IGNORED

Fickle, Fickle Fans

Ryan 7

Can't believe our supporters sometimes, jesus christ!

Do we have an automatic right being in the top 10 even though we have a small budget and are a small fish in a big pond in terms of this league? Unless we win a game, its Millen out blabla.. not a great start performance wise I agree but with the tough start on paper its a decent return points wise, although i'm sure some of you think we should have a 100% record with no goals conceded tumbleweed.gif

Also, the booing of David James Wednesday night? Bloody laughable, what has the bloke done wrong? Hes got a great attitude and is very appreciative of the fans. But still some people on here come out with the crap that he is just here to pick up his pension and doesnt care about the club! Hope you all feel stupid after his great performance today.

COYR

Whilst a return of 5 points from the last game is reasonable, the performances against Portsmouth, Swindon and Doncaster have clearly been either modicre or poor. Carry on like this and we won't be getting draws much longer bu just defeats.

I can't see how Millen can turn it around long term but seeing as we don't have much money etc I suspect we will have to stick with him unfortunately.

Do we have an automatic right being in the top 10 even though we have a small budget and are a small fish in a big pond in terms of this league? Unless we win a game, its Millen out blabla.. not a great start performance wise I agree but with the tough start on paper its a decent return points wise, although i'm sure some of you think we should have a 100% record with no goals conceded tumbleweed.gif

Also, the booing of David James Wednesday night? Bloody laughable, what has the bloke done wrong? Hes got a great attitude and is very appreciative of the fans. But still some people on here come out with the crap that he is just here to pick up his pension and doesnt care about the club! Hope you all feel stupid after his great performance today.

COYR

Its seems to be some odd symptom of this negative forum you can read things on others which is a lot fairer look at a point being ok but also positive urging support of the club.

Also, the booing of David James Wednesday night? what has the

bloke done wrong? Hes got a great attitude and is very appreciative of the fans. But still some people on here come out with the crap that he is just here to pick up his pension and doesnt care about the club!

Hope you all feel stupid after his great performance today.

COYR

Did you see the peterborough game when they destoyed Ipswich with good passing played at high tempo? that's all I want a team that plays the right way and get at the away team for 90 minutes.

If Peterborough can do it then why the **** can't we! Whats unrealistic about that!!

Don't get people like you constantly making excuses for the shite we seem to have to endure every home match.

Did you see the peterborough game when they destoyed Ipswich with good passing played at high tempo? that's all I want a team that plays the right way and get at the away team for 90 minutes.

If Peterborough can do it then why the **** can't we! Whats unrealistic about that!!

Don't get people like you constantly making

excuses for the shite we seem to have to endure every home match.

We will end the season above Peterborough.

That was one game, and against a team who played 45 mins with 9 men.

We all want decent football, who says it won't come in the next few weeks.

I don't think there is any guarentee we will finish above them. The were 4-1 up before the sendings off in that game.

It is hard to see where decent football will come from with the players available currently and the manager in charge but I live in hope...

Judging by the conversations I've had with numerous City fans in the last couple of weeks, the negativity on here is not echoed by all fans.

This forum needs to be taken with a pinch of salt and just because there are 9 negative threads to 1 positive, doesn't mean that 90% of City fans want Millen out.

Maybe we will finish above them maybe we won't , either way that wasn't really the point I was making.

They played ipswich off the park with players many on here wouldn't know much about. Ipswich were also dead and buried long before the sending offs.

This is the point- we made Ipswich look like world beaters on day one of the season yet Peterborough tore them to peices with good simple passing played at a high tempo.

Judging by the conversations I've had with numerous City fans in the last couple of weeks, the negativity on here is not echoed by all fans.

This forum needs to be taken with a pinch of salt and just because there are 9 negative threads to 1 positive, doesn't mean that 90% of City fans want Millen out.

it seems to be bossed by the negative lets keep city small brigade.

it seems to be bossed by the negative lets keep city small brigade.

Excuse me it's the Millen glee club that are the let's keep City small brigade, that is probably their number 1 excuse apparently anybody who dosen't think that Millen is up to the job are always being told "you are expecting too much, we are a small club" in fact just read the Jordan Tansley quote at the bottom of this post, tells you everything.

COYR

Meantime in the real world. Most of us aint even dreaming of a top 10 position. survival is all I think we can acheive. 40 odd games and we have zero comma zero progress under him.

A point off a side with many key players missing, without a point till today, is far from a good return.

Anyone whos this point was a good one is deluded. A point away, or better at Florist, Worst'Am, Dirty Leeds, Leicester, Bummingham, Ipswich, Burnley, Reading, among others is a good result, no disrespect to Donny Rovers

As to the booing of James, substitiute that for any of the dozens of players given abuse by "fans" and its nowt unique at all. seems to be a City (and sadsags thing) Get used to it, its been going on for twenty years that I know of.

Sorry mate but your first paragraph is wrong. We do NOT have a 'small' budget! Why do people keep perpetuating that myth? We have a HUGE squad, are paying wages that are so high we can't shift players and our last reported losses were over TWELVE MILLION POUNDS and that was BEFORE coppell and his expensive signings! Swansea and Blackpool got promoted with smaller budgets! yet lansdown makes yet more money available, and Keith spends it on a new deal for Carey, and 2 players we didn't need! Small budget?! Honestly...

Excuse me it's the Millen glee club that are the let's keep City small brigade, that is probably their number 1 excuse apparently anybody who dosen't think that Millen is up to the job are always being told "you are expecting too much, we are a small club" in

fact just read the Jordan Tansley quote at the bottom of this post, tells you everything.

So now your telling us were a big club.

I don't see any "glee" people on here.

You mistake some of us for being gleeful, presumably we stand out because we are level headed and we don't constantly

moan about everything Bristol City like some!

So now your telling us were a big club.

I don't see any "glee" people on here.

You mistake some of us for being gleeful, presumably we stand out because we are level headed and we don't constantly

moan about everything Bristol City like some!

Where did I say we were a big club?, the poster I responded to was inferring the people who don't rate Millen were trying to keep the club small.

I don't mistake anything Bill, but what has improved under Millen?

Excuse me it's the Millen glee club that are the let's keep City small brigade, that is probably their number 1 excuse apparently anybody who dosen't think that Millen is up to the job are always being told "you are expecting too much, we are a small club" in fact just read the Jordan Tansley quote at the bottom of this post, tells you everything.

This sums it up for me. The amount of shite i have seen on here mainly over the last 6 months or so is head doing. ''we are a small club'' ''no one wants to come here'' i even saw a ''Would coming to Bristol City really be a step up for Le Fondre''. I mean FFS, yes granted we arn't Manchester United but blimey some on here would have you believe we are some league 2 outfit punching well above our weight.

We are a medium sized club at this level and we SHOULD expect better than Keith Millen. He's not good enough tactically for starters, also he has a serious lack of contacts in the game it would seem. He has no history with players which is a big problem. How many times do you see a quality player go to a club you wouldn't expect just because he knows the gaffer? All the time.. Look at Taylor and Cardiff prime example. Millen dosn't have this so we are at a dis-advantage straight away in the transfer market. Its no coincidence we have barely signed anyone, ok the funds may not have been there but i can assure you that a Dave Jones or Billy Davies would have managed to sort out somebody from somewhere. Keith just cant do it.

Ive said enough about this topic anyway and im off out for a few beers but my opinion wont change. Millen has to go :bruce_h4h:

I dont know what the millen glee club is but I can see the last two managers spent big and created huge debts. I think millen and the club are worth supporting it might be a hard watch for awhile but the best way to push the club forwards is by supporting the team regardless of being anti millen for that ninety minutes it is on the pitch. I know this is the wrong forum to say that but knocking everything just keeps the club down. as i said to the first

post not verybody is negative all the time.

I dont know what the millen glee club is but I can see the last two managers spent big and created huge debts. I think millen and the club are worth supporting it might be a hard watch for awhile but the best way to push the club forwards is by supporting the team regardless of being anti millen for that ninety minutes it is on the pitch. I know this is the wrong forum to say that but knocking everything just keeps the club down. as i said to the first

post not verybody is negative all the time.

and like I said this was tried and failed during the "Johnson says bounce around the ground era", the fans got right behind the team and it failed, we fell close to a relegation battle and then there was infighting within the squad.

COYR

You lot are really clutching at straws, you really are - dont worry so is keef - he has claimed more than once that expectation is high.... when its anything but - Infact expectation is probabaly as low as they were when we first came up.

The only people that mentioned anything like that is keef himself and others at the club.....

This is not a case of anyone demanding promotion - not as far as i can see.

Speaking for myself at least, we want to see progress and there is a distinct lack of it. If you can tell me what progress has been made, I'd be grateful

You lot are really clutching at straws, you really are - dont worry so is keef - he has claimed more than once that expectation is high.... when its anything but - Infact expectation is probabaly as low as they were when we first came up.

The only people that mentioned anything like that is keef himself and others at the club.....

This is not a case of anyone demanding promotion - not as far as i can see.

Speaking for myself at least, we want to see progress and there is a distinct lack of it. If you can tell me what progress has been made, I'd be grateful

I think there are many of us on the same page Riaz.

Every City fan I know in real life is sick of the situation. The only positive element is seen on this board.

There are dark forces in play on this board Dez. We must never underestimate the propaganda machine of KM. Its a bit like Gaddafi's forces; why they are still fighting is beyond most people's comprehension.

Every City fan I know in real life is sick of the situation. The only positive element is seen on this board.

The difference is this time and the pro Millens can't see it, is that it's the more established fans, the long term season ticket holders and some of original happy clappys that are turning their backs, walking away and voting with their feet and not the 2007 glory hunter types.

The difference is this time and the pro Millens can't see it, is that it's the more established fans, the long term season ticket holders and some of original happy clappys that are turning their backs, walking away and voting with their feet and not the 2007 glory hunter types.

Exactly!! Spot on, no glory hunters among my mates, we are all hardcore long term fans and to a man all pissed off with the way things are going. We all love the club, just don't like it much anymore.....

50/50 i'd say

Exactly!! Spot on, no glory hunters among my mates, we are all hardcore long term fans and to a man all pissed off with the way things are going. We all love the club, just don't like it much anymore.....

No glory hunter here, 35 years of shite for me.But I'm also a realist, we have never been "good" I've only ever seen us win 2 fn Sherpa Van trophies ;) and a couple runners up medals.

The realist in me wants to know why all of a sudden people think we should be so good?

Were a small club in this league, that's a fact.

Mid table is our realistic position in this league, that's where we will end up again IMO.

Archived