IGNORED

Is Gerken Injured?

Lack of Action Man

He was certainly quick to point and shout at everybody else after his non-attempt at stopping their goal going in.

He had every right to point and shout.....de vita left totally unmarked 6 yards out with no one even making an effort to get to him ?????? Crap defending for sure!!! but you cant blame James at all.

I blame him for everything. This club has gone to shit since the day he signed.

No this club went to shit when senior players had a campaign against GJ as well as certain fans on here.

Trouble is we should have shipped out the players and stuck by our manager. If anyone tells me this football has improved since GJ left they are seriously deluded

Venus, I hope your posts are ironic fella! :laughcont:

No, not at all.

The day he signed proved to me that our club had finally become just a rich man's plaything. We didn't need a past-it 40-something goalkeeper on a ludicrous wage, but Lansdown decided otherwise.

Now, Lansdown has clearly lost interest, so we are stuck with a terrible squad and a terrible manager because our major investor can't be arsed any longer.

David James, to me, represents what's wrong with our club. Overpaid and uninterested.

No, not at all.

The day he signed proved to me that our club had finally become just a rich man's plaything. We didn't need a past-it 40-something goalkeeper on a ludicrous wage, but Lansdown decided otherwise.

Now, Lansdown has clearly lost interest, so we are stuck with a terrible squad and a terrible manager because our major investor can't be arsed any longer.

David James, to me, represents what's wrong with our club. Overpaid and uninterested.

Look, I like Gerken and think he's a good keeper...

but even I must admit he was not ready to be a first choice. Now, based upon what I've seen this season he might be ready to make the step up.

At the time we needed a model of consistency between the sticks. James had probably had the best era of his entire career with pompey - in effect he had hit his prime very late, so when we signed him he wasn't far short of being the consistently good goalie we needed. And he was imo very good last year bar a few lapses.

A club like ours cannot afford to turn our noses up at the former England number 1. As for uninterested, I refuse to believe he is one of the many in the squad simply here for a paycheck. Despite the slaughtering the players received from the Atyeo he did face the fans and applaud them - which virtually all of the rest did not.

No, not at all.

David James, to me, represents what's wrong

with our club. Overpaid and uninterested.

Overpaid - yet could have got a lot more when Celtic and Wigan offered him deals. We offered a good rate for the then England world cup keeper. That's how contracts work

Uninterested - yet was on our bench tonight came on and did an excellent job shame we couldn't defend. Maybe you should read Gerken interview last week in the paper where he stated James has been a great help and guidance. Doesn't sound like someone disinterested to me.

What's gone wrong is not having a manager capable of pulling this decent squad together

Overpaid - yet could have got a lot more when Celtic and Wigan offered him deals. We offered a good rate for the then England world cup keeper. That's how contracts work

Uninterested - yet was on our bench tonight came on and did an excellent job shame we couldn't defend. Maybe you should read Gerken interview last week in the paper where he stated James has been a great help and guidance. Doesn't sound like someone disinterested to me.

An excellent job? He managed to drop the first shot he had to deal with, but luckily we weren't facing a quality side or that would've been the first goal.

I'm not blaming him for the De Vita goal. I just hope Deano isn't badly injured.

But Gerken was our first choice for the 2009-10 season, before Calamity signed!

And he was a raw talented goalkeeper that needed training to championship level. Gerken has got bags of potential (despite what a lot of people say on here) and is beginning to show it imo but during that season he was too inexperienced to be our first choice.

No, a Club like ours cannot afford to pay a 41 year old goalkeeper £15,000 per week.

I don't think his age is seriously effecting his game.

Archived