IGNORED

Working Abroad

CiderHider

And who wants to?

For the next decade or so the treasury will be crucifying you. England..I love this country, but I'll be ****** if I'm going to stay to help pay for the cock ups.

A massive world out there and I would encourage everyone who is disillusioned to move overseas.

I cant stress highly enough how easy it is for English (not British) people to get work overseas.

I normally work 6 months UK and 6 months Asia, although I'm now leaning towards full time in Asia, simply because its a fantastic place with everything I could wish for.

My English friends.. you are in a unique position, if you are struggling to find any kind of life in the UK, move to Asia. This is where it's happening and they can't get enough of English culture, or the English.

Teach! Teach! Teach! I taught English in Thailand for 2 yrs. I have a degree in psychology, but you don't need any qualifications, just need to be English (pref blonde with blue eyes) I'm not kidding. (and of course TEFL cert)

A good friend of mine from South Africa, white and far far brighter than me could not find a job for shit in Thailand teaching, because he's African. Stupid yes, but it just goes to show what an advantage you have being English overseas, we come with a reputation, use it to your advantage.

EDIT< was meant for Non football forum, sry MODS>

And who wants to?

For the next decade or so the treasury will be crucifying you. England..I love this country, but I'll be ****** if I'm going to stay to help pay for the cock ups.

A massive world out there and I would encourage everyone who is disillusioned to move overseas.

I cant stress highly enough how easy it is for English (not British) people to get work overseas.

I normally work 6 months UK and 6 months Asia, although I'm now leaning towards full time in Asia, simply because its a fantastic place with everything I could wish for.

My English friends.. you are in a unique position, if you are struggling to find any kind of life in the UK, move to Asia. This is where it's happening and they can't get enough of English culture, or the English.

Teach! Teach! Teach! I taught English in Thailand for 2 yrs. I have a degree in psychology, but you don't need any qualifications, just need to be English (pref blonde with blue eyes) I'm not kidding. (and of course TEFL cert)

A good friend of mine from South Africa, white and far far brighter than me could not find a job for shit in Thailand teaching, because he's African. Stupid yes, but it just goes to show what an advantage you have being English overseas, we come with a reputation, use it to your advantage.

I am just picturing it, a TV reporter doing a interview with a local. The camera zooms into a elderly villager, he smiles to camera an says "al'righ me baber, gert lush day here in'it" :-)

Working abroad is easy, I have done it in Spain. I used to go out for a few months every year a long time ago, then started to do a few year long stints. I think it keeps you alive, sometimes at home you get into a routine and stop really enjoying life bar the odd day or night. A new setting, having to learn a new district, meet new people, maybe a language just keeps you firing on all cylinders, best thing I have done.

And who wants to?

I am just picturing it, a TV reporter doing a interview with a local. The camera zooms into a elderly villager, he smiles to camera an says "al'righ me baber, gert lush day here in'it" :-)

Working abroad is easy, I have done it in Spain. I used to go out for a few months every year a long time ago, then started to do a few year long stints. I think it keeps you alive, sometimes at home you get into a routine and stop really enjoying life bar the odd day or night. A new setting, having to learn a new district, meet new people, maybe a language just keeps you firing on all cylinders, best thing I have done.

Haha, that will be me 40 yrs from now in Issan! Aye new things are daunting...but exciting?, the unknown can be frightening, but that's what makes you feel alive! I never feel more alive than when I'm working or visting in a foreign country. I feel like an ambassador!

England is so media ruled and pretentious, the riots was the last straw, the government propaganda machine of the BBC was too transparent afterwards. I'm a cynic., which is why I need to move away from the UK, this place makes me angry, bitter and ill. I'm fed up with being a good little tax payer, so I takes my chances elsewhere.

Worst thing in life is regret, I've never met anyone who regrets working over seas or travelling.

Haha, that will be me 40 yrs from now in Issan! Aye new things are daunting...but exciting?, the unknown can be frightening, but that's what makes you feel alive! I never feel more alive than when I'm working or visting in a foreign country. I feel like an ambassador!

England is so media ruled and pretentious, the riots was the last straw, the government propaganda machine of the BBC was too transparent afterwards. I'm a cynic., which is why I need to move away from the UK, this place makes me angry, bitter and ill. I'm fed up with being a good little tax payer, so I takes my chances elsewhere.

Worst thing in life is regret, I've never met anyone who regrets working over seas or travelling.

I wonder if Terry Waite wished he had taken that desk job in Canterbury.

How much can one expect to earn teaching the queens bristolian in asia then and what are the tax implications?

Where abouts in asia? it is a big place.

And will gcsc's only and 15 yrs in the financial services industry do it?

Depends mate on what level in the FSI. Yeah Asia is massive, I should say South East Asia. Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, or Phillipeans.

Dude, you may not get rich, but you might. For me its the standard of living. Earn in 1k per month in Asia and its like 3.5k in UK, although there is rapid rising inflation in Thailand and maybe the introduction of min wage...urrgh.

Why country's want to be westernised i dont know, I prefer them how they are.

With no GCSE's and with a TEFL cert you will guaranteed earn £700 a month at a lower grade 2ndry school, sounds like **** all, but you can eat like a king drink like a fish and shag a shit load of girls and still have change. :yes: the job is piece of piss too, it's all laid out for you, just turn up and speak a bit of English, job done.

I actually taught in primary schools in both Kuwait and Azerbaijan for a total of 9 years.

yes there is a lot of money to be made especially if you are single and have no dependents. You are with like minded souls (i.e for a bit of fun!!)

The work wasn't easy but it was easier than the UK.

You need to understand how a country works and not get p&&&ed off when it isn't like the UK. Certain things take a long time to get done.

If you go with an open mind you'll enjoy yourself.

Depends mate on what level in the FSI. Yeah Asia is massive, I should say South East Asia. Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, or Phillipeans.

Dude, you may not get rich, but you might. For me its the standard of living. Earn in 1k per month in Asia and its like 3.5k in UK, although there is rapid rising inflation in Thailand and maybe the introduction of min wage...urrgh.

Why country's want to be westernised i dont know, I prefer them how they are.

With no GCSE's and with a TEFL cert you will guaranteed earn £700 a month at a lower grade 2ndry school, sounds like **** all, but you can eat like a king drink like a fish and shag a shit load of girls and still have change. :yes: the job is piece of piss too, it's all laid out for you, just turn up and speak a bit of English, job done.

Nice one. Thanks for the info. Given me food for thought.

I too am peed right off with how this countrys going.

Hard working people seem to get no where unless theres a huge slice of luck involved or your educated by a top university. Yet theres kids growing up who havnt known either of their parents work yet manage to watch jeramy kyle on a 50 inch plasma.

I did a couple of years working week on week off in Paris (got to the point where I was ready to nuke CDG airport, ******* cheese smelling tramp ridden shithole).

Also worked in Athens for about 3 months and Prague for 6 and have done some projects in the Netherlands and NZ.

Enjoyed it all but anywhere except home gets boring after a little while, I travel a couple of times a year now for work and that'll do me.

I reckon anyone who gets the opportunity whilst they're young free and single ought to give it a go though, it's really useful experience.

And who wants to?

Excellent post. Our traitor Government take our hard earned wages in every way and at every opportunity they can think of - via taxation - to pay for their half wit schemes such as membership of the hopelessly corrupt and criminal led European Union project. Membership of the EU cost the taxpayers of this country £60 million per day. English people are not appreciated in their own country anymore and despised by their own Government - no wonder so many are leaving for sunnier climates where they're more appreciated.

Nice one. Thanks for the info. Given me food for thought.

I too am peed right off with how this countrys going.

Hard working people seem to get no where unless theres a huge slice of luck involved or your educated by a top university. Yet theres kids growing up who havnt known either of their parents work yet manage to watch jeramy kyle on a 50 inch plasma.

Luck is the residue of deign, Milton said that i think.

Anyways you make your own luck. Just do it. What is worse, regretting that you did something or regretting that you didn't?

Its not for everyone I know, but like others on here have said its great life experience.

Archived