IGNORED

Brighton/ Martin Perry

marmite

/Nice to see a team come up and make their mark in this league. I know its early days but they remind me of when we came up and challenged at the top with enthusiasm and forward momentum. (Whatever happened to that !!) Good set up there now and best wishes to them this season, except for Saturday of course. Lets remember on Sat that their cheif excec. Martin Perry, stood up and spoke on our behalf on the stadium debate. I hope that gets recognised by our fans.

I am hoping David Lloyd will get Martin Perry out onto the pitch at half time Saturday so we can show our appreciation of what he did at the JS planning hearing at the Council House.

Also, I think we should now look at BHA as a sort of role model of what can be achieved at a club of a similar size to ourselves - with good management.

Of course, I hope we beat them on Saturday. After 13 out of a possible 15 points for them , it's time to wipe that smug grin off their faces !

Also, I think we should now look at BHA as a sort of role model of what can be achieved at a club of a similar size to ourselves - with good management.

Whilst it would be a nice gesture in principle I think it maybe a little embarrassing, the forum and some people following the Council meetings may know about what happened, but I suspect most fans are totally unaware and his walking onto the pitch hand held up with be met with a smattering of applause from a few people.

Whilst it would be a nice gesture in principle I think it maybe a little embarrassing, the forum and some people following the Council meetings may know about what happened, but I suspect most fans are totally unaware and his walking onto the pitch hand held up with be met with a smattering of applause from a few people.

Surely a short introduction would make people aware. I think you under estimate the fans knowledge of his efforts.

i think alot of you are forgetting something which needs to be made clear. Brighton beat us in the playoffs back in 2004 and it seems alot of city fans have forgotten the heartache and the pain of that defeat, which put us back years and brought more misery off league 1 football until we were promoted. Yeah i do appreciate martin perry and what he did in the council house...BUT living in Brighton (born and bred) over the years iv had soo much stick supporting city, so no matter what happens i will always hate Brighton as much as the Gas, i hope we do them over on saturday! and i sincerely hope they dont get promoted! Rant over

i think alot of you are forgetting something which needs to be made clear. Brighton beat us in the playoffs back in 2004 and it seems alot of city fans have forgotten the heartache and the pain of that defeat, which put us back years and brought more misery off league 1 football until we were promoted. Yeah i do appreciate martin perry and what he did in the council house...BUT living in Brighton (born and bred) over the years iv had soo much stick supporting city, so no matter what happens i will always hate Brighton as much as the Gas, i hope we do them over on saturday! and i sincerely hope they dont get promoted! Rant over

no none of us have forgotten that we got beaton by a better team due to poor tactics by Wilson and a poor tackle from danny coles,

I'm gutted I won't be there I wanted to give Mr Perry a huge cheer as thanks,

The guy didn't have to do it and if didn't have to spend the next 3 days e-mail back city supporters thanking us for our kind word and thanking us for wishing them luck for this season,

The guy is a pro and has helped us in our quest for the new ground he deserves a :clapping:

Martin Perry has been amazing for us - will he want to be involved having links with McAlpine Constructors? Or would that be seen as a no-no being on the board at Albion?

I'm a bit out of touch with Bristol news having moved away now, is the proposed site still creeping over the North Somerset boundary? The last I heard that was causing problems.

I still keep an eye out for both Bristol teams and want to wish you good luck for the rest of the season, other than Saturday and the return leg in January (you'll find the reception much more welcoming at the new stadium than awful Withdean, apparently we import beers for away fans and our locally made pies are awesome).

Sorry if this has come up in another topic, but I think if Martin Perry, Brighton's chief exec comes to the match tomorrow he should be greeted to a warm AG welcome. After the 14 year wait they had for their new stadium, it was very good of him to come down for the council meeting in March and speak in favour of BCFC.

I'm sure we can agree that this kind of support is rare to see between rival clubs and it was greatly appreciated!

Archived