IGNORED

This Club Seems To Be Losing Its Way....

Mr Mosquito

What the hell has this got to do with political correctness?!

The work of the trust has nothing to do with performance on the pitch and I for one am proud that my club has decided to give something back to the community, especially in current climate.

If you begrudge that for some non-existent point about affecting how we play on a Saturday then that says more about you than the club, in my opinion.

Talking of encouraging the kids to get involved, what about going back to the situation a few seasons ago, where the kids who were at the gate could get up close and personal with all the players prior to the game.

What excuse was it that was used to close the gates behind the Atyeo until all the players in their 4 x 4's were safely in the dressing room, so that the kids couldn't see their hero's and get autographs and have their photo's taken before the game?

Health and Safety? The players were being delayed getting to the dressing room? Some were getting RSI?

Someone is sure to say but they always sign after the game, and that may be true, but that involves a lot of hanging around for an indeterminate amount of time.

So come on City get involved with your local community of young fans, not just when it suits you, but when it suits them.

Talking of encouraging the kids to get involved, what about going back to the situation a few seasons ago, where the kids who were at the gate could get up close and personal with all the players prior to the game.

What excuse was it that was used to close the gates behind the Atyeo until all the players in their 4 x 4's were safely in the dressing room, so that the kids couldn't see their hero's and get autographs and have their photo's taken before the game?

Health and Safety? The players were being delayed getting to the dressing room? Some were getting RSI?

Someone is sure to say but they always sign after the game, and that may be true, but that involves a lot of hanging around for an indeterminate amount of time.

So come on City get involved with your local community of young fans, not just when it suits you, but when it suits them.

Another excellent reply, especially your points about the kids - that actually support the City by attending games - being able to get up close to the players prior to the game.

"So come on City get involved with your local community of young fans." :winner_third_h4h:

would also be good to know that bcfc exist in either cabot, broadmead or cribbs ? as you can only get city shirts etc from the club shop which to me seems to say to me we are bcfc you know where we are !! would be good to see city shirts in sports shops big or in smaller sports shops , bedminster /portishead etc.

spoke to a retailer and he told me city wanted too much money, dont know how true this is.

rovers have a small range of clothes in debenhams . why cant i see the supposedly biggest team in bristols merchandise !!

It seems the Toff Goblin is displaying age old class prejudice as he doesn't want City invloving itself in its South Bristol roots.

Yes, I'm the 'Toff Goblin'. :winner_third_h4h: I want BCFC back in the top flight of English football - where we belong. I want this club to again look down on all our local rivals in the divisions below.

What the hell has this got to do with political correctness?!

The work of the trust has nothing to do with performance on the pitch and I for one am proud that my club has decided to give something back to the community, especially in current climate.

If you begrudge that for some non-existent point about affecting how we play on a Saturday then that says more about you than the club, in my opinion.

Only red goblin knows what is wrong with coaching courses for kids and bristol city going out into the communuty. somehow he thinks it holds the club back but hes keeping quiet on why on that one too.

would also be good to know that bcfc exist in either cabot, broadmead or cribbs ? as you can only get city shirts etc from the club shop which to me seems to say to me we are bcfc you know where we are !! would be good to see city shirts in sports shops big or in smaller sports shops , bedminster /portishead etc.

spoke to a retailer and he told me city wanted too much money, dont know how true this is.

rovers have a small range of clothes in debenhams . why cant i see the supposedly biggest team in bristols merchandise !!

The House of Fraser tie up didn't last long went in there back in June asked where the City section was only to be told it was no longer there the City,Rovers and Bristol Rugby shop in Penn Street was handy until the Cabot Circus development.... Villa,Brum and Wolves have retail outlets away from the ground so did Leeds Utd until their financial meltdown proberly with City its not commercially practical to run a city centre outlet and not a big enough demand for an independent retailer to bother with ......

Archived