IGNORED

Rougier

nickD

Is it just me, or was anyone else really clued up about Rougier when we signed him on deadline day? I was left scratching my head thinking 'who'?!

But what a revelation this man has been. On deadline day I was unsure as to what he could bring to the team, but I stand corrected, and say that he HAS TO STAY!!!!

Sorry, just wanted to write it all down!

Is it just me, or was anyone else really clued up about Rougier when we signed him on deadline day? I was left scratching my head thinking 'who'?!

But what a revelation this man has been. On deadline day I was unsure as to what he could bring to the team, but I stand corrected, and say that he HAS TO STAY!!!!

I must admit I was worried when we signed him. Although he had a blinder against Matt Hill whilst playing for Brentford I was worried as to why he'd become something of a journeyman player in recent times.

Just goes to show how wrong you can be. Not only has he almost singlehandedly reignited our season but he seems like a damn good egg.

The guy has got to be given a 12 month deal.

..................slow.

He may have great skill and an ability to score when we need it but he doesn't seem to be our sort of player. We are a team who attack really quickly - either through superb one-touch passing or blistering pace.

Whatever you may think of Rougier, you must see that he slows the game down.

However, he is a dead cert for us next year and respect to him if he continues to do the business!

Nick B

Guest Royal4ever

I don't think Rouge is suited to Division One as much as he is suited to the bottom two Divisions. My first impressions of him when he came to Reading were the same as everybody elses, just big strong and awkward, he unsettles defenders, simple as that.

I don't think Rouge is suited to Division One as much as he is suited to the bottom two Divisions. My first impressions of him when he came to Reading were the same as everybody elses, just big strong and awkward, he unsettles defenders, simple as that.

Go sing "God Save the Queen" to your German descended monarch :clap: This country has had enough of Royalist snobbery. :clap:

I saw him for brentford against us and he was quality and after the game i said to my friend that we should sign him thinking that wilson would never do it in a million years. And there we go on deadline day we signed him.

Well done Rouge!!! :clap:

If he gets a contract next season his name is going on the back of my shirt. I've never done that before as I always worry the player will leave and I won't want to wear my shirt again...but Rougier deserves respect even if he plays twice for us next season and I will be proud to wear his name, if for nothing more than his now legendary interviews!

Notice how his name gets the biggest cheer by a long way at the start of a game now, I'm glad its not just me who loves the bloke.

On deadline day I was ringing everyone who I knew wouldn't or couldn't be near a computer. Most of the conversations went like this:

"Guess what? Who is the last person you'd expect us to sign?? No, think of an ex-player..... no, it's Scott Murray!! No, this isn't a wind up. Honestly, it's on the main site, we've got him back, even though we were refused the chance to loan him the other day.

Oh, and we've made two other signings, though they're only till the end of the season. Darren Caskey - yeah, I've heard of him. And some bloke called Tony Rougier. Trinidad international supposedly. Yeah, I know, Scotty's back!"

From that humble introduction he has now gone on to be a legend in my eyes. Especially his "nobody comes into my house and hurts my family" line :clap:

I fully respect him for his beliefs - I may not be religious but I honestly don't think he shoves them down peoples' throats. He just mentions what they mean to him.

And I think he has won over the hearts of most of the City fans. Good on yer Tone, now sign a deal and we'll go from there!! :clap:

Archived