IGNORED

Dumping Sky For The Summer? Please Consider It

What with all the comments about the game on sunday

Just to make a change

As Sky have nothing to offer us City fans until we start our first division campain

Please consider dumping your sky subscription if only for the summer if you cancel today it will take a month to kick in

As I have already stated you can activate your account again with in twenty four hours and sometimes within 24 minutes

Remember dumping sky for the summer is half the cost of a season ticket

Support your club not Sky

If I had sky I would dump it all together after the apauling comments made by Rob Hawthorn and his co-commentator for the two matches against Hartleypool. They were always supporting Harlteypool and dissing our fans, in the second leg they both Wanted the monkeys to win and didnt have all that much praise for when we won, RUBBISH.. (but I love soccer AM.)

If I had sky I would dump it all together after the apauling comments made by Rob Hawthorn and his co-commentator for the two matches against Hartleypool. They were always supporting Harlteypool and dissing our fans, in the second leg they both Wanted the monkeys to win and didnt have all that much praise for when we won, RUBBISH.. (but I love soccer AM.)
Hartleypool?

Guest blairhater

The good thing about parking sky up for a while is that after a month or so there is a good chance you'll get bombarded with calls trying to entice you back to Hawthorne and co.

Fifteen nuggets a month enticed me, now it's off again.

Hmmmmmmm..........

...........how many of you watched the Sky coverage??

Ahhhhh........you all did??

Well, maybe it would be worth baring in mind who else would have covered the play-offs if Sky didn't.

There is always the volume button, or the mute button. You could even listen to Radio Brizzle's commentary with Sky pictures.

Let's be fair though, how many times have Bristol City been on terrestrial television over the last 10 years, compared with Sky??

Exactly.

Hmmmmmmm..........

...........how many of you watched the Sky coverage??

Ahhhhh........you all did??

Well, maybe it would be worth baring in mind who else would have covered the play-offs if Sky didn't.

There is always the volume button, or the mute button. You could even listen to Radio Brizzle's commentary with Sky pictures.

Let's be fair though, how many times have Bristol City been on terrestrial television over the last 10 years, compared with Sky??

Exactly.

Yeah but - they only show "important" games which I always go to anyway - and if I couldnt make that I'd watch at the pub or a mates. Point is Sky costs and terrestial is free - although I agree that local TV should should show City on a regular basis - I guess that Sky put in the highest bid ?

I guess that Sky put in the highest bid ?

I have a feeling Sky will always be able to outbid terrestrial tv, but I just wonder why people tend to continue to slate organisations that actually provide these services.

Ok, Sky can be expensive, and a lot of the channels are pointless, but, at least they are putting these types of games on. If you aren't lucky enough to have Sky, then there are plenty of places to watch it.

And I also think there is a hint of West country paronia about commentators too.

Whether we like it or not, TV has come a million miles over the last few years, and that is not down to that smarmy old git (Des Lynham), or the other grey haired plonker, who still thinks he is funny, (Gary Lineker).

Guest Holly7406

Not Happy everyone having a go at Sky Sports as it's not just Football it shows, i.e Tennis, Snooker, Golf, Rugby etc which I enjoy watching. So no I won't cancel my subscibtion just to spend it all on Bristol City Football Club PLC as I already Subscribe to Bristol City World and SMS which I feel is enough.

Relax its the old giant killing bit again, snmallest club in the playoffs against the biggest..thats life. Why do you think our first live game last time on Sky in div 1..minnows (us) gainst the Mackems.

Fact Sky is here to stay, aint going to go away, its up to City to get part of the action by getting up, and staying up where the action is..

The Red Army is Going to Cardiff!!

why does it take a month to "kick in" - they will if pressed do it immediately - they're incredibly sneaky - Murdoch never made his billions by honest!

Don't let them bull you - if they can take you money & turn in on immediately then can turn it off also & give you credit!

Don't let them bull you - if they can take you money & turn in on immediately then can turn it off also & give you credit!

Well, they took money from me by activating my account when I didn't ask them to do so.

It took three months to get them to switch it back off (taking money each month).

I wrote them two letters and made three long phonecalls in an attempt to get a refund (approximately £50). They were less than helpful.

Eventually I got a refund from my credit card company (N.B. Don't pay Sky by Direct Debit, use a credit card).

Then Sky sent their debt collectors after me (only by phone). I explained that I hadn't asked for the reactivation of my subscription and they left me alone.

Now Sky send me mailshots offering to wipe away my debt if I return to them as a subscriber.

I would rather boil my head in acid.

Slag of ITV West all you like but at least I get to watch the highlights for free.

Oh, by the way, thanks Sky for the digibox that enables me to watch ITV West and BBC West in Bournemouth. Great technology! Shabby business practices

:@

Archived