IGNORED

Lighten The Mood

Esmond Million's Bung

I was chatting to a mate earlier this week and we were reminiscing about our first ever away game (that's the first solo away game without our dad's).

April 1966 away to Southampton. City had been promoted from the old 3rd division and really going well in the 2nd division, with an outside chance of promotion to the 1st division. A great game 2-2 with Southampton scoring an extremely late and controversial equaliser.

Our main memory was meeting for the first time a very infamous BCFC fan with whom we became very friendly with and with whom we went to BCFC games with many times over the years and got into many scrapes with. The BCFC fans were in the Milton Road End and there were gangways that white coated stewards struggled to keep clear during the game. At half time somebody started talking to one of the stewards and our new mate crept up behind him and wrote the letters C I T Y in tomato sauce from tomato shaped dispenser on the stewards white coated back. My mates and I and a couple hundred BCFC fans just fell about in fits of laughter.

My first away game (apart from the sags) was Bolton away at the old burdern park, what a crap hole that was!

Think the score was 1 1, and it was in our old first div days, back then City and Bolton were about equal in football ability and Citys crowds were higher than Boltons.

Yet another club who have left us way way behind

My first away game (apart from the sags) was Bolton away at the old burdern park, what a crap hole that was!

Think the score was 1 1, and it was in our old first div days, back then City and Bolton were about equal in football ability and Citys crowds were higher than Boltons.

Yet another club who have left us way way behind

Yep I can remember when Blackburn crowds went down to 3,500 odd before Uncle Jack took over.

Clubs that have left us behind since our first div days

Wigan

Blackburn

Stoke

WBA

Fullham

Swansea

Wolves

QPR

Norwich

Sunderland

Other teams worth a mention

Cardiff

Brighton

Hull

Blackpool

Baggies, Sunderland and QPR were always traditionally better than us though. Not sure Blackpool have left us behind - they'll find their own level over the next 24 months. Gotta say Norwich are a very well run Club

Archived