in public.

This makes me sick. The taxpayer will somewhere along the line pick up the tab for this, just because they're unhappy about the decision to give West Ham the Olympic stadium.

In my view, the Tottenham plan to rip down the Olympic stadium is criminal, and it's unfortunate that utter tosser, Daniel Levey, will once again get his chance to whine about poor unfortunate spuds in public.

Daniel Levey, will once again get his chance to whine about poor unfortunate spuds in public.

....About time someone stood up for King Edward & his mates, theyre forever getting boiled alive, sliced & plunged into hot oil, mashed up etc etc... it cant be easy being a spud.

As for Spurs vs West Ham stadium bid - West Hams got it fair 'n square & Spurs have had their chips! ... So let it be.

Britain should stop wasting soddin' money on appeal after appeal about everything under the sun.. only the lawyers are getting rich, everyone else loses out in this pointless national pursuit of constant legal appeals...no wonder nothing ever gets done in this country anymore (without huge legal overheads).

(certain Village Green issues excepted of course :city: - Ashton Vale, we won on appeal -so get over it!! :) )

Problem comes from the fact the Council has effectively loaned WHU £40m to help them out and Spurs and LO are arguing that no bank in the land would have done that so WHU have been given a 'state loan' which I believe is illegal.

At least I think that is what part of the official complaint is about.

EDIT: Actually read the article now and it states what I have put anyway.

As I understood it, it was built as a temporary stadium and it always was the plan to knock it down after the Olympics.

What Spurs are saying is that they'll knock it about and rebuild it as a football stadium plus rebuild the White City stadium as an international athletics arena.

Seems fair enough to me.

But Leyton Orient should be the ones to get it if all things were equal.

Which is madness - as the Olympic stadium is already a international athletics arena, demolishing it to rebuild another is insane.

Archived