IGNORED

Guy Mowbray On Twitter

Kid in the Riot

don't want to go off-topic, but does anyone know if the club is getting a return on its investment in the Academy?

Not unless we sell some of them.

I read a figure of 500k a year to run it.

I think Cotterill going to Wigan was the last time we turned a profit for the year so it has not been that great, to date.

I think Cotterill going to Wigan was the last time we turned a profit for the year so it has not been that great, to date.

Personally I would of thought it would be more than that. I don't see the point of us having an academy, we get nothing through. We hear on here about certain players having the talent and a bright future, but end up playing conference football or sunday league football.

At one point Tristan Plummer was suppose to be the next big thing on the block, with Arsenal and Everton rumoured to be in for him before he signed his professional contract. He's playing sunday league football is he not?

Close the academy and invest the money elsewhere.

500k was the figure around 4/5 years ago when we were still using Clifton alot more and we were using temp facilities since St George was fully established, it's been costing around a 1/3 of that figure.

Need more to make a first team impact but there is no doubt that over the past few seasons academy talent was ignored which resulted in a number of players bring taken out of system by parents.

With Millen though that does seem to be changing and hopefully more will get games overtime

As I mentioned in earlier post, needs a shake up at the top and a decent coach over seeing it all, bring back Benny!!!!

Personally I would of thought it would be more than that. I don't see the point of us having an academy, we get nothing through. We hear on here about certain players having the talent and a bright future, but end up playing conference football or sunday league football.

At one point Tristan Plummer was suppose to be the next big thing on the block, with Arsenal and Everton rumoured to be in for him before he signed his professional contract. He's playing sunday league football is he not?

Close the academy and invest the money elsewhere.

Plummer plays for Portimonense in the Portuguese League

Archived