IGNORED

Loans That Could Have Helped

Murraysrightplum

John Fleck from Rangers (gone to Sheff Utd)

Henri Lansbury from Arsenal (gone to WHU)

Patrick van Aanholt from Man City (gone to Wigan)

James Hurst from West Brom (England under 21 international)

Ok the loan window is still open but surely we should have been looking at players of this quality. Anyone else still available that we could look at? Wigley should know about a lot of these youngsters and we know they can dig up a diamond as with Caulker. Come of Keef get us a good un!!!

loan window is shut for a week,

Fleck is over rated and not needed he's just a more expensive version of clarkson League one is his level

We couldn't compete with West Ham as they are a bigger club and more attractive

We can't offer prem football like wigan

Don't know anything about hurst is he any good? what postion does he play?

Don't like always shooting you down as it seems I'm always pick on your posts not my aim,

Teflon already has a couple lined not sure who,

Yes, but given the choice as a player, who would you rather join? Those teams mentioned or bristol city, and yes I think Sheffield united are a better draw than us. At the end of the day we are a nothing club to most prem players. Just like the accrington Stanley advert I'm afraid.

loan window is shut for a week,

Fleck is over rated and not needed he's just a more expensive version of clarkson League one is his level

We couldn't compete with West Ham as they are a bigger club and more attractive

We can't offer prem football like wigan

Don't know anything about hurst is he any good? what postion does he play?

Don't like always shooting you down as it seems I'm always pick on your posts not my aim,

Teflon already has a couple lined not sure who,

I wasn't posting to say we should have got them over any of those clubs just that there are good quality players available on loan. Maybe we could have sneaked in earlier and got some players like that before everyone else did. Maybe fees/wages are the issue. Not having a go at Millen, more wondering who is still out there...

Yes, but given the choice as a player, who would you rather join? Those teams mentioned or bristol city, and yes I think Sheffield united are a better draw than us. At the end of the day we are a nothing club to most prem players. Just like the accrington Stanley advert I'm afraid.

that is clearly baloney given we have just signed a Man City player on loan, had Caulker all last season and Spence when he was with a Prem club. You may have your glass as empty as you want but no need to spout nonsense.

I wasn't posting to say we should have got them over any of those clubs just that there are good quality players available on loan. Maybe we could have sneaked in earlier and got some players like that before everyone else did. Maybe fees/wages are the issue. Not having a go at Millen, more wondering who is still out there...

ahh that makes me feel a little better,

Wait until the 25 man squads are named friday there are going to be some real quilaty players available as anyone over 21 has to be named in a squad,

Take last season and see some of the loan deals in the championship, the league is getter more attractive by the day and if the likes of belend etc consider it now then who know's who we might be able to snatch,

Wayne Bridge sign for anyone yesterday?

that is clearly baloney given we have just signed a Man City player on loan, had Caulker all last season and Spence when he was with a Prem club. You may have your glass as empty as you want but no need to spout nonsense.

+ 1 ..............TRL I would hate to live in your negative world

Not really, the bigger name youngsters will not come, we take a punt on the lesser ones and hope they turn out to be a gem. Luckily we have wiggles so at least he may have seen some up close. Just look at the clubs the loanees we have got have been before.

sadly your standard footballer is going to view us as a "footballing back water" - read Andy Cole's book for proof of this attitude and even though Bristol is a fantastic city with lots of night life etc, most poorly educated professional footballers will assume we are a small farming town!! hence they prefer going to smaller clubs on occasions who are based in London or other big cities.

we certainly lose out on the location side, we also do not have a recent history of top flight footy, which again makes it harder to attract the footballers we need.

Its why we end up paying other the odds for average footballers, who are normally content to sit it out their contract on our bench or in the reserves.

sadly your standard footballer is going to view us as a "footballing back water" - read Andy Cole's book for proof of this attitude and even though Bristol is a fantastic city with lots of night life etc, most poorly educated professional footballers will assume we are a small farming town!! hence they prefer going to smaller clubs on occasions who are based in London or other big cities.

we certainly lose out on the location side, we also do not have a recent history of top flight footy, which again makes it harder to attract the footballers we need.

Its why we end up paying other the odds for average footballers, who are normally content to sit it out their contract on our bench or in the reserves.

Come and join my baloney club where we can spout crap together.

ahh that makes me feel a little better,

Wait until the 25 man squads are named friday there are going to be some real quilaty players available as anyone over 21 has to be named in a squad,

Take last season and see some of the loan deals in the championship, the league is getter more attractive by the day and if the likes of belend etc consider it now then who know's who we might be able to snatch,

Wayne Bridge sign for anyone yesterday?

Exactly, players like Bridge are likely to be left out of the prem teams 25, meaning they have to drop down to Championship level or go abroad. If we can get a couple of decent players, who are left out, on loan until january we could be in a nice position. After QPR's business yesterday, they have alot of decent players for championship level who may not make the 25

Not saying we are the most attractive club on the planet - but certainly neither do we have no chance - Andy Cole came and benefitted from his time with us. As did Caulker who was a top quality acquisition and Spence who has settled in nicely. Our new left back has moved from the richest club in the country to play for us for the rest of the season so don't really think the point TRL made stands scrutiny. Why not wait and see what's in store......

We are one of only 4 championship clubs who have never played in the premier league, the other 3 all have brand new stadiums and in the case of cardiff and brighton both are more attractive footballling destinations than Bristol, I would say that apart from Doncaster we are pretty much at the bottom of the pile when it comes to attracting talent. Shit outdated ground, very ltd recent success and a very small chance of achieving any would also probably put us pretty low down the pecking order too!

The one positive is that we sighned Caulker and Rose last season and both have gone on to play Premier League football, so the players have been developed (although I think Rose would have blossomed if played in his correct position).

Lets see what the loan window brings before we all jump off the suspension bridge!

We are one of only 4 championship clubs who have never played in the premier league, the other 3 all have brand new stadiums and in the case of cardiff and brighton both are more attractive footballling destinations than Bristol, I would say that apart from Doncaster we are pretty much at the bottom of the pile when it comes to attracting talent. Shit outdated ground, very ltd recent success and a very small chance of achieving any would also probably put us pretty low down the pecking order too!

The one positive is that we sighned Caulker and Rose last season and both have gone on to play Premier League football, so the players have been developed (although I think Rose would have blossomed if played in his correct position).

Lets see what the loan window brings before we all jump off the suspension bridge!

Well put Wolf the Premier league is a world apart in coverage and turnover West Ham Utd seem to be playing their own version of swap-shop being so high profile they are proberly the Manchester Utd of the championship and as such have the clout to attract players such as Nolan,Bentley,Carew ect.... My cousin a massive Brum fan expected relegation due to the club being drained by the Golds and Sullivan who wanted out and didn't finance quality signings to push them on won the league cup but went down now its sell,sell,sell to keep going, outside of the west country City are a so,so club who get a mention every now and again .................... Cardiff still p##s me off seem to have ridden their financial worries out with the new owners and manager their new ground has certainly helped get the crowds in plus various Wembley appearences City have gone Stale another Ashton Vale hold up !!!!!!!!!! No clear leadership from the top or management the same old issues rehashed over,at least its a nice view from the suspension bridge take any potential signings there 1st before showing them Ashton Gate.

Well put Wolf the Premier league is a world apart in coverage and turnover West Ham Utd seem to be playing their own version of swap-shop being so high profile they are proberly the Manchester Utd of the championship and as such have the clout to attract players such as Nolan,Bentley,Carew ect.... My cousin a massive Brum fan expected relegation due to the club being drained by the Golds and Sullivan who wanted out and didn't finance quality signings to push them on won the league cup but went down now its sell,sell,sell to keep going, outside of the west country City are a so,so club who get a mention every now and again .................... Cardiff still p##s me off seem to have ridden their financial worries out with the new owners and manager their new ground has certainly helped get the crowds in plus various Wembley appearences City have gone Stale another Ashton Vale hold up !!!!!!!!!! No clear leadership from the top or management the same old issues rehashed over,at least its a nice view from the suspension bridge take any potential signings there 1st before showing them Ashton Gate.

Archived