IGNORED

Hull And Reading At Ashton Gate

Nogbad the Bad

Two crucial games in quick succession at Ashton Gate in just 4 days.

Two games that give us a great opportunity to kick start our season and, of course, of momentous importance to the manager.

Two wins would be a fantastic boost for him, us fans and the club. Two home defeats are unthinkable for us all, whereas a win and a draw from the 2 games would be acceptable to most. A loss and a draw, or 2 draws, and a very disappointing start to the season would look like becoming an entrenched struggle.

The opponents, Hull and Reading, have done better than City so far, so not easy games, but nevertheless should be beatable at home.

My thoughts:

KM is desperate for a win tomorrow and has history of getting that vital result when he really needs it. We'll come out firing and get that elusive first home goal and, having scored first, go on to net again and beat Hull 2-1.winner_third_h4h.gif

Sorry to say I think our revival will be short lived and City will struggle to capitalise on that win as Reading go ahead, take control, and go on to win 2-0.disapointed2se.gif

If it does turn out to be one win and one defeat KM's position will probably be neither more, or less, secure - things would no doubt be unchanged in that respect - and at least we'll have that first home goal, and win, under our belt.

All being well I'll be at both games - let's hope we've got good reason to celebrate, and to congratulate our manager on his selections, formations, tactics and substitutions, after 2 convincing and enjoyable home victories.

How do you see these 2 crucial back to back home games going, and therefore Keith Millen's position at 10 o'clock on Tuesday night? dunno.gif

Good points Noggers.

I find Reading's position most intriguing.

Having lost Shane Long, they seem to have struggled, as their results were so dependant upon his finishing. Now that he has gone they have struggled, with no apparent heir to his crown.

Had we sold Maynard (similar value to Long ?), I am certain Pitman would have stepped up to the plate, and within a few games we would all have been wondering what all the fuss was about.

I think we will draw with Hull and beat Reading.

I am still in the camp that hopes Keith will come good, but this current run cannot go on.

We need results to improve, and we need the entertainment to improve.

3-5-2 at home from now on.

Two crucial games in quick succession at Ashton Gate in just 4 days.

Two games that give us a great opportunity to kick start our season and, of course, of momentous importance to the manager.

Two wins would be a fantastic boost for him, us fans and the club. Two home defeats are unthinkable for us all, whereas a win and a draw from the 2 games would be acceptable to most. A loss and a draw, or 2 draws, and a very disappointing start to the season would look like becoming an entrenched struggle.

The opponents, Hull and Reading, have done better than City so far, so not easy games, but nevertheless should be beatable at home.

My thoughts:

KM is desperate for a win tomorrow and has history of getting that vital result when he really needs it. We'll come out firing and get that elusive first home goal and, having scored first, go on to net again and beat Hull 2-1.winner_third_h4h.gif

Sorry to say I think our revival will be short lived and City will struggle to capitalise on that win as Reading go ahead, take control, and go on to win 2-0.disapointed2se.gif

If it does turn out to be one win and one defeat KM's position will probably be neither more, or less, secure - things would no doubt be unchanged in that respect - and at least we'll have that first home goal, and win, under our belt.

All being well I'll be at both games - let's hope we've got good reason to celebrate, and to congratulate our manager on his selections, formations, tactics and substitutions, after 2 convincing and enjoyable home victories.

How do you see these 2 crucial back to back home games going, and therefore Keith Millen's position at 10 o'clock on Tuesday night? dunno.gif

6 points and Millen's P45 - dream scenario. cruel but thats only my view. but whatever happens it merely delays the inevitable so the sooner the chop comes the better for everyone, including Millen so he can get on with his life and we can get on with putting a capable manager, for us, in place asap. Football is business.

Good points Noggers.

I find Reading's position most intriguing.

Having lost Shane Long, they seem to have struggled, as their results were so dependant upon his finishing. Now that he has gone they have struggled, with no apparent heir to his crown.

Had we sold Maynard (similar value to Long ?), I am certain Pitman would have stepped up to the plate, and within a few games we would all have been wondering what all the fuss was about.

I am still in the camp that hopes Keith will come good, but this current run cannot go on.

I agree , although Reading have now brought in Le Fondre who scored last week and I think he will be a decent replacement for Long.I also agree that Pitman would have adequatley replaced Maynard had he gone. Not sure what the 2 results will be , I wil reserve judgement untill I see the starting line ups but am hoping for 2 wins and improved performances. Should we lose both games I think Millen might be heading for the job centre by Wednesday lunch time.

i really dont know what the two results will be but we are capable of beating both teams. we need to win both games to get us out of the shit we are in becus i dont think we stand a chance at going to blackpool and getting even a point wat with kev phillips on fire at the mo, and if we manage to loose both games i think millen will be finished, however im still on the side that i hope millen can pull it together and get a top 10(ish) finish!

whether that will happen or not is any ones bleeding guess the way this season has started!!

CTID!!

Man for man we match Hull and Reading, you might even argue we are stronger in some departments, anyways.

I think the next two results will mostly come down to player mentality , it can only ever be about results and the players must be singled minded. Anyone manager asking their players to play ''attractive' football should be sacked for gross negligence. (~not a dig a KM, i'm just saying) Must always play to your strenghts no matter how unorthodox or unattractive it may appear. but where our real strengths lye and how they are implemented is the wonder of football... CS could employ a trio of Wenger, Fergie and Mourinio for the next two games and the result would still remain as unpredictable as the reality.

Pick the 11 best players and the worst performer(s) from the previous game get dropped, players should always know if they are good enough they will play, subjective I know so it comes down to how well the players consider the gaffers selection decisions perhaps.

We win the two games and its happy clappy time 'yey' Millen for England. We are due some luck at home, tommorow would be fabulous timing. I'll take 4 pts from the two games, begrudgingly. but 6 pts on offer here and maybe E I E I E I O, up the football league go!! :drunk2::trumpet:

Reading, Hull, whoever, everybody is capable of beating anyone else in this league, it's been like this since we arrived, Newcastle aside.

This makes Millens horribly negative tactics even more bewildering.

Take Brighton, a tidy side with decent movement and good passing but we let them beat us without getting into second gear.

For me, all results are on.

If Millen errs on our weaker side of the game, defence, we'll be lucky to get a point.

If he stops worrying about his own future and uses what talent we have, then we could win both.

Come on Millen, it's time to be brave.

I'm not expecting a win any time soon - therefore I think millen will be gone after these two games.

I am very confident we will not win the next two games. Therefore Millen leaves on Tuesday. Love to be proven wrong, as I would love to beat both Hull and Reading

Terrortory that would concern us all if we lose both, depending how we lost would say a lot more. dont want to think about anything other than a win tomorow. :noexp:

Whilst the result is obviously huge, the main point of interest for me is how we start first twenty.

Millen was angry after Leeds, he told us as such. It would seem he's put his foot down on penalties in taking the responsibility from Maynard, whose performance will be an interesting subplot, and has taken a generally tougher line this week with an emphasis on aggression.

A formation change seems inevitable, it will be intriguing in the extreme to see how exactly it plays out. I have a sneaky feeling that we might go 3-5-2 with Spence moving into the middle and Adomah being ill-fitted into a wingback role. The main reason for this is I simply cant see him dropping Skuse or {captain} Elliott, and id be astounded if Killkenny made way with the aforementioned pair starting in a 4-4-2. Therefore unless he plays Skuse wide left he cannot accomodate all undroppable personnel into a four man midfield, without square pegging round holes.

If we do not come out all guns blazing and while nerves will play their part we must surely conclude that either the players arent playing for him, he doesnt have it in him to forcefully motivate a team, or both.

Agreed GB, no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Pitman would have adequately replaced Maynard.

If City get the results you envisage above and come through these 2 games not only undefeated but break our scoring, and winning, home duck, it will obviously ease the pressure on KM considerably. Four points from 2 home games in the present situation is acceptable, especially if the games are exciting as well. If we are subjected 2 further cautious, tedious and winless games I would expect the board to be equally as unforgiving as the fans.

Absolutely. We are the home team, the onus is on City to go forward, attempt to excite and entertain the fans, and do everything possible to be positive and try to WIN.

For God's sake Keith set your team out to ATTACK and order them to go for the Hull's throat from the first whistle.

I agree , although Reading have now brought in Le Fondre who scored last week and I think he will be a decent replacement for Long.I also agree that Pitman would have adequatley replaced Maynard had he gone. Not sure what the 2 results will be , I wil reserve judgement untill I see the starting line ups but am hoping for 2 wins and improved performances. Should we lose both games I think Millen might be heading for the job centre by Wednesday lunch time.

It will be very interesting to see Le Fondre on Tuesday.

If Maynard had gone he'd surely have been near the top of our list as a replacement.

We're going to win both games by 4 or 5 with an outstanding display of attacking football. KM will then be viewed in a different light and the fans will start to get behind him (in a supportive way). We will then go on an unprecedented unbeaten run that will smash all previous club records comfortably on our way to winning the league. Keith will win manager of the year and go on to establish city as a competitive premier league side until his untimely death at SL's 'house' otherwise known as Guernsey. Alan Curbisley will appear from one of his many houses in the local area to take charge and substain our success.

We're going to win both games by 4 or 5 with an outstanding display of attacking football. KM will then be viewed in a different light and the fans will start to get behind him (in a supportive way). We will then go on an unprecedented unbeaten run that will smash all previous club records comfortably on our way to winning the league. Keith will win manager of the year and go on to establish city as a competitive premier league side until his untimely death at SL's 'house' otherwise known as Guernsey. Alan Curbisley will appear from one of his many houses in the local area to take charge and substain our success.quote]

Is it easy to type in your sleep ?

Great post

not sure about that. I dont think any striker would shine in the formation we've been playing. Not saying Pitman isnt capable just not sure how much he'd of shone given how we set up

The writing is on the wall, there is no light at the end of this long tunnel; for the good of the club KM must go.

No it's not.

I believe while the season is still young, KM and the team are capable of stepping up a few gears still, I have total belief that we can win the next two games, in style.

We have our squad, manager, fans and board. This is us, too late to bail now... flight squadron BCFC under Captain Keith has taken off, now its for the Glory of battle....Sir, there is flack up ahead, should we change course?...No dam you!...get through this and we might just survive! ... Sir, enemy fighters up ahead...should we attack their rear, sir? :comando:

OPEN FIRE, Send in attack wings Adomah and Maynard !!!!! :trumpet: :trumpet::trumpet: VICTORY! The emeny are defeated! :icecream:

Archived