IGNORED

Sloppy Equaliser

riddlesdown red

If you watch the highlights, rovers tried to work the short corner on a number of occasions, so the fact their equaliser came from a short corner means someone and i think it was elliot needs to be shot. Woolford went out to cover the short corner and when that player went inside woolford followed him, their fullback promptly runs up and takes his place and elliot just watched him and could not prevent the crioss coming in which led to their goal. Bearing in mind Millen was a defender I have posted before that year on year we let in more goals check out the tables, you would think he would have us as tight as a ducks backside

If you watch the highlights, rovers tried to work the short corner on a number of occasions, so the fact their equaliser came from a short corner means someone and i think it was elliot needs to be shot. Woolford went out to cover the short corner and when that player went inside woolford followed him, their fullback promptly runs up and takes his place and elliot just watched him and could not prevent the crioss coming in which led to their goal. Bearing in mind Millen was a defender I have posted before that year on year we let in more goals check out the tables, you would think he would have us as tight as a ducks backside

Another soft goal, Make that 8 this season in the league! facepalm.gifbanghead.gif

Campbell Ryce was the culprit. James had a massive go at him about 5 seconds after the linesman flagged for a goal.

When the corner was awarded, Woolford moved towards the goal to cover one of the posts, and Campbell Ryce was meant to pick up Doncaster's second player and prevent the cross coming in from a quick corner.

JCR was unfortunately looking the other way, Doncaster took the corner quickly and three seconds later it was 1-1.

Can we add that Nyatanga gets drawn towards the ball when it is crossed and leaves Hayter completely unmarked at the far post? This is a regular feature with our central defenders who seem to regard marking their man as an optional extra. People have said he had a good game but that counts for little if he fails again to do the basics. Keith has gone on about our defending at set pieces for ages, tried man-for-man as opposed to zonal marking in a pre-season game and concluded the players couldn't cope with it and seems powerless to do anything about it. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear I suppose.:disapointed2se:

Campbell Ryce was the culprit. James had a massive go at him about 5 seconds after the linesman flagged for a goal.

When the corner was awarded, Woolford moved towards the goal to cover one of the posts, and Campbell Ryce was meant to pick up Doncaster's second player and prevent the cross coming in from a quick corner.

JCR was unfortunately looking the other way, Doncaster took the corner quickly and three seconds later it was 1-1.

:city: What was Campell Ryce doing in defence at a corner ? He brings little to defence and would be better deployed on the half way line for a quick break away but instead we bring every player back for a corner inviting more of thier players forward,negative football :grr:

:city: What was Campell Ryce doing in defence at a corner ? He brings little to defence and would be better deployed on the half way line for a quick break away but instead we bring every player back for a corner inviting more of thier players forward,negative football :grr:

A very fair question and one I can't answer!

In the second half on Saturday we were only really leaving Maynard upfield when defending corners / set pieces - and we didn't get the ball to him on anywhere near enough occasions. Instead we normally gave it straight back to Doncaster - Skuse and Woolford were particularly bad culprits (although by no means the only ones, and both did make a few good tackles at other points in the game).

Very frustrating to concede such a bad goal especially after the penalty save a few minutes earlier.

Too right!

I rate JCR but he's about as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot at defending set pieces. Stick him up field, where he takes two opponents to mark.

Saying this to my mate and I am sure its not the first goal conceded from a short corner this season.

Pathetic that it happens once let alone multiple times in a single game. These are such basic school boy errors it defies believe we can't learn and stop them.

Monkeys learn quicker than the shit getting paid multiple £thousands a week currently occupying the shirt

Seriously sort it out!!! Should be such an easy fix if you can't get this right you dont deserve to be involved in the game.

Archived