IGNORED

Players Refuse To Move Out On Loan

CiderHider

its a non story invented by the evening post,

They are prolly talking about Stewert who's move to Brentford fell through as he was injured then missed the deadline day (the loan window shuts for a week) brentford filled the gap with another player in the mean time,

it was only Saturday we were told there was no intrest

its a non story invented by the evening post,

They are prolly talking about Stewert who's move to Brentford fell through as he was injured then missed the deadline day (the loan window shuts for a week) brentford filled the gap with another player in the mean time,

it was only Saturday we were told there was no intrest

Is it? You're sure about that are you? So Millen's quote "However, we've had others who had the opportunity to move on loan this week who have turned it down" is made up is it?

This from someone who was spouting off about the Brighton game, and then admitted he hadn't been there.

Its time you stuck to what you actually know about, mate, rather than just living in a fantasy world.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-13326590-detail/story.html

Not sure if there is any truth in this, I'm sure a host of League 1 clubs would have been if for them, are they right to stay put to the seeming detriment of the club?

It's Frustrating situation because there is decent players who basically care more about the case life and getting their wages than actually playing games,

Nicky Hunt being a key example.

I heard Sheffield Utd made a loan offer for a player before end of transfer window, but not 100% sure whom.

It's frustrating because simply a number of players won't shift unless we pay them their contracts up, Hunt and Stewart are the 2 I'd bomb out in a instant if I could.

As said though. It is at detriment to the club, with them still on the payroll like it or not it effects the chances to bring good players in

It's Frustrating situation because there is decent players who basically care more about the case life and getting their wages than actually playing games,

Nicky Hunt being a key example.

I heard Sheffield Utd made a loan offer for a player before end of transfer window, but not 100% sure whom.

It's frustrating because simply a number of players won't shift unless we pay them their contracts up, Hunt and Stewart are the 2 I'd bomb out in a instant if I could.

As said though. It is at detriment to the club, with them still on the payroll like it or not it effects the chances to bring good players in

I developed some respect for Stewart last season. He came into the first team when required, and produced some wholehearted displays. While I understand the club's frustration, you can't place all the blame on the players. If your boss said they thought you were crap and asked you to go off to Sheffield for three months at the drop of a hat, I wonder how you'd feel? We are continuing to pay the price for the disastrous Coppell period, which continues to cast a shadow over the club and affect both the team and the manager's ability to do his job.

Are you being serious? Hunt is very much worse than what we've got.

He's one of the worst players I've ever seen.

Granted he's had a nightmare start here. There may of been many reasons for that.

We know that he was decent enough to play many many time in the prem for Bolton so defo worth giving him another chance.

He may surprise a few.

Are you being serious? Hunt is very much worse than what we've got.

He's one of the worst players I've ever seen.

Granted he's had a nightmare start here. There may of been many reasons for that.

We know that he was decent enough to play many many time in the prem for Bolton so defo worth giving him another chance.

He may surprise a few.

Is it? You're sure about that are you? So Millen's quote "However, we've had others who had the opportunity to move on loan this week who have turned it down" is made up is it?

This from someone who was spouting off about the Brighton game, and then admitted he hadn't been there.

Its time you stuck to what you actually know about, mate, rather than just living in a fantasy world.

I said before the game i wasn't going to be there and I never commented of the performance I commented on lack of goals general poor football this season at games I have atteded which is 6 Before you keep spout on I was defending teflon before it turns in to a circus but so blind is you faith in him you thought I was slagging him off, read the post before you lay into me

Firstly we dont know the details of these loans.

They might be a long distance away and players have families - so may not want to move away, for what is the short-term.

Plus we know Millen does tell porkies. So I would'nt believe everything he says.

Problem is some of the players are probably better than what we have out there it's just Keef and his stubborn attitude!

I agree. Of the players mentioned in the article...

Cisse better than all our other central midfielders.

Ribs is better than the form Spence is showing.

Clarkson is at least as good as some at creative play and coming off the bench up top (IMO).

Stewart has proved to be at least a capable backup and I think a better option than Carey.

Hunt of pre-season looked fit and hungry to play and obviously has (or at least had) taken but Keef has decided he's not playing and that's that.

Fact is Keith like GJ in the latter years can't manage big players who expect better management. He is happy with a team of league 1 players and young Prem loan players as he can control them.

I agree. Of the players mentioned in the article...

Cisse better than all our other central midfielders.

Ribs is better than the form Spence is showing.

Clarkson is at least as good as some at creative play and coming off the bench up top (IMO).

Stewart has proved to be at least a capable backup and I think a better option than Carey.

Hunt of pre-season looked fit and hungry to play and obviously has (or at least had) taken but Keef has decided he's not playing and that's that.

Fact is Keith like GJ in the latter years can't manage big players who expect better management. He is happy with a team of league 1 players and young Prem loan players as he can control them.

The last time I saw Nicky Hunt Fit and Hungry was at a Club Barbecue........with your insight and considered opinion.........I am just grateful your not our Manager, we would be relegated.

A different slant at the same story:

If the manager were to play a more attacking/entertaining style of football, maybe, just maybe, the attendances wouldn't have slumped so alarmingly, and therefore the inability to loan out our "superstars" to lower league clubs wouldn't be such an issue.

Two games just gone, where both away sides (Portsmouth and Brighton) had an above average following.

If City were playing a more (I mean) simply entertaining, then maybe we could've attracted 3,000 more each game? 15,000 and 16,000 respectively isn't unrealistic .......... is it?

And with Pay on the Day being around £25.00 per head (?) those two games alone would've grossed an addititional £150,000

I appreciate our squad is top heavy with average players, but Millen has presided over all the playing staff currently here at Ashton Gate (accept maybe Louis Carey) in either his capacity as manager or Assistant.

I think it wrong to blame the teams shortcomings on players greed.

Archived