IGNORED

4-5-1

leadman

got to drop skuse and play 4-4-2 for me one striker hasnt worked as we've scored no goals at home!

if i had my way it wud be

Gerks

Mcgivern

Carey

Wilson

Spence

Bolasie

Elliot

Kilkenny

Adomah

Maynard

Stead/Pitman(cant decide)

Manager: Alex Ferguson

apart from the manager this wud be line up tomorrow!!

CTID!!

Why would you drop James? What has he done wrong since being reinstated? And Nyatanga? he's been our most consistent player this year!!!!

Why would you drop James? What has he done wrong since being reinstated? And Nyatanga? he's been our most consistent player this year!!!!

not much but what did gerks do wrong when he was in goal for those two games....nuffin and made sum decent saves and actually hangs on to the ball not parry everything into on-coming attackers and the only reason he lost his place was injury in the swindon match that we went onto loose 1-0 without him, so he shud be put back in, in my oppinion.

as for lewin i dont think hes been our most consistent player by a long shot i think thats been adomah, its just i think the defence looks calmer and more together with our club captain carey in it as he is more vocal and the player respect him alot and as wilsons young but still looked really good i wudnt drop him so for me nyatanga gets the chop unfortunatly!

CTID!!

not much but what did gerks do wrong when he was in goal for those two games....nuffin and made sum decent saves and actually hangs on to the ball not parry everything into on-coming attackers and the only reason he lost his place was injury in the swindon match that we went onto loose 1-0 without him, so he shud be put back in, in my oppinion.

as for lewin i dont think hes been our most consistent player by a long shot i think thats been adomah, its just i think the defence looks calmer and more together with our club captain carey in it as he is more vocal and the player respect him alot and as wilsons young but still looked really good i wudnt drop him so for me nyatanga gets the chop unfortunatly!

CTID!!

Well instead of dropping nyatanga why not take out spence who hasn't looked very impressive and play carey RB.

with regards to Gerken, he made a mistake at leicester but overall did well, unfortunately he got injured but thats bad luck. Jamo doesn't deserve to be dropped at the moment.

its been done before with carey at RB and hes getting on now bless him and hasnt got the pace to get back and forward to help adomah out, or the pace to deal with tricky/fast wingers, hes deffo better in the centre going into 50/50's against forwards becus he will not worried about getting a bash and he can actually pass a decent 35/40 yard ball at times or pass it short to killkenny for him to spray it about. its a good shout about spence tho he's not great is he maybe put lewin out there hes still agile and pacey!!

i cant agree with u bout james tho mate, did u see the brighton game we shud of lost 2/3 nill cus twice he palmed it to there attackers but for sum reason they put it wide and over abd he does it every game!

CTID!!

its been done before with carey at RB and hes getting on now bless him and hasnt got the pace to get back and forward to help adomah out, or the pace to deal with tricky/fast wingers, hes deffo better in the centre going into 50/50's against forwards becus he will not worried about getting a bash and he can actually pass a decent 35/40 yard ball at times or pass it short to killkenny for him to spray it about. its a good shout about spence tho he's not great is he maybe put lewin out there hes still agile and pacey!!

i cant agree with u bout james tho mate, did u see the brighton game we shud of lost 2/3 nill cus twice he palmed it to there attackers but for sum reason they put it wide and over abd he does it every game!

CTID!!

Did he not save it? we'll have to agree to disagree, i just feel more comfortable with james in goal.

got to drop skuse and play 4-4-2 for me one striker hasnt worked as we've scored no goals at home!

Gerks

Mcgivern

Carey

Wilson

Spence

Bolasie

Elliot

Kilkenny

Adomah

Maynard

CTID!!

Why drop James and JCR ?

Should be

James

Spence

Cisse

Wilson

McGivern

Adomah

Kilkenny

Elliot

JCR

Pitman

Maynard

But we all know it wont be.................

Why drop James and JCR ?

Should be

James

Spence

Cisse

Wilson

McGivern

Adomah

Kilkenny

Elliot

JCR

Pitman

Maynard

But we all know it wont be.................

james never holds onto anything and jcr has got no attacking threat what so ever and cross a ball either! bolasie is pacey with a mean delivery by all acounts, he cud be as affective as adomah!!

but u are probs rite it will 4-5-1!!!!!!!!!

CTID!!

james never holds onto anything and jcr has got no attacking threat what so ever and cross a ball either! bolasie is pacey with a mean delivery by all acounts, he cud be as affective as adomah!!

but u are probs rite it will 4-5-1!!!!!!!!!

CTID!!

I would like the follwing

----------James----------

Carey Wilson Nyantanga McGivern

---------KilKenny----------

---JCR-------------Elliott//Skuse

Adomah Maynard Bolasie

I would like to see the front 3 interchanging and continually moving. JRC given license to get the ball and run forward through the centre of the pitch, with a mobile front 3 he should be able to pick some passes if he gets his head up. I think he does his best work there. Then Elliott or Skuse to sit deeper, I think Skuse maybe better at this as he is more disciplined than Elliot, and stays on his feet. Killa can take the ball off the back 4 and sit really deep and try and cover any through balls.

my only worry is we may not be physical enough with Elliott missing, I just think Skuse would compliment that line up better as we need a disciplined player to sit there and not let gaps appear through the centre of midfield.

You can now see why I am not a manager :)

Edit: it leaves us a little vulnerable down the wings, but i believe it is a risk worth taking at home to get the crowd on side and actually pressure the opposition

thats sum in-depth tactics rite there!!

but a good line up in my oppinion, i agree JCR is useless down the flanks and plays better just behind the front men and with bolasie AND adomah up top thats the kind of pace that will scare a defence in to making rash challanges or mistakes that will cost them!

As for the strength issue in the middle y not bring in cisse as he will sit in the middle making the 50/50's and will be hard to get past!!

CTID!!

yh agreed we need to attack and get a goal to get the crowd going!!

thats sum in-depth tactics rite there!!

but a good line up in my oppinion, i agree JCR is useless down the flanks and plays better just the front men and with bolasie AND adomah up top thats the kind of pace that will scare a defence in to making rash challanges or mistakes that will cost them!

As for the strength issue in the middle y not bring in cisse as he will sit in the middle making the 50/50's and will be hard to get past!!

CTID!!

I would, but Millen won't so this is based on a team Millen could pick. :)

Cisse is a funny one tho, he's never one that millen mentions as he wants to get rid off(like: hunt, stewart who i dont actually minda and clarkson) but he never seems to play or even be about!!??

CTID!!

They had a huge barney pre season, they don't talk anymore. You won't see Cisse unless we have a injury crisis of epic proportions.

Personally I think Millen did the right thing, doesn't matter how good the player is, if he disrespects the boss and the boss lets him get away with it then the boss is in trouble. Shows me Millen has that nasty streak people think he hasn't got.

They had a huge barney pre season, they don't talk anymore. You won't see Cisse unless we have a injury crisis of epic proportions.

Personally I think Millen did the right thing, doesn't matter how good the player is, if he disrespects the boss and the boss lets him get away with it then the boss is in trouble. Shows me Millen has that nasty streak people think he hasn't got.

well i dint no that, totaly agree nice to see millen not taking any shit from a stroppy player!

no player bigger then the club, shame tho as i thought he was decent!!

o well killkennys is looking good!

CTID!!

Gerks

Mcgivern

Carey

Wilson

Spence

Bolasie

Elliot

Kilkenny

Adomah

Maynard

CTID!!

That's a great line up for a home fixture. The only change l would make is Pitman for Maynard.

Otherwise, get in that dressing room at 2.45pm tomorrow and dress like Millen.......don't forget your clipboard and fold your arms!

A good manager should also be able rectify any differences, particularly when the club are paying out some large sums of money on his wages and he is a pretty good player.

I'd like to see Millen have the balls to be so tough on some of the more long standing players eg: Skuse, Maynard, Elliot. Seems to me Cisse was an easy target which is a bit weak and spineless of Millen.'

A good manager should also be able rectify any differences, particularly when the club are paying out some large sums of money on his wages and he is a pretty good player.

I'd like to see Millen have the balls to be so tough on some of the more long standing players eg: Skuse, Maynard, Elliot. Seems to me Cisse was an easy target which is a bit weak and spineless of Millen.'

This is true, but i guess we need to know the basis of the argument for saying that, there could be a very good reason he doesn't play him.

I am sure these guys train well and have a good attitude to training and his ideas, which is why they are in the team. it's a hard one. I do think Skuse does get a bit of a hard time, I think because he is not all blood and guts people think he doesn't do anything. I quite like the way he plays the game, he rarely goes to ground. Elliott well he gives you his all most games, but he needs more than that, his passing can be appalling and he gets pulled out of position a lot.

I do think, like many people do, it is hard to justify both these players in the same team. This is the hard thing for Millen to do, drop one of them. But that is what really good managers can do.

I would maybe have Elliot playing at home and Skuse away from home

It used to be "We're Bristol City, we always believe..!" but it's now "We're Bristol City, we're four five one..!" :dunno:

I'd love Millen to come out on the pitch and say

"Today we are playing Four Five ******* One" :) it would at least give me something to smile about down the gate

4-5-1 I bet, too much pressure on the game and more chance of getting a draw and surviving a bit longer for Millen that going 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and trying to get a win

4-5-1? Does anyone really know what that is? I mean, at least you knew where you were with Johnsons wingless wonders. You know? 4-4-2, 4-2-4, 4-3-3... 0898 654000, freephone double glazing? :phone:

I reckon we mite c 352 tomorrow. James carey wilson nyatanga at cb, spence n mcgivern wing backs, elliott killkenny n albert cm with maynard n pitman up top. Worth a go. This was teflon gets to keep his 'preferred' 5 man midfield but 'satisfies' the fans by gettin two up front. Only problen 352 mite not suit albert, unless we turn him into a wing-back?!?!

Archived