IGNORED

Player Rating For Today

always hoping

yes ....Dire Dire Fayre.

James 8..... Elliot 6.... Spence just shaded a 5.....but not for his defending...( ought to play him up front instead of boy wonder imo ) The rest ....well 4 to be perfectly honest...

The only bonus for my day out was that its a nice stadium to watch football in and reasonably easy to get to.

I watched a team with no leadership or motivation afraid to lose, against similar afraid to win.

Donny to Gloucester 2 hours 47 minutes which aint too bad for a Saturday night.... to be honest though if they serve this crud up next match i think i might go and watch the other Robins a bit closer to me.

Edit... James 8 Elliot 6 got in the wrong way round first time

James 10

Albert 6

Only two players who were out there, and even at that albert was poor!

I have never criticized the team this season so far, and i never ever want to and im not getting on their back but today was poor and im afraid to say it guys.. Judging him over the past 3-4 games Kilkenny is not our answer to a creative Midfielder! I had a decent view from the donny stand unlike the normal eastend view, and i could see maynard making brilliant runs but no one in this team can find that class ball, im not blaming skuse or elliot its not their role in the team to be creative but kilkenny he looks up see's maynards run but decides to play it 2 yards to he right!

Hmmm We are still searching for that creative mid i think! But in Millen and the team i Believe! There is still enough there to keep us in and around mid table!

James 8. Didn't have much to do in the first half. Penalty save, then one good and one very good save in the last few minutes. the save at the end really was excellent and saved us a point, which just nicks the MoM award from Nyatanga.

Spence 6. Pretty solid overall, looks good going forward.

McAllister 6. Didn't do much wrong in the time he was on.

Wilson 7. Generally another assured peformance. Got caught a couple of times, but looks a really good prospect to me.

Nyatanga 8. Really solid alongside some inexperienced team mates. Goal line clearance in the first half too,

Adomah 7. Gets an extra mark for the goal. Better than in the other games I've seen him in this season, but nowhere near his best of last season.

Skuse 8. Broke up Doncaster's play time and time and time again. Gave away the penalty after winning the ball for us for the umpteenth time only for (JCR? - haven't watched it on TV yet) to give it straight back again, putting the Donny player through into the corner of the area with no-one between him and goal. Got the tackle wrong but shouldn't have had to make it in the first place.

Kilkenny 5. Never got into the game. To be fair most of the game passed him by about 15 yards above his head.

Elliott 6. Lacklustre performance. Gets an extra mark for winning a few headers, and for the assist for our goal, but is a million miles away from the player who broke everything up in the playoff season.

JCR 5. Didn't really get into the game enough.

Maynard 5. Not a good lone striker. Not enough movement and almost zero "lateral" movement. Time and again the only option he gave his team mates was the nearly-impossible ball over the top to run onto. Can work well when you've got Paul Hartley to play the pass for you. I don't expect to see Lewin Nyatanga get it right very often.

Woolford 5. Looks uncomfortable at left back, and was caught out positionally a few times.

Pitman 5. Won't ever score highly playing left midfield. Tried his best.

Stead 6. Worked hard in the time he was on.

Millen 5. In the first half we more than held our own. It was another of those performances where we did pretty well at stopping the opposition but never looked like creating much. I think this season may be like that a lot of the time. Once Woolford had to come on at left back it was obvious he would need good support in front of him: so moving JCR away and putting Pitman there was a strange decision. It was clear that the left side of the defence didn't know who should be doing what at the corner that led to their goal. That might just be players forgetting, but in the absence of evidence to the contrary I'm going to put it down to poor instructions from the manager.

James 8. Didn't have much to do in the first half. Penalty save, then one good and one very good save in the last few minutes. the save at the end really was excellent and saved us a point, which just nicks the MoM award from Nyatanga.

Spence 6. Pretty solid overall, looks good going forward.

McAllister 6. Didn't do much wrong in the time he was on.

Wilson 7. Generally another assured peformance. Got caught a couple of times, but looks a really good prospect to me.

Nyatanga 8. Really solid alongside some inexperienced team mates. Goal line clearance in the first half too,

Adomah 7. Gets an extra mark for the goal. Better than in the other games I've seen him in this season, but nowhere near his best of last season.

Skuse 8. Broke up Doncaster's play time and time and time again. Gave away the penalty after winning the ball for us for the umpteenth time only for (JCR? - haven't watched it on TV yet) to give it straight back again, putting the Donny player through into the corner of the area with no-one between him and goal. Got the tackle wrong but shouldn't have had to make it in the first place.

Kilkenny 5. Never got into the game. To be fair most of the game passed him by about 15 yards above his head.

Elliott 6. Lacklustre performance. Gets an extra mark for winning a few headers, and for the assist for our goal, but is a million miles away from the player who broke everything up in the playoff season.

JCR 5. Didn't really get into the game enough.

Maynard 5. Not a good lone striker. Not enough movement and almost zero "lateral" movement. Time and again the only option he gave his team mates was the nearly-impossible ball over the top to run onto. Can work well when you've got Paul Hartley to play the pass for you. I don't expect to see Lewin Nyatanga get it right very often.

Woolford 5. Looks uncomfortable at left back, and was caught out positionally a few times.

Pitman 5. Won't ever score highly playing left midfield. Tried his best.

Stead 6. Worked hard in the time he was on.

Millen 5. In the first half we more than held our own. It was another of those performances where we did pretty well at stopping the opposition but never looked like creating much. I think this season may be like that a lot of the time. Once Woolford had to come on at left back it was obvious he would need good support in front of him: so moving JCR away and putting Pitman there was a strange decision. It was clear that the left side of the defence didn't know who should be doing what at the corner that led to their goal. That might just be players forgetting, but in the absence of evidence to the contrary I'm going to put it down to poor instructions from the manager.

Thanks very much Lager Loud. Good to hear that Jamo seems back to himself. Also sounds like Wilson and Nyatanga are starting to form a strong partnership at the back. I agree about Kilkenny in that he is not a david noble like creative player and he wont ping 50 yard balls to the strikers but what he does do is keep the ball VERY well which is something we really need now. Interesting about the left back senario and then pitting Pitman out left wing again (arghhhhhh!!) as late it the game we would be very weak defensively in the last few minutes. I think it's good we got a nice break now before the Brighton game so we can regroup and hopefully get all the issues sorted on and off the pitch.

Lager loud, not having a go but Mcallister was dire in the first half. I don't think he completed a pass. I agree that the centre backs look to be forming a good partnership though which is encouraging. Will be interesting to see how they do against a top attack...

I suppose I always judge defenders firstly by how they defend, and I thought he (along with the whole defence) did OK at stopping Donny playing in the first half. But as ever with these ratings, we all notice and miss different things in the game, so I may have missed some dodgy passes he made.

Once Woolford had to come on at left back it was obvious he would need good support in front of him: so moving JCR away and putting Pitman there was a strange decision. It was clear that the left side of the defence didn't know who should be doing what at the corner that led to their goal. That might just be players forgetting, but in the absence of evidence to the contrary I'm going to put it down to poor instructions from the manager.

Yes, the short corner which lead to their goal was bad as nobody seemed to know what was going on there.

Many times there seemed to be a large space in front of Woolford which they took advantage of. JCR had to keep coming across to help as did Nyatanga.

I think that must have been why Woolford looked so awful back there.

Not quite sure about the Pitman for Kilkenny substitution.

Archived