IGNORED

Pick A First Choice 11 And Second Choice 11 And See Who's Left Over...

Lack of Action Man

Simple enough, pick two teams from current City players. Anyone who is left over is surplus.

First choice

1. James

RB Spence

CB Fontaine

CB Wilson

LB McGivern or McAllister

RW Adomah

CM Kilkenny

CM Cisse

LW JCR

ST Pitman or Stead

ST Maynard

Second Choice

1. Gerken

RB Edwards

CB Nyatanga

CB Stewart

LB Woolford

RCM Skuse

CM Elliot

LCM Johnson

RF Jackson or Clarkson

CF Taylor

LF Bolassie

Which leaves me with:

Ribeiro

Ball

Lennox

Hunt

Amadi-Holloway

Byran

L. Carey

Muggeridge.

Reid

So, I'm basically getting rid of our development squad...

What would you do differently? And who in the two teams of 11 is really a championship quality player? Mine are in green...

Why is Wilson in your first team if he isn't Championship quality? When you think the two centre backs in your second team are? Confusing!

Reid looks like he has potential to be good, I'd stick him in.

Good point. I do think Wilson IS Championship quality. Ribs IS, despite his injury problems. I honestly think Wooly will be, given the chance and Skuse may not be the best player in the world, but has proven himself at this level. Also, isn't the whole point about the development squad that they aren't Championship quality players, but could become so in the next few years? I am glad that players like Bolasie and Taylor are here and some of the youngsters could also be capable of making the step up.

Why is Wilson in your first team if he isn't Championship quality? When you think the two centre backs in your second team are? Confusing!

Reid looks like he has potential to be good, I'd stick him in.

Sorry, Wilson should have been in green - I made a mistake :surrender:

Edit: and in response to Semblar, my initial idea was to work with a squad of 22 players. Assuming that McAllister is injured and that McGivern is solely this seasons replacement then effectively they both count as one position for the first 11... don't think I've worded that particularly well but hopefully you get what I mean.

With Stead and Pitman, Clarkson and Jackson; I was simply unable to decide who I thought should get the place in the team so I opened up the squad size.

Still, I have an overall squad of 22 players and whilst controversially mine basically says scrap the development side, how many of these players will ever make it into the first team? Really?

As for the professionals I would release (Hunt, Ribs) the former simply has not fitted in here at all and the latter cannot put himself consistently into the team due to injuries.

Archived