IGNORED

Fans Re-United

ollywhyte

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

I'm sure we're all aware of the plight of Argyle.

They are in real danger of them going into liquidation. This would then mean our friends down the road would no longer exist as a team. The knock on effect throughout the football pyramid would be immense (although certain teams will feel immune from it). Their players have taken a 60% paycut to ensure the team can survive for another few weeks. We, the fans of the sport, need to show solidarity with their team.

We need to rally the troops and take as many as possible down there to get behind Argyle.

Wear your City shirts to show your true colours, but sit with Argyle fans to show your support for them!

Please, if you're registered on a different football forum, copy this into their forum. We need to show the country how corrupt Risdale is.

Saturday 24th September is Fans re-united day @ Home Park

This idea is already been publicised massively, and gaining pace all of the time! Brighton fans were the instigators and have arranged for hundreds of fans to make the trip already! This has the potential to be massive.

If you have nothing good to say about this event, or do not agree with it please just avoid the temptation to post negativity in this thread. And please avoid the word 'POP'. Thanks. :englandsmile4wf:

Will anything be learnt from all of this though? I mean, when they are saved, and back to normal, how many more clubs does it need to happen to before things are put into order.

How can it realistically be put in order when the single and most overwhelming cost issue is player wages? Bringing in salary caps will require not a UK or even Europe wide agreement but a worldwide one to prevent player flight. And even then teams will find a way around it.

Tampering with market forces simply does not work in any business so I do not see any long term solution.

Brighton fan here, but I'm based in Bristol. It would be great to see as many of you as possible at the fans reunited day on 24th September, or on the 8th October when we will possibly do another event. If any of you do organise travel then I'd be more than grateful if you could include me too :)

If you want to keep up with the latest news on our fight to save Plymouth, the threads are listed below from PASOTI (Plymouth) and NSC (Brighton. There has also been a website set up: fans reunited

PASOTI

NSC

If any of you can give any further help or support, in terms of media attention, publicity, organisation or otherwise, head over to NSC and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers

WTF you on about WE'RE HOME to Hull that day, why would any City fan even consider it?

I think a few will consider it, I do know what you mean. Theres also people like me who live in Plymouth, which obviously helps the situation. I know theres around 4 City fans already doing it. And maybe a couple others who are considering it. More the merrier.

I think a few will consider it, I do know what you mean. Theres also people like me who live in Plymouth, which obviously helps the situation. I know theres around 4 City fans already doing it. And maybe a couple others who are considering it. More the merrier.

Ok, sorry, that's a bit different. I thought you wanted 15k of us to travel down there!:innocent06:

How is it?

It's about protecting English football, Plymouth today, who next?

It wouldn't be asking too much for the bigger Premier League clubs to put some money aside for a new body to ensure English clubs do not fail, yeah it's a lot of crap to sort out, but English football is special and needs protecting.

Fans needs to make stance. It would not matter if it was Plymouth or Millwall, rich overseas owners must contribute more to the English grass roots, that's league football.

NO. F8ck them.

Never met a decent Argyle fan.

I live in Plymouth and can assure you the vast majority of their supporters are like ours - decent football loving supporters. There are, of course, a few idiots down here but that is the same as everywhere. I am old enough to remember the bad days of 1981 so have a little more sympathy than perhaps some of the younger generation. I have watched other clubs in similar positions and always felt that they would get bailed out in the end - I am really not sure this time. I respect their supporters who still go to watch them at home games and think their travelling support is one of the best in the country. I think they had over a 1000 at Shrewsbury and similar at Burton which I think is not a bad effort for a club who have had 2 successive relegations.

I shall be going and wearing my City shirt. I appreciate it is right on my door step but it would be nice if a few other teams supporters could make it. I shall cringe when I see all the Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea shirts there with people wearing them speaking with the local accent - the irony will be lost on them.

I live in Plymouth and can assure you the vast majority of their supporters are like ours - decent football loving supporters. There are, of course, a few idiots down here but that is the same as everywhere. I am old enough to remember the bad days of 1981 so have a little more sympathy than perhaps some of the younger generation. I have watched other clubs in similar positions and always felt that they would get bailed out in the end - I am really not sure this time. I respect their supporters who still go to watch them at home games and think their travelling support is one of the best in the country. I think they had over a 1000 at Shrewsbury and similar at Burton which I think is not a bad effort for a club who have had 2 successive relegations.

I shall be going and wearing my City shirt. I appreciate it is right on my door step but it would be nice if a few other teams supporters could make it. I shall cringe when I see all the Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea shirts there with people wearing them speaking with the local accent - the irony will be lost on them.

Spot on Plymred.

A couple of seasons ago, I was one of four City fans who were corporate guests at Home Park of a lifelong PAFC fan at a game v City. We sat together in the (old) grandstand (not wearing red) and we were not spotted until Plymouth scored from a penalty and we were (obviously) the only ones around us not celebrating.

Not a peep from the surrounding fans, no abuse, not even a few funny looks. At the end a couple of them shook our hands and said "fair result" (it was a 1-1 draw).

They deserve whatever support we can give them at this very difficult time.

Hi there, I'm a Brighton fan who used to live near Bristol and visited Ashton Gate a couple of times (including for a pub trade fair bizarrely). I still keep in contact with Rovers and City and know the @fansreunited twitter and facebook campaigns are moving forward. However, we are trying to let as many people know about the plight of Plymouth Argyle. I know some fans will not feel empathy to their plight and you are only a couple of counties away but this could happen to any club. At bhafc we know only too well and we still feel thankful for all those who helped us in the first Fans United day back in the late 90's - the idea coming from a 15 year old Plymouth fan.

On the 24th September we are fully aware of the full fixture list for that day, so if you are unable to attend Fans Reunited we ask you to wear green to your chosen match. This will give the media a lot to talk about and will hopefully increase the coverage given to this troubled club.

Lastly, spread the word. Facebook, Twitter (#fansreunited), other forums, local media and flyers are just a start of ways to spread the word of this campaign. One person won't make a difference, but many hundreds will. Let's work together for the good of football.

Everyone should be made aware of the problems at Plymouth and do their bit. This campaign isn't just about Plymouth, but it's about the way clubs are run. Too many clubs have gone into administration, some not by their own fault, others from over spending, but NONE should be liquidated.

fansreunited.co.uk

pasoti.co.uk

northstandchat.com

Archived