IGNORED

James Wilson

tinman-is-god

Amongst all the negativity online tonight, I thought it was worth saying that Wilson had an excellent game today. He looks composed, doesn't take any risks and looks assured in central defence. He deserved the MOM today, but it is very pleasing to see that one of our academy players has more than made the step up to the Championship. Our player of the year at the moment by quite some distance IMO.

Amongst all the negativity online tonight, I thought it was worth saying that Wilson had an excellent game today. He looks composed, doesn't take any risks and looks assured in central defence. He deserved the MOM today, but it is very pleasing to see that one of our academy players has more than made the step up to the Championship. Our player of the year at the moment by quite some distance IMO.

I'm glad he's been given a chance! Would love to see Reid come through this season! And Ribs and Edwards tho they aren't that young anymore!

Likewise but let's not forget he would not have been picked but for injuries. Wasn't even on the bench first day of the season.:disapointed2se:

And as Ribeiro is now behind Skuse for right back I think we can forget him.

Likewise but let's not forget he would not have been picked but for injuries. Wasn't even on the bench first day of the season.:disapointed2se:

And as Ribeiro is now behind Skuse for right back I think we can forget him.

Bobby Reid upcoming players made his debut against Hull last game of last season, last week we lost 1-0 to Arsenal youth at at u17/u19 so are we are competing at this level, go up to Failaind one of the sides the young players are playing against class, but in the last four years Wilson apart who has come through?, i don't blame the academy staff i blame the club why leave it to the Hull game to see Reid,

I'm glad he's been given a chance! Would love to see Reid come through this season! And Ribs and Edwards tho they aren't that young anymore!

Edwards isnt gunna make it at this level, looked no more than average at best when he played. So theres no point in starting a player just because hes young if their not good enough. Ribs is the best player out of our academy for ages, just ashame about injuries!

Edwards isnt gunna make it at this level, looked no more than average at best when he played. So theres no point in starting a player just because hes young if their not good enough. Ribs is the best player out of our academy for ages, just ashame about injuries!

Thats why he won MOTM in his only first team appearance then............

Wilson and Nyatanga do seem to be a good pairing going forward, personally with Fontaine still to return and Carey offering cover the signing of a new centre-half is not a priority anymore. Only gripe is that with 4 out and out right-backs at the club it seemed strange that Skuse was played there yesterday and I thought we missed him in the centre of the midfield with Hull being allowed to play 1-2's in front of our penalty box throughout the 1st half. Would have thought Ribs would have had a go at yesterday

Wilson and Nyatanga do seem to be a good pairing going forward, personally with Fontaine still to return and Carey offering cover the signing of a new centre-half is not a priority anymore. Only gripe is that with 4 out and out right-backs at the club it seemed strange that Skuse was played there yesterday and I thought we missed him in the centre of the midfield with Hull being allowed to play 1-2's in front of our penalty box throughout the 1st half. Would have thought Ribs would have had a go at yesterday

Riberio face may not fit like many others, very injury prone and lacking ambition maybe, who knows.

You have to give young players a run in the side before you can judge them. Wilson has stepped up well. I remember when Rob Newman first played he looked weak and out of his depth...he went on to become one of our most outstanding players over many seasons...probably because he got games under his belt at an early age. Just as Wilson has been introduced to the side so should Edwards if we want to progress....signing loan players from Premier League teams for a season will only help the Premier League teams get better.

Look at Caulker. He was fantastic last season for us but is now on loan to a Premier side. It helped us out in the short term but in the long term it means our players get less games and it also fuels the discontent which we are now seeing in the side with players never getting games. We should have confidence to bring in our young players, give them a run in the side, then rest them, then give them a run in the side. That would be good management!

You have to give young players a run in the side before you can judge them. Wilson has stepped up well. I remember when Rob Newman first played he looked weak and out of his depth...he went on to become one of our most outstanding players over many seasons...probably because he got games under his belt at an early age. Just as Wilson has been introduced to the side so should Edwards if we want to progress....signing loan players from Premier League teams for a season will only help the Premier League teams get better.

Look at Caulker. He was fantastic last season for us but is now on loan to a Premier side. It helped us out in the short term but in the long term it means our players get less games and it also fuels the discontent which we are now seeing in the side with players never getting games. We should have confidence to bring in our young players, give them a run in the side, then rest them, then give them a run in the side. That would be good management!

Agree when we were mathematically safe last year Wilson/Edwards should of been given a run of games, the players who you think may step up, did we see this no it beggars believe imo, Caulker class but whats the point of a acadamey if we are getting young players from other clubs acadamey.

Done by Maclean almost everytime on both the ground and in the air.....lacks muscle and strength and too easily beaten by championship strikers.

Nyatanga on the other hand was SUPERB.

That'll be why they subbed McLean then. Because he kept 'doing' Wilson on the ground and in the air he was simply too good for the City defence to deal with, so Hull did the decent thing and removed him in order for a fair game of football to take place. Or, he was taken off because he was struggling to get in behind and was being well marshalled by the centre halves.

Wilson has made a great start to the season, and I simply do not see, at all, where you are coming from. For me, he has intelligence in dealing with situations, wins it in the air far more often than he loses it and looks like a Championship centre half already. Add to that the rave reviews he has got wherever he has been loaned to, I think you are in a pretty small minority in thinking that he isn't up to standard. Still, there's always one. Or about 2,242 on this site.

Done by Maclean almost everytime on both the ground and in the air.....lacks muscle and strength and too easily beaten by championship strikers.

Nyatanga on the other hand was SUPERB.

What a load of wibble. Maclean was so good I barely noticed him.

Wlson is clearly playing for his City future. He is hungry and determined to show his worth. If Keith now ensures he picks a side that share these characteristics then we will be fine. I just hope that Albert can be included under this banner. One worries that the Ghana thing and the reaction to his first season may have changed his attitude a bit.

I didn't think Wilson was great on Saturday and didn't Koren's shot pass him by untouched (OK it was Skusey who lost the guy who put the cross in) for their goal? Otherwise, he had a steady but unspectacular game.

Maclean was dreadful and I was sad to see him subbed by Hull because he looked like he couldn't score in a brothel...

Wilson was ok but nothing more than that. His heading out lacked distance and direction and his distribution was poor, just lumping it. He needs to get (through experience) the ability to pick out a player and also carry the ball forward when gaps appear. Apart from Kilkenny he had no one to pass to who he felt with any confidence could control the ball. sad but true.

Archived