IGNORED

'king' Kanu's Real Age?

Carey 6

After seeing Kanu scoring for portsmouth on saturday, in what seems his 30th season in football, me and a few mates were discussing about his real age. It seems a question that a lot of people ask and i found an year old article that claims he's really 42 which is 10 years older than what was his official age of 32 then. Here's where it gets a bit more dodgy, go onto his wikipedia page (not always correct i know) which states he is now 35 (45 if the guardian article is right) So he's got 3 years older in 1 year :laughcont:

Still, if he is that old, great feat to be playing at this level at his age

Article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem

Thoughts?

After seeing Kanu scoring for portsmouth on saturday, in what seems his 30th season in football, me and a few mates were discussing about his real age. It seems a question that a lot of people ask and i found an year old article that claims he's really 42 which is 10 years older than what was his official age of 32 then. Here's where it gets a bit more dodgy, go onto his wikipedia page (not always correct i know) which states he is now 35 (45 if the guardian article is right) So he's got 3 years older in 1 year :laughcont:

Still, if he is that old, great feat to be playing at this level at his age

Article: http://www.guardian....age-old-problem

Thoughts?

Interesting read. Obviously not all of the allegations are true. It states that Taribo West would have been playing into his 50s! :laughcont: I think there may be a degree of truth in some of them though, like the example of that bloke who Anderlecht signed. Sounds like some of Nigeria's players could have lied to get into youth tournaments and secure moves as promising youngsters when they were already in their 20s. This also reminds me of Roger Milla who apparently didn't know how old he was. Some estimates reckon that he was playing in the World Cup in his mid 40s! Again though, not sure if this is true.

Interesting read. Obviously not all of the allegations are true. It states that Taribo West would have been playing into his 50s! :laughcont: I think there may be a degree of truth in some of them though, like the example of that bloke who Anderlecht signed. Sounds like some of Nigeria's players could have lied to get into youth tournaments and secure moves as promising youngsters when they were already in their 20s. This also reminds me of Roger Milla who apparently didn't know how old he was. Some estimates reckon that he was playing in the World Cup in his mid 40s! Again though, not sure if this is true.

I believe the one about Obafemi Martins though, i reckon he looks 30-35 and its stated that he's 27

Archived