IGNORED

Ryan Taylor

hinsleburg

I was quite impressed with him tonight and imo was one of few positive things. He seemed to win most of the aerial challenges and didn't just aimlessly flick them on he tried to find a man. He also worked hard and held the ball up well.

Pitman on the other hand didn't have the best of nights, didn't seem interested and touch let him down at times. Maybe we should try him at Left Wing :innocent06:

I thought he looked average at best. Looked like his level (League 2) and I can't understand why we bought him.

I don't rate Clarkson at all but would have him in anyday above Taylor.

Completely agree. He wasn't great in the air either. He chested everything and lost a lot of headers, those he won weren't particularly aimed more flicked on in hope. He is a genuinely baffling signing.

Thought he looked a league two player at best tonight...not a patch on Stead! Can't see how he will affect a game for us, if called upon either. But in fairness to him, he had absolutely no service at all! I would much rather Keith sign one quality player than 3 or 4 mediocre ones...

Puzzling signing to say the least. His signing has been been represented as a' little risk, minimal cost might come good gamble' but if the reports of City splashing out £300,000 are accurate then I can think of much better uses for the cash.

At the end of this season there will be a lot of players out of contract who will move on leaving scope for the manager to shape his own squad. So Keith's ability to deal in the market is an important issue.

So far his signings have been Bolasie, Woolford, Pitman, Taylor and Kilkenny. I don't think Adomah was initiated by KM. I think three out of his five signings are questionable in terms of whether they enhance the squad. It's a big issue on whether he can deal effectively in the transfer market and also whether he has the network of contacts to ship players out (even on loan) as it's always trotted out that he can't bring in players until the squad is reduced but none of the surplus players have been moved on. Maybe he will turn out to be a genius in the transfer market but the jury is still out based on current dealings or non-dealings.

Thought he looked a league two player at best tonight...not a patch on Stead! Can't see how he will affect a game for us, if called upon either. But in fairness to him, he had absolutely no service at all! I would much rather Keith sign one quality player than 3 or 4 mediocre ones...

You need to grasp facts; he tries to sign quality players, he can't. so he signs mediocre ones. Why? because players with realistically lofty ambitions have either never heard of him or have no desire to play for a gaffer who's been in the game for '5 minutes'.

Taylor did OK. Won plenty of headers. Clear instructions from Millen to hoof it up to him and hope for the best though. Nobody to pick up it up from midfield, doesn't help when we play 4-4----------------------2.

I think we should've stayed with 4-5-1. Not just my opinion in hindsight but at least we retain the ball better and usually have an opttion to pass to. We didn't have that last night, we were very rigid. I was once again baffled by Millens subs. Adomah for JCR was like for like. Then Stead comes on to encourage more hoof ball.

Archived