IGNORED

We Have Good Players..... But Not A Good Team

Dorset_Cider

We have good players..... but not a good team

I have been thinking and I guess this may have been said before but the more I think about it the more I feel that we have good players but don't have a 'Good Team'

Something is missing and despite Keith & the backroom boys it seems more than evident that the special something that builds a team is missing

It would be easy to just say that it's Keith but again I think that he is only part of the problem at BCFC

Why has the spark gone ....... why is it that if we go a goal down I pretty much know that we are going to lose the match even if we get one back?

Why do we seem to accept defeat as if it is a forgone conclusion, why do we get the poor performances, why is it okay to be turned over at home or chuck away an away game we frankly should have won

Why do the teams around us get that result when on paper (and on the day) we should have a point or even three?

This season it's all about other teams that were big boys (or even small fry), slipped back down and have played their way back over and above us from lower leagues......... the league is not about BCFC anymore and that is not acceptable

Discuss

We have good players..... but not a good team

I have been thinking and I guess this may have been said before but the more I think about it the more I feel that we have good players but don't have a 'Good Team'

Something is missing and despite Keith & the backroom boys it seems more than evident that the special something that builds a team is missing

It would be easy to just say that it's Keith but again I think that he is only part of the problem at BCFC

Why has the spark gone ....... why is it that if we go a goal down I pretty much know that we are going to lose the match even if we get one back?

Why do we seem to accept defeat as if it is a forgone conclusion, why do we get the poor performances, why is it okay to be turned over at home or chuck away an away game we frankly should have won

Why do the teams around us get that result when on paper (and on the day) we should have a point or even three?

This season it's all about other teams that were big boys (or even small fry), slipped back down and have played their way back over and above us from lower leagues......... the league is not about BCFC anymore and that is not acceptable

Discuss

It's easy to say it's Keith because it's Keith. He's the manager, he directs the team, he motivates them, he picks them, he signs them, he drops them, he trains them.

I think the problem is he cannot threaten them with anything. You play crap and there is nobody behind you to come in and take your place. The squad is still very unbalanced so restricts what formation he can play too. We were flying when we were promoted and the summer after the play off final was the time to go out and sign quality players, it was our window of opportunity, our profile was high, we decided to do nothing much, and we have continued to do less each season until we cut back so much we end up going back down.

Then we scrape around for a few years, going close once or twice until one marvellous season where we bounce back and become the next big thing again, crowds are up money is being spent and this lasts usually for 4-5 seasons until we repeat our mistakes and.............well, you've been around long enough to realise what happens next.

Archived