IGNORED

Ryan Mcgivern

Longacre_red

Sod what the Leicester fans think, most of them are up their own arses living in the past and need to be knocked down a peg or two (which thank God has started to happen now the season has started and they have had some bad results). Id much rather read the palace fans perspectives than listen to any of their dross, atleast with palace, their fans know where their team is now instead of living on past glory.

As people have said lets judge him OURSELVES. Im sure NO United fan would of rated Forlan after that dreadful season in the PL, now hes one of the best strikers in Spain, players adapt and feel more comfortable at different clubs. Im looking forward to seeing what this lad can do myself...

BUT Keef PLEASE PLEASE dont stop, one signing wont make us good, we need to press on!

Left back in, great stuff. Very keen to see him play over the next few months. That's been a problem position IMO since league one days, I hope if this guy does well there's at least the possibility of making it permanent.

Don't particularly care what other fans think of a player they've had on loan briefly, there can be lots of different factors in how well a player does at any club, best to wait and see him play over a number of games.

Brilliant post from Greg. Nice to see an intelligent supporter of another side on here.

I think the fact that Millen has subbed Jamie Mac in 4 of our 5 league games meant a LB was always going to arrive this week, especially if the rumours that Nathan Baker of Villa was lined up before he got sent off for their ressies was true..

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sounds like most youth players from the prem in that he has potential to improve, just needs games and support.

Seems your here, how is your squad shaping up and how do you think you will fair this season? Is your inexperienced manager improving on what he took over last year and looking like he's going to make the grade etc etc ?

Our squad is OK, since administration we've really needed to strengthen, and gradually we're doing that, generally with 'bargain' signings or free transfers. Also, we've got loads of youngsters in and around the squad which is great to see, and will hopefully earn us a fair bit of dosh in the future (unless we somehow reach the promised land). Team spirit seems to be extremely high as well at the moment, so credit Freedman with that. Sean Scannell seems to be coming into his own, Glenn Murray looks quality, Owen Garvan seems reborn, Wilfried Zaha has immense talent, Jonathan Parr seems an unbelievably good signing for £200k... just hopeful at this stage really.

I think we'll end up mid-table, which I would be delighted with really, anything that shows progress and means we're not biting our nails come the last few games of the season. Anything above mid-table is a bonus.

Dougie is definitely improving things, and gradually the style of play is changing as we get better with defending and more players come back from injury. He, and the new owners, want to build the club up gradually rather than just spend loads of money on a huge gamble, something previous chairmen are guilty of. Away performances (the tactics mainly) are still quite depressing and negative though, but now we've won an away game (finally) we'll hopefully start to see some change in our away tactics (as with the home performances).

How do you think you're going to fare?

City have agreed to sign Manchester City defender Ryan McGivern on a season-long loan deal, subject to the player passing a medical.

Great. We only got Macca in lb. Spence and now McGivern its good. Wilson have played well and then we have Nyataga and Fonts. Carey, Edwards and Ribbs. Stewart and Hunt. Many defenders and 2 good goalkepers. Hopefully the defence is sorted out in a good way.

Thanks for the info Greg_PCFC, always nice to have some real, unbiased observation.

I agree, players get on better in some clubs than others, let's hope he fits in and plays a stormer!

He can't be all bad if he's still in the NI squad and kept on at MC?:dunno:

Let's allow him the opportunity to prove himself! :sign09:

Sproule played for NI, not a great benchmark im afraid, but new blood, hope the lad does well and is a good as caulker and spence have been

I may be wrong, but from the looks of it some Leicester fans thought he'd be a good centre-back, and when he played there for Palace it proved true.

@ RMLF - Looking at the line-up on BBC for the Peterborough game, he played left-back there, assuming they played 4 across the back.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I read into it. However, he's still going to provide better cover at LB than Woolford (he has tried his hardest when played there, but obviously not natural to him). Maybe Millen did only have scope for one more player, so needed the versatility of someone like McGivern? I wouldn't be that surprised if we did move on Stewart now though, as we have plenty of cover for the central positions (Wilson, Nyatanga, Fonts, Carey and now this guy). The medical should be straight forward hopefully, so welcome to the club Mr McGivern. :chant6ez: Also, interesting to see that he recently signed a new contract at MCFC, so he can't be too bad!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I read into it. However, he's still going to provide better cover at LB than Woolford (he has tried his hardest when played there, but obviously not natural to him). Maybe Millen did only have scope for one more player, so needed the versatility of someone like McGivern? I wouldn't be that surprised if we did move on Stewart now though, as we have plenty of cover for the central positions (Wilson, Nyatanga, Fonts, Carey and now this guy). The medical should be straight forward hopefully, so welcome to the club Mr McGivern. :chant6ez: Also, interesting to see that he recently signed a new contract at MCFC, so he can't be too bad!

Agree total man city would not extend his contract if didn't have potential, maybe the next caulker and who cares what Leicester fans think, they also think there getting Maynard :laugh:

Sure he played against us at selhurst Park when we won with the Iwelumo goal. Could not mistake that haircut.

He's big and decent.

Who gives one what those jealous Leicester cretins. think.

Well done Milly and Wiggle ...........................

(Tin hats ready here come the keyboard gladiators .....................................)

It would be nice to gain a reputations as a club that can bring through up and comming youth/young players.

Agree - if only though we could do it with our own players rather than on behalf of other teams....Not to knock this as anything other than a good move, but not in the longer term benefits of the club clearly....

Our squad is OK, since administration we've really needed to strengthen, and gradually we're doing that, generally with 'bargain' signings or free transfers. Also, we've got loads of youngsters in and around the squad which is great to see, and will hopefully earn us a fair bit of dosh in the future (unless we somehow reach the promised land). Team spirit seems to be extremely high as well at the moment, so credit Freedman with that. Sean Scannell seems to be coming into his own, Glenn Murray looks quality, Owen Garvan seems reborn, Wilfried Zaha has immense talent, Jonathan Parr seems an unbelievably good signing for £200k... just hopeful at this stage really.

I think we'll end up mid-table, which I would be delighted with really, anything that shows progress and means we're not biting our nails come the last few games of the season. Anything above mid-table is a bonus.

Dougie is definitely improving things, and gradually the style of play is changing as we get better with defending and more players come back from injury. He, and the new owners, want to build the club up gradually rather than just spend loads of money on a huge gamble, something previous chairmen are guilty of. Away performances (the tactics mainly) are still quite depressing and negative though, but now we've won an away game (finally) we'll hopefully start to see some change in our away tactics (as with the home performances).

How do you think you're going to fare?

We will do well to finish above Palace. The club is still in a bit of a mess from the Coppell fiasco a year ago. Unbalanced, bloated squad, too many average players and a manager still striving to prove himself to the doubters. It would not take much for the season to go badly wrong but hopefully we will muddle along in mid-table and start to clear out the deadwood - of which there is a log jam. Always thought Dougie was a good bloke. He has started well.

We will do well to finish above Palace. The club is still in a bit of a mess from the Coppell fiasco a year ago. Unbalanced, bloated squad, too many average players and a manager still striving to prove himself to the doubters. It would not take much for the season to go badly wrong but hopefully we will muddle along in mid-table and start to clear out the deadwood - of which there is a log jam. Always thought Dougie was a good bloke. He has started well.

Well i guess palace are finishing around 12th or 13th becuase our squad is a Mid table team atleast and thats where we are going TO FINISH ATLEAST

I wonder if KM will tell us what players he missed out on in the transfer window like he did last year and GJ before that. Would be integed to know how many defenders we missed out. And where we actually are with the NM talks, no ifs, no buts just where they are, that's if he's not gone of course.

Anyway, decent signing imo. COYR!

Archived