IGNORED

Drop Maynard

Donald

Regardless of formation next Saturday, I think Millen needs to drop Maynard next Saturday against Hull, hasn't looked up for it since window closed and no doubt the new baby has affected him ,

Worked a treat with David James earlier in season,

Think it's only fair to give Pitman the start next Saturday, be it lone forward in 4-5-1 or with Stead 4-4-2/3-5-2

Views......

Regardless of formation next Saturday, I think Millen needs to drop Maynard next Saturday against Hull, hasn't looked up for it since window closed and no doubt the new baby has affected him ,

Think it's only fair to give Pitman the start next Saturday, be it lone forward in 4-5-1 or with Stead 4-4-2/3-5-2

Views......

Agree & also drop skuse and go 4-4-2 with Stead & Pitman

Views......

If he hadnt missed the pen u wudnt have started this thread.

He has to start....A CLASS ACT.

Most important thing is 442 next week....with Kilkenny and Elliott.

To be fair I have no issue playing 4-5-1 away, but it's unacceptable at home. Maynard needs someone to play off.

We're struggling big time so lets not drop our best striker. Oh, and... millen out!

if its 4-5-1 at home next week and we dont score, i am selling my season ticket.....how much do you think i could get?

If he hadnt missed the pen u wudnt have started this thread.

He has to start....A CLASS ACT.

Most important thing is 442 next week....with Kilkenny and Elliott.

Not really, over the last 2 games his running and work rate ha been missing, ok he's isolated, but he doesn't seem up for it,

Boot up the backside is what's needed, worked with James, who not with Maynard, pitman is a quality striker and deserve his chance

I agree, we did ok without him last year. He knows he is playing. I mean 2 pens missed already, he cost us today we would have won as Leeds would have been on the back foot if he had scored.

But all you NM lovers will say hes class etc, but everyone needs a kick up the ass sometimes

Views......

I feel this is a rather stupid post directly after a game when emotions are around, Maynard i'm sure gave 100% and is devastated in the dressing room at the moment.

Not really, over the last 2 games his running and work rate ha been missing, ok he's isolated, but he doesn't seem up for it,

Boot up the backside is what's needed, worked with James, who not with Maynard, pitman is a quality striker and deserve his chance

Were you at Elland Road today ?

Its the manager and his assistant that is destroying the players form...I dodn't think I have ever seen tactics employeed that are totally opposite to the strenghts of a team's star player. The effect on the player and the team is massive direct your anger at the manager...that where the problem is. And surely the player should have been sold and a genuine target man brought if we were going to play this way.......unbleleivable...I can't beleive from a financial perspective the board can be happy..witht he value of our number 1 asset falling quicker than the FTSE. That is something Steve Landsdown knows all about. Time to act.

I agree, we did ok without him last year. He knows he is playing. I mean 2 pens missed already, he cost us today we would have won as Leeds would have been on the back foot if he had scored.

But all you NM lovers will say hes class etc, but everyone needs a kick up the ass sometimes

I doubt very much if we played Pitman on his own up front we would get much change..that only player we have is possiably Stead.

Ask Sven if he class or not? He can see Nicky M is special..........but unfortunately some of our own fans can't see it.........he is not a lone striker type of player, he needs support from a striker alongside him, and then he will start scoring regularly. It's so simple..........sorry your so blinkered

Views......

Pitman up fron ton his own would be no different. Maynrd is a class player but is being ruined in a 4-5-1. Go 3-5-2 and play Stead up with him and I'm quite sure you'd see a different Nicky Maynard

Pitman up fron ton his own would be no different. Maynrd is a class player but is being ruined in a 4-5-1. Go 3-5-2 and play Stead up with him and I'm quite sure you'd see a different Nicky Maynard

yep exactly what i said earlier in the thread, the love in with pitman i can see, but maynard is a better player than pitman, bottom line is that stead has to play with maynard.....we will see goals then

Ask Sven if he class or not? He can see Nicky M is special..........but unfortunately some of our own fans can't see it.........he is not a lone striker type of player, he needs support from a striker alongside him, and then he will start scoring regularly. It's so simple..........sorry your so blinkered

Blinkered? missing 2 penalties you are obviously deluded

So you agree that it's the manager getting it wrong then?

Views......

Agree totally, but also Skuse has to be dropped the centre midfield pairing is not and never will be good enough.

Archived