IGNORED

Decline In Gates

old_eastender

Seems fans are voting with their feet now and after Saturday's uninspiring game I'm joining 'em until Millen goes!

Average attendances for last 2 seasons have been 14,600, now we are averaging just 13,100 and that's with some large away turnouts too. Just goes to show the sad decline of this club under clueless Millen and his cr@p 4-5-1 formation at home.

I've said it before, but can't understand why the club don't come to an arrangement with first. Match ticket = discounted travel.

The footballs too expensive at all levels, and the Gate is a pain in the arse to travel to and especially get away from.

That should have been a priority in selling the new stadium to the council and AV residents as well. There should have been a big drop off point for multiple coaches in the plans, coaches running every 15 minutes to and from the stadium 2 hours either side, show your season ticket or matchday ticket and you travel free.

Cue abuse but surely that's always wrong. Players lack confidence (put the blame for that on Millen if you wish) so coming out and seeing more empty seats than people will never help. Especially if the away side come out and see packed away support. We're not 6 years old spiting each other. Geez if you want championship footy next year, don't not come. Immature and childish IMO. We're all shelling out, we're all in this together. The rats are first off a sinking ship.

Cue abuse but surely that's always wrong. Players lack confidence (put the blame for that on Millen if you wish) so coming out and seeing more empty seats than people will never help. Especially if the away side come out and see packed away support. We're not 6 years old spiting each other. Geez if you want championship footy next year, don't not come. Immature and childish IMO. We're all shelling out, we're all in this together. The rats are first off a sinking ship.

I think I am old enough to decide the how where and what I spend my money on. This may be pretty astonishing to take in for you but Bristol City football club are not my priority in life, I don't wish to contribute towards Nicky Hunts and the other half a dozen hangers on wages for doing naff all, I can spend the 6 hours on a Saturday enjoying myself elsewhere rather than watching Keiths exciting brand of football.

Personally I estimate I have watched upwards of a thousand games since the late 70's so I don't care what you may think of me or my support for the club right now, I've been there and done it just like you are now, wondering why vast numbers of people don't go anymore. The truth is, I'm bored of the football, I detest the way football has gone, and feel I have the tiniest connection with the club. I'm not asking them or you to give a shit about me, I'm sure they want a full house but they certainly wont be getting one while the football on offer is utter crap. Hopefully it really hit home at board level just how ##### off fans are when virtually nobody even took the £5 offer. If they don't get it now they never will, you can offer free tickets to me next week, I wont be going back.

Perhaps you have the time, stomach and patience to sit through it, I guarantee that there will come a time when you wont, I have seen an astonishing post by Ashton Kate in the last few days how after 50 years she's about had enough, when people who have supported that long and go to as many games as she has and are on the brink, maybe there is something severley wrong at the club at this moment.

So you will have to excuse me while I take my well earned break from watching at this moment I see it as a mid career break from AG, hoping that after a year off Keith's brand of football will be talked about locally and nationally so I can be bothered to make the 40 mile journey again.

Archived