IGNORED

Why Bother

terjon

Man, the funniest bunch of posts I have read for ages. I'll have a pint of what ever terjon is on.... Just the one though...

The answer to why bother is - becuase we are city till we die. If we stop going then there is no club that's why we bother, through thick and thin!

You Redz.

I have not been to watch CITY since Millen was given the job,

Me and the wife had season tickets for years,

Lansdown is a good man and a brilliant finacial advisor, but he could not pick a good manager if he tried.

Dear Steve

Whats the point in buying the best 2 goal scorers outside the prem and then having a midfield that do not create **** all,

We have a defence that should be playing up the downs,

We have needed 2 quality Full backs for the past 2 seasons at least and a dominant central defender and 2 good central midfield players who can play a bit, Elliot is headless,

We have needed a good left sided player for 3 seasons.

Karen Millen has been here throughout all this and sees nothing,

We also want to build a 30,000 seater, whats the point with a poor team to watch.

Steve why not employ someone who actually knows a bit about the game, or a manager who is hungry and determined.

Why anyone bothers to go why Karen is in charge is beyond, bloody cluless.:surrender:

OK Gary, leave it now....its over.

BCAGFC

I love how the bloke claims he's been a City season ticket holder for years prior the appointment of Keith, yet claims he managed clubs "at a decent level" for 15 years. Lets get one thing straight you little porky teller, any football at a good level is played at 3pm on a Saturday . . . . so what were you doing? Managing your team or watching Bristol City every week?

You're gonna be telling us that you're a real boy in a minute.

Maybe that was 6 years ago, dim wit

I would imagine that Keith Millen knows more about football than everyone of us on here. Having played professionally for 20 years making 500+ appearances and being involved with coaching/management for another 7 and being a UEFA qualified coach I hardly think you can describe him as being someone who knows nothing about the game. I disagree with you saying he does not have hunger or determination.

What you can say is that Keith is a rookie full time manager and he is working within his means. We have only played a few games this season and he has got some games right and some wrong. If he gets us to mid-table this season then he has done a good job.

It is far too early to talk about relegation, sacking managers, writing to the chairman.

Take a look at the league table and you will see that this bloke who knows nothing about football has us on equal points and goal difference as a recent England manager.

Let's give him time, it may not be an easy ride but please give him time.

To be honest all this you say is great, but remember some of the best players in the world make terrible managers, dont be fooled in believing just because someone is an ex pro in knows how to manage a team or get the best out of people, worked and played with quite a few,

Maybe Paul Gascoine should be a good manager or Bobby Charlton,

Its about managing people and handling situations, Coaching and Managing to different things,

Can I just clarify.......

A manager losing just 1 game in 9, winning 5 and getting 18 points from those 9 games - That is what put you off to such an extent that you vow never to go again whilst he is charge??!! WTF!!

No, it was the style that put me off, I had a season ticket so watch the rest of that season.

For someone with such in depth knowledge of the game and who has managed and played a very good level, you seem to have exceptionally high expectations! If this was enough to stop you coming to watch, then I fear that NOBODY will sufice to meet your managerial requirements and be given the appointment, if KM is, at whatever point, replaced! :doh:

Maybe you consider Keef a good manager, I dont, like I said nice bloke, not a manager and not one that can attract players to this club, and that my friend is what its all about,

Ok,

Just to clarify,

Keef is not the man for the Job,

This team needs a leader on and off the pitch,

I will not spend £1,000 a year in the executive seats to watch this drival,

Being an ex pro does not make you a good manager,

A lot of fans watch games all over the world, they dont need to be an ex pro to spot a bad player,

Its like watching the bloody X factor, you dont need to be a singer to hear who can't ******* sing.

If your happy to pay good money to watch then fair play to you, i would like to see CITY get a real manager in, someone who could bring us forward,

Football is a confidence game and we need a guy that can instill belief and effort into this team,

Formations are not the problem application of the players is what is required, KEEF can shuffle as much has he likes, He aint got what it takes,

If your happy to pay good money to watch then fair play to you, i would like to see CITY get a real manager in, someone who could bring us forward, Football is a confidence game and we need a guy that can instill belief and effort into this team,

Formations are not the problem application of the players is what is required, KEEF can shuffle as much has he likes, He aint got what it takes,

Can you give us a realistic alternative ?

Terjons back! I thought you left when coppell left? I see in the space of a season you still talk nonsense but with a touch of realistic point! Maybe 1%!

I think if you got your facts right and maybe put your point across 1000x better this thread might of gone a little better for you!

It's not really our job to put names forward, and not being able to name the ideal available replacement off hand wouldn't be a reason for keeping KM if he was seen to be failing.

What we do know is we were told City received "dozens of quality applications" last time the job was advertised and there's no reason to think next time would be any different.

Whilst not in anyway agreeing with Terjy, There are plenty.

Mark Robins (Has links to city if only a small one)

Paul Tisdale (Done a worldy job down at Exeter and has earned a chance in the Championship, also links to City)

If you're looking at making a statement of intent and attracting a big name then there are the likes of Alan Curbishley (I wouldn't want him tbh), Gianfranco Zola? David O'leary? A flash from the past and go for George Graham?

Plenty of managers doing good jobs in the lower leagues that could do a job and have learnt the game already...

My personal choice would be Tisdale.

It's not really our job to put names forward, and not being able to name the ideal available replacement off hand wouldn't be a reason for keeping KM if he was seen to be failing.

What we do know is we were told City received "dozens of quality applications" last time the job was advertised and there's no reason to think next time would be any different.

.....and look what happened when we appointed arguably the best candidate out of those "dozens of quality applications".

The point is, nothing guarantees success and decisions should not be taken lightly i.e. until we are sure that KM is not the man for the job. At present he has proven to be ok, nothing more, nothing less. Any change to that could spell disaster and until such point as we look certain to be no better off under KM (which I don't think is the case. Not yet anyway!) then a mid season change of manager is HUGE gamble. Ask Rovers!

I think we have a poor team and a poor manager.

The thing that makes you clueless, is that you guessed, for no apparent reason, that Millen would'nt be a very manager - like I said before - he could have turned out to be very good for all you know.

I agree, he is not cut out - not a this level - but I have been to games and seen how poor we are and witnessed first hand how tatically inept he is.

But I think it was the correct decision to give him a chance - at the time he deserved it.

These Armchair critics are great entertainment on this forum!

Things are poor at mo and the gate has no sparkle or home advantage at this present time.

Keith has done a decent job but id say its time for him to move on. Things have been worse though, bottom of the 3rd division a few years back springs to mind. Yes things need to change but its early doors and we are a championship club.

As a city supporter for 25 years I think ive watched the club in that 3rd div for 19 years of them

These Armchair critics are great entertainment on this forum!

Things are poor at mo and the gate has no sparkle or home advantage at this present time.

Keith has done a decent job but id say its time for him to move on. Things have been worse though, bottom of the 3rd division a few years back springs to mind. Yes things need to change but its early doors and we are a championship club.

As a city supporter for 25 years I think ive watched the club in that 3rd div for 19 years of them

Much like GJ, i think he is destined for the league 2 management criteria. He can definitely be a successful manager though just not at our level and probably not with City.

.....and look what happened when we appointed arguably the best candidate out of those "dozens of quality applications".

The point is, nothing guarantees success and decisions should not be taken lightly i.e. until we are sure that KM is not the man for the job. At present he has proven to be ok, nothing more, nothing less. Any change to that could spell disaster and until such point as we look certain to be no better off under KM (which I don't think is the case. Not yet anyway!) then a mid season change of manager is HUGE gamble. Ask Rovers!

I didn't realise Coppell was one of the applicants? dunno.gif

Umm , I'm not asking you to put forward suggestions to the board or anything , terjon said he would like to see a quality manager come in and I'm just asking for a suggestion. it's easy look I'll start. How about Gordon Strachan ?? Out of work , decent(ish) record , made a few mistakes at Boro so might want another crack at this league.

Off home from work now so I'll check back in an hour or so

I didn't realise Coppell was one of the applicants? dunno.gif

You are aware that he got the job however?!

Whether he applied, or was approached by SL, the point is that he was deemed the best man for the job and there were not too many City fans that argued at the time.

Quality applicants could no more assure us of a good run of results than KM can.

Whether he applied, or was approached by SL, the point is that he was deemed the best man for the job and there were not too many City fans that argued at the time.

Quality applicants could no more assure us of a good run of results than KM can.

We were all happy when Coppell was appointed....ah those were the days..

Board wont get rid of KM so soon I gauntntee you that now. I mean c'mon on, give him 10-15 games at least? Otherwise it would show the board in a bad way for future Managers, I mean, who wants to come to a club where they give the gaffer 6 games then cower to a few mouthy fans who feel aggrieved they are not at the Nou camp?

harsh, even by our high and demanding standards.

He didn't apply as you well know, so the "dozens of quality applicants" were overlooked.

There was always an element of gamble about Coppell due to his previous behaviour and many fans immediately pointed this out.

SL obviously thought it was a tremendous coup to get him, as indeed it seemed to be, but the fans' delight was on the assumption that Coppell had showed real hunger for the job when approached. Everything about Coppell's demeanour afterwards (I spoke to him myself) makes this seem highly unlikely.

Were there other excellent applicants who were rebuffed in the excitement of the possibility of getting Coppell?

Almost certainly, and no doubt experienced Championship managers with a past record of success at this level too.

No guarantees with any of them of course, but to appoint a rookie immediately after Coppell was still an extraordinary decision to many with a high risk of failure.

Umm , I'm not asking you to put forward suggestions to the board or anything , terjon said he would like to see a quality manager come in and I'm just asking for a suggestion. it's easy look I'll start. How about Gordon Strachan ?? Out of work , decent(ish) record , made a few mistakes at Boro so might want another crack at this league.

Off home from work now so I'll check back in an hour or so

As longs as it's not Boothroyd or Davies, I don't care.

As longs as it's not Boothroyd or Davies, I don't care.

What a hilarious thread!

It really sums up most threads on OTIB.

We have a poor team, managed by someone with no proven track record, and are in a relegation position: not good.

Some poor sod posts, saying the basic truth, and is set upon by dozens of other posters.

Forums are all about opinion, but the majority of folk on hear CANNOT STAND anyone elses opinion - it cannot be tollerated on OTIB.

Tut-t-tutty-tut. disapointed2se.gif

What a hilarious thread!

It really sums up most threads on OTIB.

We have a poor team, managed by someone with no proven track record, and are in a relegation position: not good.

Some poor sod posts, saying the basic truth, and is set upon by dozens of other posters.

Forums are all about opinion, but the majority of folk on hear CANNOT STAND anyone elses opinion - it cannot be tollerated on OTIB.

Tut-t-tutty-tut. disapointed2se.gif

Rubbish. Taxi for Taxi for Rennie.

Archived