IGNORED

Dropping Like A Rock

Mr Gow

Been on the decline for 3 years now, no excitment, no attacking football, no hope, no real investment, no decent players want to sign, no crappy player wants to leave, no money to spend, no goals scored at home, no good feel factor, no confidence in the manager.

Losing more fans by the week.

The only thing on the increase is our debt

Most City fans would be over the moon with 4th from bottom finish

Whos fault?????????? May i suggest the man at the very top and his merry men on the board, its here the clubs decsions are made, not in the dressing room.

Now go reach for your rose tinted glasses happy clappers,over to you

ps Millen is not cut out for his position i hear some say, i say "who appointed him?"

Been on the decline for 3 years now, no excitment, no attacking football, no hope, no real investment, no decent players want to sign, no crappy player wants to leave, no money to spend, no goals scored at home, no good feel factor, no confidence in the manager.

Losing more fans by the week.

The only thing on the increase is our debt

Most City fans would be over the moon with 4th from bottom finish

Whos fault?????????? May i suggest the man at the very top and his merry men on the board, its here the clubs decsions are made, not in the dressing room.

Now go reach for your rose tinted glasses happy clappers,over to you

ps Millen is not cut out for his position i hear some say, i say "who appointed him?"

Absolutely correct Mr Gow. Millen was an awful appointment by a chairman in meltdown mode. Marry in haste, repent at leisure.....

Most of the blame has to go to Lansdown.

Not sacking GJ early enough, and still allowing him to sign players even though we were in the decline with him.

Appointing Steve Coppell, ok that was a bit harsh. I did not want him, I questioned from the start if he would be up for the job and stick with it, a man who wanted to start the job in a few months later shows to me he's not fully commited to the job.

Appointing KM seemed like an knee jerk reaction, the wrong one in my view and many others will agree.

Second part of the blame has to go to the squad itself

Sorry many blame KM, but you cannot polish a turd. Elliot has only had 1 good season, Skuse is pure bag of dog muck, Manynard wants to go etc. Overall the squad is past it's cell by date and needs to be rebuilt.

Third part of the blame for Millen.

Question his signings, tactics and decision to which players start a match. Need a new manager in who can bring in his own coaching staff and to rebuild this squad.

Have we gone backwards this season? No not at all, the problem is all the other teams have moved on and have made some very good signings. We got bugger all.

Will we get relegated? I think we will now, I can't see us getting a turning point.

Im not negative, Im not positive, I call it how I see it and I dont blow smoke up the teams ass. Give credit where it's due and give a roll licking when need be!

Most of the blame has to go to Lansdown.

Not sacking GJ early enough, and still allowing him to sign players even though we were in the decline with him.

Appointing Steve Coppell, ok that was a bit harsh. I did not want him, I questioned from the start if he would be up for the job and stick with it, a man who wanted to start the job in a few months later shows to me he's not fully commited to the job.

Appointing KM seemed like an knee jerk reaction, the wrong one in my view and many others will agree.

Second part of the blame has to go to the squad itself

Sorry many blame KM, but you cannot polish a turd. Elliot has only had 1 good season, Skuse is pure bag of dog muck, Manynard wants to go etc. Overall the squad is past it's cell by date and needs to be rebuilt.

Third part of the blame for Millen.

Question his signings, tactics and decision to which players start a match. Need a new manager in who can bring in his own coaching staff and to rebuild this squad.

Have we gone backwards this season? No not at all, the problem is all the other teams have moved on and have made some very good signings. We got bugger all.

Will we get relegated? I think we will now, I can't see us getting a turning point.

Im not negative, Im not positive, I call it how I see it and I dont blow smoke up the teams ass. Give credit where it's due and give a roll licking when need be!

Lansdown does not deserve the blame, that is ridiculous.

I don't agree we've been on the decline for three years.

Our playoff final year was a massive overachievement so I would suggest that setting that level as the benchmark is a very false reality.

Finishing mid table the year after represented a good effort and, the season Johnson ultimately left, we were indisciplined late goals from playoff contention.

We underachieved last year as a whole, although our finishing position was borderline acceptable for a manager in his first season.

Unfortunately we haven't built on that and are in real danger as we are. The fact we were three unbeaten before today was largely lost on me such was the manner of those performances - albeit Leicester was an excellent win.

My concern is that I simply don't see Millen as influencing proceedings anywhere near the extent he should be. It is an increasing concern, perhaps an increasing reality, that he is largely a passenger along for the journey. We'll win some games and we'll lose some games, from my current view point that is hugely dependent on individual player performance and only slightly influenced by anything Millen may or may not do.

My only argument with the OP would be over the three year decline...it's not been three years. Three years ago I was at Cardiff to see us draw a really entertaining match. We were 4th. We had a great season ahead of us...even 2 years ago we saw a cracking goal from Nicky earn a point at Coventry - where we were excellent.

The decline set in over the last couple of months of GJs time. But he'd earned a chance to pull it around in my opinion...

Three years ago we had a proper manager of proven ability. A winner.

Today we have nothing of the sort.

Only one man to blame. Steve Lansdown has run this club for a decade. Pulls all the strings. Appoints the Board. Appointed Coppell and hastily appointed Millen. Has managed our finances all that time - and must have agreed all the signings in a clearly bloated squad. No escape for him I'm afraid...and I'm sure he knows it.

In your own opinion why not? And where would you put most of the blame?

I blame the players and management.

The players aren't showing the pride they should for the most part. I don't know the reasons behind that as an outsider but it could be one of many. The Coppell appointment was a no brainer too. He has a proven pedigree, and it's easy to judge in hindsight. I was certainly looking forward to things under him, which obviously quickly went belly up!

Millen has been at this club for 12 years. Lansdown obviously knows him well and felt that he could be a good manager. If he was wrong, then what can you do? But SL alone makes no appointments!

And then Millen himself. He should have cleared out the coaching staff and started again. I don't think anybody believes (all sentiment aside) that Alan Walsh, John Clayton and Stuart Naylor are some of the best in the country in their respective capacities. Then, he doesn't have a clue how to handle the media, contradicts himself over and over again. No tactical nous at all! But has an eye for a player, and I can't seem to bring myself to want him out. Yet.

I blame the players and management.

The players aren't showing the pride they should for the most part. I don't know the reasons behind that as an outsider but it could be one of many. The Coppell appointment was a no brainer too. He has a proven pedigree, and it's easy to judge in hindsight. I was certainly looking forward to things under him, which obviously quickly went belly up!

Millen has been at this club for 12 years. Lansdown obviously knows him well and felt that he could be a good manager. If he was wrong, then what can you do? But SL alone makes no appointments!

And then Millen himself. He should have cleared out the coaching staff and started again. I don't think anybody believes (all sentiment aside) that Alan Walsh, John Clayton and Stuart Naylor are some of the best in the country in their respective capacities. Then, he doesn't have a clue how to handle the media, contradicts himself over and over again. No tactical nous at all! But has an eye for a player, and I can't seem to bring myself to want him out. Yet.

First of all players seem not to show any pride,your right. But as I have said this is a terrible unbalanced squad and at the end of the day it is a league one side. I could easily scrap away 20+ players, and most of them would be those who play in the first team. I understand it's harsh to criticize the decision to appoint SC. But I was against it from the start, you have to question the commitment from SC for wanting to start after the season finished rather than straight away and learn.

If Lansdown knows KM well and thought himself he could be a good manager. Then SL signed KM as manager initially on his behalf, then SL has to take the blame for that.

It can be quite hard for someone such as KM to clear out the coaching staff, as he has previously worked with them under the likes of Wilson, Tinnion, Johnson and for a brief while Coppell.

I think KM has had his chance to show if he can manage this club, but unfortunately he cannot. It's over to the SL and the board to take the next step to decide the future of this club.

Our play off final season was not an over achievment

We played that season on the back of promotion, confidence, and a togetherness. We always believed.

Swansea and Norwich have gotten promotion twice over, and it looks like Brighton and the saints may well do it also.

After our play off season, that was the time to invest,that was the most perfect time to have built on because we were the closest to the prem than we had been in 30 years.

Instead big investment in squad was not forth coming,yes Maynard was 2.2 million, but one big time signing dosent build a team.

At that time we still needed at least one decent centre half, we needed to replace Mcindoe and we needed a big signing at left back, plus at least one creative midfielder.

As i see it, investing in players in only dribs and draps is a recipe for financial diesater, we needed a larger purse for signings all over the park.

T he staduim fiasco hasnt helped this club, neither the coppel saga,and more recently the events concerning Maynard.

Lets just try and ride this through this season and try and stay up (as i thought we done last season)

And hope that the board have a total clear out

First of all players seem not to show any pride,your right. But as I have said this is a terrible unbalanced squad and at the end of the day it is a league one side. I could easily scrap away 20+ players, and most of them would be those who play in the first team. I understand it's harsh to criticize the decision to appoint SC. But I was against it from the start, you have to question the commitment from SC for wanting to start after the season finished rather than straight away and learn.

If Lansdown knows KM well and thought himself he could be a good manager. Then SL signed KM as manager initially on his behalf, then SL has to take the blame for that.

It can be quite hard for someone such as KM to clear out the coaching staff, as he has previously worked with them under the likes of Wilson, Tinnion, Johnson and for a brief while Coppell.

I think KM has had his chance to show if he can manage this club, but unfortunately he cannot. It's over to the SL and the board to take the next step to decide the future of this club.

But Millen has to man up and get rid! Lansdown and the board cannot make those decisions for him!

And Lansdown had Millen earmarked for a while. If he was wrong, I'm sure he'll hold his hands up, but he didn't make that decision alone. He's the majority shareholder, not an omnipotent force!

It is an unbalanced side, and the last three managers are to blame for that.

I don't think it's ever one person's fault. Everybody from the top down is to blame for the mess that we appear to be in. Lansdown deserves his portion, but not everyone's! And I would say he's done more good than anyone for this club over the past 10 years.

But Millen has to man up and get rid! Lansdown and the board cannot make those decisions for him!

And Lansdown had Millen earmarked for a while. If he was wrong, I'm sure he'll hold his hands up, but he didn't make that decision alone. He's the majority shareholder, not an omnipotent force!

It is an unbalanced side, and the last three managers are to blame for that.

I don't think it's ever one person's fault. Everybody from the top down is to blame for the mess that we appear to be in. Lansdown deserves his portion, but not everyone's! And I would say he's done more good than anyone for this club over the past 10 years.

How can we get rid of players? No one wants to buy a sack of rotten spuds as we got. We cannot afford also to pay out contracts. Even loaning out our players seems a difficult task.

I have not laid the blame on just one person, I've dished it out to a few. But in my view and many others on here SL has to take most of the blame. At the end of the day he was chairman/ is majority shareholder, and gets the main say if he wants a manager signed or gone.

How can we get rid of players? No one wants to buy a sack of rotten spuds as we got. We cannot afford also to pay out contracts. Even loaning out our players seems a difficult task.

I have not laid the blame on just one person, I've dished it out to a few. But in my view and many others on here SL has to take most of the blame. At the end of the day he was chairman/ is majority shareholder, and gets the main say if he wants a manager signed or gone.

I meant rid of the coaching staff.

How can SL take 'most' of the blame? He hasn't spent a minute of game time on the pitch. Nor spent a minute coaching. Nor has he ever picked a team.

And who's money paid off GJ? Or the transfer fees for the players the managers squandered money? Who identified the players that we can't get rid of/a return on our money for?

He may have a made a few mistakes, but it's silly to make him a scapegoat above others! It's a collective effort.

I meant rid of the coaching staff.

How can SL take 'most' of the blame? He hasn't spent a minute of game time on the pitch. Nor spent a minute coaching. Nor has he ever picked a team.

And who's money paid off GJ? Or the transfer fees for the players the managers squandered money? Who identified the players that we can't get rid of/a return on our money for?

He may have a made a few mistakes, but it's silly to make him a scapegoat above others! It's a collective effort.

I don't think anyone is looking for a scapegoat. It's simply a fact that Steve Lansdown has been running the club for a decade. And unless Keith Dawe says things behind the scenes that have never been heard publicly he's been running the club unchecked. He's appointed - or agreed the appointment of - everyone of significance in the current set up. For good or ill - and there's been a lot of good for which he has been rightly and publicly applauded - the buck stops with him.

I don't think anyone is looking for a scapegoat. It's simply a fact that Steve Lansdown has been running the club for a decade. And unless Keith Dawe says things behind the scenes that have never been heard publicly he's been running the club unchecked. He's appointed - or agreed the appointment of - everyone of significance in the current set up. For good or ill - and there's been a lot of good for which he has been rightly and publicly applauded - the buck stops with him.

You genuinely believe that?

Of course he has agreed the appointments; at the very least. As I've said, he deserves his proportion of the blame.

I completely disagree that the buck stops with him though. The management and playing staff are to blame for performances, not the board. If the board weren't supporting the playing side, I'd agree. But they have been.

The club is lacking leadership on and off the pitch. When has CS made a passionate speech about football? Who is inspired by Millens approach to the game? Who shows leadership on the pitch? Answers on a postcard please. I've never felt so flat before a game as I do now and I've been watching over 50 years.

My only argument with the OP would be over the three year decline...it's not been three years. Three years ago I was at Cardiff to see us draw a really entertaining match. We were 4th. We had a great season ahead of us...even 2 years ago we saw a cracking goal from Nicky earn a point at Coventry - where we were excellent.

The decline set in over the last couple of months of GJs time. But he'd earned a chance to pull it around in my opinion...

Three years ago we had a proper manager of proven ability. A winner.

Today we have nothing of the sort.

Only one man to blame. Steve Lansdown has run this club for a decade. Pulls all the strings. Appoints the Board. Appointed Coppell and hastily appointed Millen. Has managed our finances all that time - and must have agreed all the signings in a clearly bloated squad. No escape for him I'm afraid...and I'm sure he knows it.

Yes agree with a lot of this- fropm what I saw of Johnson's final year it didn't seem disastrous (Middlesborough at home was a good match, Coventry away amongst others)- only the last few months as you say, though only placing the blame on Lansdown is a tad harsh after all he gave the managers money, he didn't make the squad unbalanced.

The club is lacking leadership on and off the pitch. When has CS made a passionate speech about football? Who is inspired by Millens approach to the game? Who shows leadership on the pitch? Answers on a postcard please. I've never felt so flat before a game as I do now and I've been watching over 50 years.

Same here although ive only served 25 years of my sentence. No enthusiasm for it at the mo. Got a st but really cant be arsed to go to the next game after today.

Of course he has agreed the appointments; at the very least. As I've said, he deserves his proportion of the blame.

I completely disagree that the buck stops with him though. The management and playing staff are to blame for performances, not the board. If the board weren't supporting the playing side, I'd agree. But they have been.

I do believe that. I've chatted at length with the man more than once in his time as Chairman. I was left in no doubt that he believed it was his club, to be run his way, by his people. I understand why that's how he wants to run it - it's being run with his money - but just look at the make up of the new Board - how many of the people on it are not connected to Steve Lansdown? Lansdown claimed to have chosen each of Tinnion, Johnson, Coppell and Millen.

If you're the boss and the people you hire do a poor job I'm afraid you've failed to do yours. Goodness knows Lansdown has milked the applause more than once for the success he's brought to the club...

...given that the last 18 months have been poor he's done pretty well, I'd suggest, to retain the loyalty of fans like you. But you are, I acknowledge, in a majority.

What decline?

When Lansdown took over as chairman the club was in a lower division, with a lower profile and lower income than it is now. Despite various ideas there were no concrete plans for a new stadium and certainly nothing as close as what is in place now (I know there was planning permission in place to redevelop the Williams stand but that was never a cost-effective idea.)

Sure it's only been a couple of good seasons out of nearly 10 years and the last couple have seen a definite slide, but until we're relegated and the stadium project is cancelled it is still a net gain, and neither of those things is definitely happening.

no decent players want to sign, no crappy player wants to leave,

:w00t: There lies the problem. Every club that eventually goes on to do well can attract the best players and management at their level of football. For the last few years this club has probably been seen by the wider football community as not being a progressive club but a club that's stuck in a rut.

The buck has to stop somewhere, you can't keep passing it around.

I don't like the guy and I'm not convinced it was ever an option, but part of me wishes we had brought in Neil Warnock.

I wished for the same but when he went and got QPR promoted he was no longer an option for us. I just think that after a few months of people moaning about his appointment Neil Warnock would have become a legend here.

Archived