IGNORED

Do You Care Anymore

BS3_RED

Easy really. I find myself at home after watching that shower of sh1t, thinking to myself that we will go down if we are not careful and i find that i really could not care at the moment. Has being a City fan finally sucked all the life out of me. I said to my daughter on the way out of the game that i am the lucky one as i only have another thirty years of watching this crap and she has a lifetime of it.

Bottom line is does anyone really care anymore?

I don't. Not right now, and I class myself as a core supporter. As I mentioned in the thread above I've barely missed a home game in 32 years.

I haven't been since Ipswich and won't be anytime soon. The worst bit is I don't miss it. I heard the result tonight whilst I was out and didn't really care, and it was 3:15 last Saturday before I remembered we were playing.

We are in freefall and relegation is a real possibility as long as this drip remains at the helm.

It doesn't matter whether you have been a fan for one hour or 39 years as I have been you have to level disappointment and excitement with a level of expectation. There really is no need for this forum. We have an average attendance of 13 - 14 k. Even when we were in the big time in the 70's we rarely hit over 20,000. Our city cannot support a big time club. City are and will do well to stay in the Championship. We have always with the exception of 4 glory years yo yo'd between what is now the Championship and league one not forgetting our time in league 2. Get real people, we should celebrate our current status. Yes tonight is disappointing but lets see what Saturday brings. We will never get the gates to support a Premier League team or challenge as we have the fourth biggest amateur setup on a Saturday afternoon. Can you imagine how many suppporters of both Bristol clubs play every Saturday in the District, Bristol Combination,Suburban,Bristol & Avon, County league etc.Bet Sheff Weds,Sheff Utd,Huddersfield,Bradford etc wish they could have lost to Swindon tonight but still be halfway up the Championship.

I still care and always will. I have never been disappointed when we lose having given 100%, under Millen it is difficult to decide what is considered as 100%.

Anything less than a win on Saturday should be the end of him as our manager, they are pointless and do not have a striker of any relevance available, if we cannot beat them we are really in trouble.

Wasn't that bothered for the Portsmouth game was resigned to defeat before the Ipswich Town match had 1solitary high beating leicester City had no desire to see the latest pathetic offering tonight .My feelings are no i don't care anymore first time ever couldn't care when this season kicked off Steve Lansdown's walk around the pitch at the end of last season was to me I've done my best thanks but that's it from me we now have a puppet board and a head in the sand manager who can't change motivate or lead this 2nd rate shower of shite any further........ Boredom and apathy circulate the whole club its stuck in a rut changing like for like with players just not bothered or good enough the Fontaine situation is a typical example 1million quid now nothing it will be damage limitation time " didn't want him to go" "vital member of the team" so predictable ...

Of course I care.

Why else would I be bothered to check-out the fan's forums of a fairly obscure ( at present) football club on the other side of the planet if I didn't ?

And I'm sure that there are many like me.

Reading threads like this I am inclined to wonder if CITY's poor form may be ,in part, due to the lack of passion shown by those who are actually able to attend games.

Whatever happened to "the Fans at Ashton Gate who'll follow them 'til we die ?"

Of course I care.

Why else would I be bothered to check-out the fan's forums of a fairly obscure ( at present) football club on the other side of the planet if I didn't ?

Reading threads like this I am inclined to wonder if CITY's poor form may be ,in part, due to the lack of passion shown by those who are actually able to attend games.

Even the East-End hardcore were outsung and muted against Pompey the passion isn't there because the team provides nothing in terms of entertainment,guts,goals,pride or passion , the games are just boring 1 up front against Portsmouth a clean sheet was the main objective which left Maynard alone getting little service only luck and poor finishing prevented another loss.

Well I didn't renew my season ticket this year mainly for cost reasons but also because Millen was in charge. So far, I have seen just one game - the opener - and I'm now beginning to feel I made the right decision.

I was going to be selective about which games I chose to watch, but I haven't missed it and the way the team is playing at the moment, I can't see me buying a ticket any time soon.

Are those who were saying people like me were premature in calling for a change of management now coming around to our point of view, I wonder?

Millen never has been, and never will be, the right man for the job in my view and this club will not move forward until we are rid of him and all his backroom staff. I've said before there should've been a clean sweep when Johnson left and I think that fact is now coming home to roost.

We're worse than we were under Tinnion....

Of course I care.

Since you're in Oz, I don't think you're qualified to comment on the support at the Gate - when was the last time you actually attended Ashton Gate regularly? Ask that question when you've suffered what we have over the past couple of seasons.

The atmosphere was so flat from us City fans tonight for the most part it was shocking. I remember in the past, games with 9-10k cup ties vs a team lower division early round- Mansfield 99/00 springs to mind, small attendance or not there would be some passion from the fanbase but no.

As for care- hard to say, certainly around me in the Atyeo there was a reaction I had not heard before. Not just booing but the whole 'What a load of rubbish' chants. Can't decide whether it meant fans care sufficently to express views in such a way or they've just given up the ghost...

Easy really. I find myself at home after watching that shower of sh1t, thinking to myself that we will go down if we are not careful and i find that i really could not care at the moment. Has being a City fan finally sucked all the life out of me. I said to my daughter on the way out of the game that i am the lucky one as i only have another thirty years of watching this crap and she has a lifetime of it.

Get a grip. We are a mid table Championship side with a few issues that need sorting out. We beat the favourites for the title last week and whilst I am well aware of our issues, it could be a lot worse. Ten years ago we were flattering to deceive in league one, and we have come a long way as a club in recent years and that can't be ignored. Every fan has something to moan about, but to say the situation is so bad that you don't care anymore is a ridiculous over exaggeration of the current situation.

Of course I still care, as does everyone really....thats why watching this club slip deeper and deeper in the sh*te hurts so much

Get a grip. We are a mid table Championship side with a few issues that need sorting out. We beat the favourites for the title last week and whilst I am well aware of our issues, it could be a lot worse. Ten years ago we were flattering to deceive in league one, and we have come a long way as a club in recent years and that can't be ignored. Every fan has something to moan about, but to say the situation is so bad that you don't care anymore is a ridiculous over exaggeration of the current situation.

to be fair...your username proves you know nothing about football anyway :shifty:

i think the attendance saturday shows just that that people are losing interest. i never renewed my season ticket for this year because i could not justify spending that sort of money on something that cannot give you any satisfaction or enjoyment! Why should people care if the people (with the exclusion of 1 or 2) on the pitch just seem to amble without any care themselves.

Yeah and in the 70's we were a 1st division club which slid down all the divisions to end up rock bottom so anything on that is an improvement so putting up with this excuse for football after all the grand plans and talking up of going for promotion over the last few seasons culminates in this pathetic toy-town setup ,sod get a grip mid championship side no we are relegation fodder 3 home games not a single goal Ipswich and Swindon have been appalling this season Portsmouth let us scrap to a draw with awful finishing Cardiff was a one sided non event which leaves 1 win down to a player who is proberly all but gone..... To beat 1of the pre- season favourites will mean nothing if league 1 is the ultimate result how the hell can new fans be brought in when a large majority of old and fairly new fans have seen enough and either stopped going or will from now on give up attending matches,the Coppell episode was ok a big factor last season along with Nicky Maynards injury but the situation has got worse the new ground and deadwood players seems to have sucked energy and passion out of the club..................... Steve Lansdown had the clout to shake things up and at least appear as a chairman with things to do and say yes he made mistakes but he invested in the club and was in the public eye,now we have a faceless manager to work alongside a faceless chairman neither of which inspire joe-public to get behind the club...

Do i care, dont think i do 40 plus years supporting this club and now feel i have had enough, bought a season ticket (AGAIN) against my better judgement, said all last season i would not. Dont think for one minute i will use it to watch every game this season the interest has gone. I would sell the ST to anyone who is desperate to watch the dross on offer.

Well I didn't renew my season ticket this year mainly for cost reasons but also because Millen was in charge. So far, I have seen just one game - the opener - and I'm now beginning to feel I made the right decision.

I was going to be selective about which games I chose to watch, but I haven't missed it and the way the team is playing at the moment, I can't see me buying a ticket any time soon.

Fair enough... but what the **** do you do with your saturday afternoons??

I find International breaks are soooo boring. Shopping with the missus?? **** that!

I still look forward going to the games ( i have a season ticket) but more so the banter and drink beforehand with friends. Knowing the players get paid fortunes as well doesn't help.

Ive recently become a dad as well and am already thinking do i want to subject my boy to the same disapointment. I appreciate we are never going to be a top team but a bit of desire, passion and fight from the players would be great (even when we lose).

Fair enough... but what the **** do you do with your saturday afternoons??

I find International breaks are soooo boring. Shopping with the missus?? **** that!

Not a problem for me - I work from home so always have plenty to get on with... sad? maybe, but being semi-retired I need to be flexible and some of my clients are domestic and need 'out-of-office-hours' support...

Not a problem for me - I work from home so always have plenty to get on with... sad? maybe, but being semi-retired I need to be flexible and some of my clients are domestic and need 'out-of-office-hours' support...

I never said sad!

I just could'nt imagine saturdays without football!

I never said sad!

I didn't mean to infer you said sad, just that some people may think it sad to be working on a weeked, but I have the flexibility of working when I want and not to fixed hours...

I do miss football on a Saturday, but I have begun listening to Sky's Soccer Saturday on the internet on a Sat afternoon - as I always did when we were playing away - and I find that an interesting enough background while I'm working - not too intrusive that I can't concentrate...!

I have to agree with most of the posts so far, like most of them, I totally expected us to lose last night. Most of the present team just do not care, are lazy, have no clue how to play football and are just here to pick up the wages.

Until we get a manger with a back bone, we are going no where, expect league 1.

I never said sad!

I've no idea how old you are Riaz, but would guess mid to late 20's

At the same age I couldn't imagine Saturday afternoon's not watching City, but here I am at 38 with far more important things to get on with on a Sat pm. I see my girls every other weekend, so the other weekends are time to get on with the other stuff

I will always love City, but a choice between them and spending time with my daughters or girlfriend - they will always be second from here on in

We are pimping out our best players. We have scored no goals at home this season. We have been outplayed by lower league teams. One new first team signing. Our players, management and now board don't look that bothered or care - we are their stepping stone or the path to easy street.

Oooh im so excited! When can I buy my tickets for Crawley away? Soon I guess...

I've no idea how old you are Riaz, but would guess mid to late 20's yep :winner_third_h4h:

At the same age I couldn't imagine Saturday afternoon's not watching City, but here I am at 38 with far more important things to get on with on a Sat pm. I see my girls every other weekend, so the other weekends are time to get on with the other stuff

I will always love City, but a choice between them and spending time with my daughters or girlfriend - they will always be second from here on in

I have 3 kids, but I suppose for me, its a break from them and work! Whereas, you dont sound like you live with yours - in that situation, I would of course prefer to se my kids. Totally see where you are coming from there.

I have 3 kids, but I suppose for me, its a break from them and work! Whereas, you dont sound like you live with yours - in that situation, I would of course prefer to se my kids. Totally see where you are coming from there.

In which case I don't blame you mate!!

Archived