IGNORED

Cardiff Fan Killed At England Game

Taunton_City

Best if we don't get carried away with what might have happened. A bloke nerby neither heard or saw fighting.

Ollie Ayton, who was at the match and close by when the incident happened, said he had heard the man fall to the ground.

"I did not see him fall as I was facing the other way but I turned immediately to see him unconscious.

"There did not appear to be any fight before; I cannot confirm this as I did not see it, but there was no excess noise or shouting that signalled a fight.

BBC Sports News.

It is very disrespectful for us to discuss reasons or like on this forum. Bottom line is that a wife and two kids would have at some time yesterday waved off a husband and father not giving it a moments thought that it would be the last time they would see him alive?

A very tragic waste of life.

All of our sympathies and condolences must go to his wife, children, family and friends.

RIP - A fellow football supporter

Happy days. I was there and right ***** they were, just looking for it, some always are.

I remember the mouthy big guy started on little ol' me, so I stuck him on my shoulders and ran round the town square with him. Much to the amusement of the locals and

our mob, he lost face and wasn't impressed though.

Their little crew got sent packing soon after.

Ah, St-Jean-De-Luz, what a crack!

• Admin

I was with a group of fans at the England game on Tuesday, and were walking past entrance "C" not long after the ambulance crews got to this guy.

It was obvious walking up to the ground that there was something wrong as there was a helicopter hovering above the stadium which is very unusual.

As we went past the guy the ambulance crew were using a defibrillator on him, which is never a good sign if they are trying to do this at the scene rather than in the back of an ambulance..

The Sun's version

BBC news version

Either way you look at it, it is sad that someone has lost their life so young

Chaps, I think your respect shown is commendable. I don't have any influence whatsoever but I'm going to mention it on the CCFC messageboard later.

Am happy to have Bristol City as rivals, but it's good that football supporters show mutual respect at times like this.

One big football family at the end of the day mate

I know the lad personally, Mikey and his partner, her friend and about four other lads, would come over to Bristol to drink with a very good friend of mine. He would ring me to tell me Mikey was coming over, and on numerous occasions, we would have a drink and a laugh around the waterfront, with a couple of other City fans. A very likeable lad, and my condolenses to his family and friends.

R.I.P Mikey.

Archived