IGNORED

Give James A Go?

SnozRobin

With the boards reluctance to spend any more money this year, crowds falling by the week and a complete lack of passion about the place, is it time to give David James a first go at management?

He has passion, will instill belief in the team and has many contacts in the game - all the qualities that sadly Keith does not have.

Something must be done - there is no atmosphere on the terraces and seemingly nobody really cares any more. The board may be entirely focused on the new stadium, but the fans are even starting to lose interest in that tedious, long-running saga - I know it's important to long term success, but so is sustained championship football.

The only reason the board would shy away from such an appointment is that they are happy to have a yes man at the helm to soak up all the criticism....

With the boards reluctance to spend any more money this year, crowds falling by the week and a complete lack of passion about the place, is it time to give David James a first go at management?

He has passion, will instill belief in the team and has many contacts in the game - all the qualities that sadly Keith does not have.

Something must be done - there is no atmosphere on the terraces and seemingly nobody really cares any more. The board may be entirely focused on the new stadium, but the fans are even starting to lose interest in that tedious, long-running saga - I know it's important to long term success, but so is sustained championship football.

The only reason the board would shy away from such an appointment is that they are happy to have a yes man at the helm to soak up all the criticism....

Ridiculous idea.

I really don't think now is the time to take a risk on another novice. I think we need an older experienced manager, a bit in the old school mood.

I know he's gone off the radar in recent years, but someone like Mark McGhee wouldn't be a bad choice. Someone also mentioned Mark Robbins yesterday, he seemed to do well at Barnsley. However, Dave Jones and Billy Davies are obvious choices. And no, I don't care about Billy's personality, I want him to sort the club out, not be my mate.

I really don't think now is the time to take a risk on another novice. I think we need an older experienced manager, a bit in the old school mood.

I know he's gone off the radar in recent years, but someone like Mark McGhee wouldn't be a bad choice. Someone also mentioned Mark Robbins yesterday, he seemed to do well at Barnsley. However, Dave Jones and Billy Davies are obvious choices. And no, I don't care about Billy's personality, I want him to sort the club out, not be my mate.

Someone with a sheepskin coat?

We need experience, not a rookie. I'm sure Jamo would make a good manager at some point but we need help NOW!

Alan Curbishley?

Martin O'Neill?

Much as i respect david jamess intelligence and many of his opinions . Ive seen little evidence of him inspiring the team or defence for that matter. He is an unusual character who im not certain is suited to football management .

Yeah I would not say James is passionate in the typical sense, intelligent yes, very dry humoured and a bit of a piss taker, got all the qualities a manager needs.

Can't imagine many people getting the better of him.

Burley, Mcghee, Davies or Jones.Anyone of those four could do a decent enough job. Keith doesn't have the charisma or the ability to translate to the players on the training pitch his views, added tot that he doesn't have the name to attract the better players to the club. Nice bloke by all accounts but he's a coach not a manager.

Archived