IGNORED

Do Your Bit

sglosbcfc

Brilliant move by the club to offer season ticket holders the chance to buy an extra ticket for a £5. Now we as supporters must do our bit by ringing, texting, e-mailing all those City fans who aren't regular fans this season for whatever reason and getting them along for the Brighton game. It is an attractive match anyway and the Seagulls should bring 1500+ with them, a gate of 15-16,000 should be achieveable. If you got a few quid and you know your mate is out of work or short on cash why not buy him a ticket at only a fiver. A good atmosphere will ensure City are roared onto to 3 points. I predicted Leicester 1 City 2 and the Maynard goals and I'm going to go for City 3 Brighton 1. C'mon you Reds.

A decent gate inside Ashton makes for a really good atmosphere, why run the club down? If you want a terrible atmosphere go and watch the Gas at the likes of Leyton Orient with the 1800 others.

Who is running the club down ?

Its the fans im directing criticism at. Just sit there looking like they are just out for the day for some entertainment and looking apathetic.

A decent gate inside Ashton makes for a really good atmosphere, why run the club down? If you want a terrible atmosphere go and watch the Gas at the likes of Leyton Orient with the 1800 others.

The atmosphere at Rovers is better, Ashton Gate is a liberary

Our away support has always been decent though

Give me something to cheer about. How about one of the following:

a) a manager, team and board who are all as passionate as the fans

b) an exciting group of players to watch or at least one player that gets me out of my seat

c) failing b, then a team like our promotion side who work their knackers off for eachother and always give 110%

Don't think we've really got any chance of A or B now so unless there are signs of C anytime soon, I won't be r o a r i n g.

When your team is winning the crowd are noisy, losing it's the opposite.

Every ground in the country is the same.

Ashton Gate is no different to any other ground.

I think Ashton Gate is very different grounds in looks and feel. theres a lot of difference club to club. fans are not all the same city have a lot of lads the type of which you dont see a lot of at other clubs. peolpe like to knock it on here but its miles above atmosphere wise coventry derby or leicester. went to ipswich and the entire crowd sat politeley and quietly even thpough they thrashed city. i would say noise wise its one of the better ones.

Well after watching the first two home games I will not be returning any time soon.

The football as is the atmosphere is awful. Until we show some passion on the pitch and either Millen sorts his tactics out or is replaced, I'd rather not spend my hard earned cash.

When your team is winning the crowd are noisy, losing it's the opposite.

Every ground in the country is the same.

Ashton Gate is no different to any other ground.

So what about the start at 0-0 ?

What about when we are actually winning ?

What about when we have a corner ? ..oh hang on.. we get the strained "come on you Reds" that dilutes halfway through the second attempt.

Dress it up all you like mate. Singing at Ashton Gate is bloody dire !!

Years ago it could be a real dog of a game at 0-0 but both sets of fans chanting at one another. You cant beat it. That to me made up for the naff game.

The only way we are going to get any atmosphere back is start designating families in certain areas.

Take B Block in the Dolman. Used to get quite "Sweary" in there and plenty of songs were sung. Now all I get around me are families with youngsters at ages of 3 - 7 and you now have to watch your language. OK swearing aint big and clever apparently but if and I mean IF someone bellows out the start of the song, the kids in front turn round "shitting themselves" and everyone else who isnt a regular look round to see what the noise is about.

Sometimes fans have to bite the bullet, suffer the rubbish that is served up and get behind the team........it happened in 1982, 1983 & 1984 when we were at our lowest.

I can remember going to Crewe on a wet wednesday night (or tuesday night.....permanently drunk in those days), we got stuffed 4-1 and went bottom of the whole football league but we sang our bollox off the whole game.

Again, going to Rochdale and absolutely going potty because we equalised.......

Football fans these day want it on a plate now. :disapointed2se:

Perhaps playing home games on a friday or saturday night would help........always better during the week.

BCAGFC

What about when we have a corner ? ..oh hang on.. we get the strained "come on you Reds" that dilutes halfway through the second attempt.

Years ago it could be a real dog of a game at 0-0 but both sets of fans chanting at one another. You cant beat it. That to me made up for the naff game.

The only way we are going to get any atmosphere back is start designating families in certain areas.

Take B Block in the Dolman. Used to get quite "Sweary" in there and plenty of songs were sung. Now all I get around me are families with youngsters at ages of 3 - 7 and you now have to watch your language. OK swearing aint big and clever apparently but if and I mean IF someone bellows out the start of the song, the kids in front turn round "shitting themselves" and everyone else who isnt a regular look round to see what the noise is about.

I sit in block be and have given up on trying to start songs off I used to and would love it to be like the old days, it used to be buzzing at the gate.

Will give it a go at Brighton but we all no the out come .... Unless we score early then we may get a verse or 2

I got a season ticket for the Wedlock....will i be able to get a friend into the Wedlock or is that season card/members only like usual????

This is straight up i phoned the club yesterday with your season ticket you can bringh a friend for a fiver without a membership. I wouldnt bullshit you or waste your time as i have gone down the club before from work and found i couldnt get a ticket.

This is straight up i phoned the club yesterday with your season ticket you can bringh a friend for a fiver without a membership. I wouldnt bullshit you or waste your time as i have gone down the club before from work and found i couldnt get a ticket.

well thats a gd deal then init. im suprised bcfc using their initiative.

Sometimes fans have to bite the bullet, suffer the rubbish that is served up and get behind the team........it happened in 1982, 1983 & 1984 when we were at our lowest.

I can remember going to Crewe on a wet wednesday night (or tuesday night.....permanently drunk in those days), we got stuffed 4-1 and went bottom of the whole football league but we sang our bollox off the whole game.

Again, going to Rochdale and absolutely going potty because we equalised.......

Football fans these day want it on a plate now. :disapointed2se:

Perhaps playing home games on a friday or saturday night would help........always better during the week.

BCAGFC

I was on the Crewe terrace behind the goal that night, they even had a little mob in the enclosure to our left.

Shrewsbury was another one, I think they put 6 past us.

At 5-0 down the City fans were doing the conga and singing, "We've got the worst team in the land".

And it was true, but we were there anyway.city.gif

i remember as a young un going to crewe away around 82/83 era between christmas and new year and city were trailing 2 .1 and we got a penalty infront of the away end where we jumped on the railings and went potty as the ball was rammed into the roof of the net !! unless my memory fails me we were playing in yellow and black pinstriped hireite , and for the life of me i cant remember who scored the penalty

What about when we have a corner ? ..oh hang on.. we get the strained "come on you

Reds" that dilutes halfway through the second attempt.

Years ago it could be a real dog of a game

at 0-0 but both sets of fans chanting at one another. You cant beat it. That to me made up for the naff game.

Take B Block in the Dolman. Used to get quite "Sweary" in there and plenty of songs were sung. Now all I get around me are families with youngsters at ages of 3 - 7 and you now have to watch your language. OK swearing aint big and clever apparently but if and I mean IF someone bellows out the start

of the song, the kids in front turn round "shitting themselves" and everyone else who isnt a regular look round to see what the noise is about.

As you say "it used to be". I used to love the atmosphere at the Gate and at some of the tasty away games.

For me the best games are the ones with an edge. Millwall etc, but the football experience!! has changed totally from 15 years ago.

Other than the odd biggish game we don't get going at City anymore.

I was on the Crewe terrace behind the goal that night, they even had a little mob in the enclosure to our left.

Shrewsbury was another one, I think they put 6 past us.

At 5-0 down the City fans were doing the conga and singing, "We've got the worst team in the land".

And it was true, but we were there anyway.city.gif

I was at the Shrewsbury game, think it was 4-0. I can remember about 500 City fans doing the dying fly on the terraces :)

Think it was about the same time as we had the "oops upside the head" sit down, but to the "we are Cider heads" chant.

Archived