IGNORED

Lets Behind The Team On Sat

alanpayne

Saturdays game is so important so let's start a thread as to how postive we're going to be and really get behind the side from the start.

I was talking to one of our players recently and he said it really does makes a massive difference to them when we get behind them. As fans, let's do our bit to try and make the difference!

Maybe we could discuss how were going to celebrate our first goal on Saturday!

Saturdays game is so important so let's start a thread as to how postive we're going to be and really get behind the side from the start. I was talking to one of our players recently and he said it really does makes a massive difference to them when we get behind them. As fans, let's do our bit to try and make the difference! Maybe we could discuss how were going to celebrate our first goal on Saturday!

Totally agree... If the performance is dire, we can let it known at the full time whistle.

Maybe a cheer or clap when we score (after we come round from passing out of course)...

:fingerscrossed:

Completely agree...lets make it the loudest its been in years!....although this may need the remaining 3 stands to sing which probably wont happen...

Really does depend what's happening on the pitch . If they're playing like a bunch of wasters and we are getting the run around then it's hard to pretend otherwise.

I'll be there but with no great expectation.

We've had this argument for years and typically of the apathetic nature of bristolians and west country folk the stock response is "if they give me something to shout about I will"

I find that attitude to supporting the team both depressing and atrocious.

Life is what you make of it. Football is very similar. If we make Ashton Gate fun and loud and create an atmosphere that helps the lads and arrouses a little extra from their lockers then the "turgid" experience of going to the gate is obviously going to improved.

Have your views on Keith, have your views on the players, have your views on the board and the stadium. You can even have your own views on the style the ******* groundsman cuts the turf. But for ***** sake let's not forget that if this club goes down it is US that feels the pain, US that takes the punishment of third tier football and US that feels the effect of our football teams failings most deeply. It is not a ridiculous notion to suggest that we get out of the club exactly what we put in. You can bring up money but that's a non argument as it's the same for every other club in the division... What should set us apart from other clubs (especially at home) is our support.

Then again, it's much easier to grunt dissatisfaction and moan about everything and nothing in particular. It is much easier to revel in the negativity and enjoy the excuse to stand out and make a name for yourself on a forum because you're a negative ****.

Millen does not have my unreserved support, nor do the players and the board most certainly do not but when they step over the White line they are all that matters and if any chant of encouragement will spur them on even 1% then that's is what I will do.

Disclaimer; I am not a superfan nor am I telling people how to support their club. I simply cannot grasp the logic that some of us follow with regard to active support.

To be fair i think most people go there to support the team but if their is nothing happening on the pitch the atmosphere soon dies out, we need the players to put some effort and commitment in to sustain the atmosphere,

Saturday citys fans were behind them one down when city got back into it leeds fans started to get at their side and they made them nervous and the errors followed. city didnt deserve to lose saturday and support is needed straight from the off instead of all this we will wait for the players to do something apathy.

We've had this argument for years and typically of the apathetic nature of bristolians and west country folk the stock response is "if they give me something to shout about I will"

Life is what you make of it. Football is very similar. If we make Ashton Gate fun and loud and create an atmosphere that helps the lads and arrouses a little extra from their lockers then the "turgid" experience of going to the gate is obviously going to improved.

Have your views on Keith, have your views on the players, have your views on the board and the stadium. You can even have your own views on the style the ******* groundsman cuts the turf. But for ***** sake let's not forget that if this club goes down it is US that feels the pain, US that takes the punishment of third tier football and US that feels the effect of our football teams failings most deeply. It is not a ridiculous notion to suggest that we get out of the club exactly what we put in. You can bring up money but that's a non argument as it's the same for every other club in the division... What should set us apart from other clubs (especially at home) is our support.

Then again, it's much easier to grunt dissatisfaction and moan about everything and nothing in particular. It is much easier to revel in the negativity and enjoy the excuse to stand out and make a name for yourself on a forum because you're a negative ****.

Millen does not have my unreserved support, nor do the players and the board most certainly do not but when they step over the White line they are all that matters and if any chant of encouragement will spur them on even 1% then that's is what I will do.

Disclaimer; I am not a superfan nor am I telling people how to support their club. I simply cannot grasp the logic that some of us follow with regard to active support.

I dont think it is bristolians or the west country in general but it does seem to be the attitude of this forum. being negative is what it does best.

No point being negative, discouraging or abusive to our own team during a match... but ....

If the crowd muster up some big support, cheers & applause during a game despite the performance- the players MIGHT POSSIBLY RESPOND - maybe!

However if the players & the team come out giving it their all, showing determination, some skill & some promise of possible goals & points to come... - the crowd WOULD MOST DEFINATELY RESPOND

Bit of a 'what comes first chicken or egg?' situation.... but only one scenario guarantees the desired effect - Come On Millie Come On City give the crowd something to get excited about ... & Ashton Gate will come alive automatically, all will be forgiven in minutes & we can take it from there.

I feel the sane every game make Ashton gate loud, but even if I get up and start a song no one really joins in anymore sometimes I can look a bit of a prat. If we were loud not only will it lift our team but it can be very annoying for the away team.

We will see what happens sat but if much of the same it will be silent and if any noise is heard it will only be boos to Mullen which any away team will take advantage of.

Saturdays game is so important so let's start a thread as to how postive we're going to be and really get behind the side from the start.

I was talking to one of our players recently and he said it really does makes a massive difference to them when we get behind them. As fans, let's do our bit to try and make the difference!

Maybe we could discuss how were going to celebrate our first goal on Saturday!

Imo we should offcause get behind the team. We beat them last home game, we will do it again. They dont scores many goals but have a good defence. 2-0 City and I will be happy on Player. COYR!!!

Jordan think I may have disagreed with you on some issues in the past, or maybe confusing you with someone else. Whatever.

This forum is in general 99% negative drivel.

Refreshing to see a positive post sprinkled with more wisdom than I've seen on here for quite a while.

Completely agree...lets make it the loudest its been in years!....although this may need the remaining 3 stands to sing which probably wont happen...

Typical - You ruddy Williams Stand hooligans are always giving it the big I am.

I would love to sit with you over there too, but to be honest, its just a bit too intimidating.

quality post that jt

I thought there was fantastic support in the last home game...but it didn't seem to make any difference to the players. Maybe the appearance of Basso will inspire an "always believe" chant.

Correct.

This notion that if we All sing And jump around Like demented frogs for

90 minutes suddenly millens hapless lot will suddenly become half decent and look the part is daft in the extreme . I actually think the support as been fairly decent in the circumstances(no goals,no wins)

The fans are not the problem at the moment and to suggest they are only distracts from the real issues and excuses absolute garbage from

the manager And players alike.

Archived