IGNORED

All Is Ok?

funky monkey

I was looking through our squad list earlier to day and thought that our squad is looking pretty tasty.

STRIKERS- Lets start with the obvious we got the best striker in the league and if he signs happy days if he doesnt we should get a good windfall to cash in on(im not considering the other option). Weve got brett pittman who is young and got goals in him and has that something extra technically. we then have stead who i believe is an excellent strker and i would start him every game, he'll run all day long and his goal scoting record is decent 9 in 27.

MIDFIELD - Lets start with the center killer kenny is an excellent but and something weve been missing since hartley left, that calm passer from the deep end of midfield who likes the ball. we got elliott who is an all day runner who puts him self about and is excellent in the air. Weve got more options in the defensive side in cisse and skuse. We still need that play maker but rome wasnt built in a season. Plus weve got potential in reid.

DEFENCE-0ur obvious flaw so lets start positive and that has to be Wilson young tall and not slow(carey/stewart) and i believe if he stays fit by the end of the season we might be getting some of the prem teams trying to pinh him. Down side now well all of the rest but we tried to sign every quality defender available in the summer but it didnt happen for what ever reason so hopfully at some point in jan or next season we can sort this situation out.

WINGERS- Adomah the guy is excellent slow start to the season but that will pick up soon. JCR is playing his best football since signing for us and weve got young potential to back them up in Bolasie(i wont say pittman).

All in all not a bad platform to build on there. Im sure some will say the main week point is the manager but time will tell with that one. Next season we will lose about half the team when contracts expire so as long as we can keep the best of our current crop i see happy days ahead.

My personal oppinion of this season will be of typical city fashion big winning streak follwed by a bad one and will finish safe.

Dont really know the point of this post maybe just to get it off my chest and cheer my self up.

That's all well and good but what about the fact that only two of our players show any positive movement and want to be passed the football?

Also, these 'tasty' players don't actually seem to put in the required effort every week.

Finally, our manager players strikers on the left wing.

Not a good transfer window at all. The only players good enough to be in a mid table Championship side are:

David James

James Wilson (so far)

Neil Kilkenny

Albert Adomah

Nicky Maynard

Jon Stead

Brett Pitman

That's all well and good but what about the fact that only two of our players show any positive movement and want to be passed the football?

Also, these 'tasty' players don't actually seem to put in the required effort every week.

Not a good transfer window at all. The only players good enough to be in a mid table Championship side are:

David James

James Wilson (so far)

Neil Kilkenny

Albert Adomah

Nicky Maynard

Jon Stead

Brett Pitman

Totaly agree and its not as an extensive list as some would have you beleive.

David James

James Wilson (so far)

Neil Kilkenny

Albert Adomah

Nicky Maynard

Jon Stead

Brett Pitman

Well thats 7 out of 11 my maths aint great but that leaves us 4 signings from in my oppinion a good team. our main problem is belief not quality. A couple of wins and they will be buzzing unless millen has already lost the dressing room then there is no chance.

David James

James Wilson (so far)

Neil Kilkenny

Albert Adomah

Nicky Maynard

Jon Stead

Brett Pitman

This sums up why we can't persist in playing 4-5-1. We have to be starting our better players but with 4-5-1 only one of these can start in their correct position.

This sums up why we can't persist in playing 4-5-1. We have to be starting our better players but with 4-5-1 only one of these can start in their correct position.

Absolutely.

David James has recently said that we have found a formation that 'keeps us in games for longer'. Surely we need to be aiming for more than this.

I know that a lot of people moan about everyone moaning but there is very good reason to be negative at the moment.

Absolutely.

David James has recently said that we have found a formation that 'keeps us in games for longer'. Surely we need to be aiming for more than this.

I know that a lot of people moan about everyone moaning but there is very good reason to be negative at the moment.

damn and i just cheered myself up. dj does have a point i wouldnt risk changing the formation yet.

I was looking through our squad list earlier to day and thought that our squad is looking pretty tasty.

STRIKERS- Lets start with the obvious we got the best striker in the league and if he signs happy days if he doesnt we should get a good windfall to cash in on(im not considering the other option). Weve got brett pittman who is young and got goals in him and has that something extra technically. we then have stead who i believe is an excellent strker and i would start him every game, he'll run all day long and his goal scoting record is decent 9 in 27.

MIDFIELD - Lets start with the center killer kenny is an excellent but and something weve been missing since hartley left, that calm passer from the deep end of midfield who likes the ball. we got elliott who is an all day runner who puts him self about and is excellent in the air. Weve got more options in the defensive side in cisse and skuse. We still need that play maker but rome wasnt built in a season. Plus weve got potential in reid.

DEFENCE-0ur obvious flaw so lets start positive and that has to be Wilson young tall and not slow(carey/stewart) and i believe if he stays fit by the end of the season we might be getting some of the prem teams trying to pinh him. Down side now well all of the rest but we tried to sign every quality defender available in the summer but it didnt happen for what ever reason so hopfully at some point in jan or next season we can sort this situation out.

WINGERS- Adomah the guy is excellent slow start to the season but that will pick up soon. JCR is playing his best football since signing for us and weve got young potential to back them up in Bolasie(i wont say pittman).

All in all not a bad platform to build on there. Im sure some will say the main week point is the manager but time will tell with that one. Next season we will lose about half the team when contracts expire so as long as we can keep the best of our current crop i see happy days ahead.

My personal oppinion of this season will be of typical city fashion big winning streak follwed by a bad one and will finish safe.

Dont really know the point of this post maybe just to get it off my chest and cheer my self up.

I also am feed up with reading negative post after post.

I think the squad we have will fare well this season.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to work on but KM needs time, months may be a season or two in order to get his chosen team together. Even I am not convinced, yet surly we must give him time.

Just Perhaps the Manager and board are also still learning and are no longer willing to be held to ransom by greedy players.

The present side looks good to me :

Two quality GK's , one who played in the world cup only last year !

We now have a LB and RB that signed contracts for Premier League teams, both have international caps and young and keen.

Two centres backs, again young and hungry, improving their partnership game on game.

Mid field, we have players like Marv that will run all day and give 100% and has attracted lots of interest from around the championship, and players like Kilkenny (first choose for his country) that can distribute the ball, wingers like Albert that can tear defensives apart (and has now been called into his international side) and as stated JCR improving as the season goes on. Not sure what the current issues are with Cisse, but a great defensive midfielder with lots of Premier League experience.

Up front, Maynard (best in the div). pitman, also young and hungry with an eye for goal at this level for certain. I was amazed when we signed Stead, what a deal! (Remembering Sunderland paid around 2.5m for him only a few years back)

I could mention another half a dozen players that will make it in most championship sides. However I do except there are a few players that need to move on, I'm sure they will when the time is right.

Come on you lot, our glass is really have full! Onwards and upwards!!!!

I also am feed up with reading negative post after post.

I think the squad we have will fare well this season.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to work on but KM needs time, months may be a season or two in order to get his chosen team together. Even I am not convinced, yet surly we must give him time.

Just Perhaps the Manager and board are also still learning and are no longer willing to be held to ransom by greedy players.

The present side looks good to me :

Two quality GK's , one who played in the world cup only last year !

We now have a LB and RB that signed contracts for Premier League teams, both have international caps and young and keen.

Two centres backs, again young and hungry, improving their partnership game on game.

Mid field, we have players like Marv that will run all day and give 100% and has attracted lots of interest from around the championship, and players like Kilkenny (first choose for his country) that can distribute the ball, wingers like Albert that can tear defensives apart (and has now been called into his international side) and as stated JCR improving as the season goes on. Not sure what the current issues are with Cisse, but a great defensive midfielder with lots of Premier League experience.

Up front, Maynard (best in the div). pitman, also young and hungry with an eye for goal at this level for certain. I was amazed when we signed Stead, what a deal! (Remembering Sunderland paid around 2.5m for him only a few years back)

I could mention another half a dozen players that will make it in most championship sides. However I do except there are a few players that need to move on, I'm sure they will when the time is right.

Come on you lot, our glass is really have full! Onwards and upwards!!!!

Spot on and it does get a bit depressing on here sometimes thank god it's only football and it's just a bit of FUN

Archived