IGNORED

For Those Who Said We Should Of Kept Maynard

Pete1975Legend

I understood he only wanted to go to a Premier League club, but no Premier League club wanted him. If we get an offer from a struggling Premier League side in January I suggest we take the money... if not he'll go for nothing. I really can't see him signing another contract at City

Proves we were wrong to do so. Should of got good money and ran. Now were left with a disinterested player who will go for free another poor move by our board. Bit like the millen fiasco

Well, as many have pointed out, we couldn't force him to move to another Championship club against his wishes. I didn't see the game on Saturday but if he was as uninterested as everyone is saying then, if I had Steve's money I'd be inclined not to be pissed about and would instruct Keith to make him train with the youngsters and see how many Premier League teams would be willing to come in for him then.

Maynards simply taking the piss, he could of signed an extension ages ago to cover our back but choose not to, and still chooses not too, as far as im lead to believe theres some sort of mutural agreement between BCFC, Maynard and a Premier League Club so wheres our part of the deal, we scratched his back but he aint scratched ours !! I'd be inclined to drop him and let him think it over, a pro footballer would be irritated after no playing for a few weeks so would probally get a reaction one way or the other.

Still top scorer and still our best player by miles, had a mare yesterday but still had nothing to work with of note.

You only live once, i dont blame him at all for looking after number 1,

He's an ambitious young man, whats the problem with that?

There's nothing wrong with having ambition , but at the moment is to the detriment of our football club. If it takes a few games warming the bench to get the fire back in his belly , thats what KM should do.

I wonder if recently becoming a father has caused some of the lethargy in his play? Or maybe he is still not over the injury that KM said had caused him to miss training recently? Either way Pitman has to start on Tuesday , and who knows , he may come off the bench and have some hunger back.

Still top scorer and still our best player by miles, had a mare yesterday but still had nothing to work with of note.

You only live once, i dont blame him at all for looking after number 1,

He's an ambitious young man, whats the problem with that?

Its nothing to do with having ambition, and all to do with lining his pockets. The club have stated that if a Premier League team comes in for him then he would be allowed to talk to them. He is screwing us over by refusing to sign, simply to attract a bigger signing on fee.

Proves we were wrong to do so. Should of got good money and ran. Now were left with a disinterested player who will go for free another poor move by our board. Bit like the millen fiasco

Doesn't matter what the fans wanted, doesnt even matter what Millen or Lansdown wanted,

We didn't get an offer from a club Maynard wanted to join,

If we don't get a bid from a prem club in jan, he's going to leave on a bosman.

Whether we like it or not, there is nothing ANYONE can do about that apart from hope a blackburn or similar club comes in with a £3/4m offer

Liecester could have offered £40m and it wouldn't have mattered

Either way, needs dropping

We didn't even accept an offer to find out. So unless we accept an offer he couldn't of talked to anyone anyway. So to say he wouldn't have gone to a championship side we don't know as we didn't accept any offers unfortunately.

Sven said after we played them that the deal was not going to happen because we did not want to sell and Nicky didn't want to join them.

Doesn't matter what the fans wanted, doesnt even matter what Millen or Lansdown wanted,

We didn't get an offer from a club Maynard wanted to join,

If we don't get a bid from a prem club in jan, he's going to leave on a bosman.

Whether we like it or not, there is nothing ANYONE can do about that apart from hope a blackburn or similar club comes in with a £3/4m offer

Liecester could have offered £40m and it wouldn't have mattered

Either way, needs dropping

Loads of players need dropping but lets pick on Maynard.

It seems clear to me what's going on and the above posts have pretty much covered it.

I'd be grateful if Maynard would at least come out and say that he doesn't want to sign another contract if he's made that decision already.

This issue really does put the fans in the dark and nurtures bad feeling all round.

I just wish he'd leave now. The other strikers can then make a name for themselves.

Its not a matter of picking on him. Just gets people mad when the only occasion he's looked interested was when the transfer window was open, plus other players deserve there chance.

Ok then drop him until Dec then his hunger will be back and then he is in the shop window again, he has not been playing well the team are not playing well, Pitman i agree deserves a chance but people having ago i don't understand he has no point said i want to leave our club, is he and his agent holding us to ransom?, surely we would of took £6m from Leicester golden boy to whipping boy in a month WOW.

Ok then drop him until Dec then his hunger will be back and then he is in the shop window again, he has not been playing well the team are not playing well, Pitman i agree deserves a chance but people having ago i don't understand he has no point said i want to leave our club, is he and his agent holding us to ransom?, surely we would of took £6m from Leicester golden boy to whipping boy in a month WOW.

The clubs say they want him to stay. Maynard hasn't, to my knowledge.

Surely it can't be that difficult to agree a contract where 2 parties want to work together. Unless they don't.

Maynard hasn't become a bad and valueless player overnight, a new management team at BCFC may be able to get the best out of him.

The clubs say they want him to stay. Maynard hasn't, to my knowledge.

Surely it can't be that difficult to agree a contract where 2 parties want to work together. Unless they don't.

If only we knew the club made a statement we are keeping Maynard some people were praying he stayed, (now they want him dropped), it is a strange situation, i feel and i said before there is a Prem club sniffing around waiting to see if he is the Maynard of old he has played less than twenty games since the operation if i'm right in thinking, £6m i would of snapped Leicester hands of with a 20% sell on clause.

If you were Maynard, would you sign a new contract with a possibility of league one next season?

I know I wouldn't. I Think he has every right to do what he's doing, but yes he does need to be dropped.

I think that is probably the best most overlooked point of many. Maybe one of the reasons why he has delayed, just to see how we perform up until Christmas.

Loads of players need dropping but lets pick on Maynard.

Yes they do and there is plenty of other threads regarding other players.

Maynard isn't playing well and again yesterday wasn't even putting in the required level of effort.

pitman came on and showed the desire and effort and was rewarded with a goal, stead, pitman and Taylor all put in decent performances yesterday, and it's only fair that two of those three get start next game

No player is undroppable and what's the point in having 4 forwards if you don't use them.

Millen dropped David James on form and it worked, hopefully he'll do the same with Maynard

Yes they do and there is plenty of other threads regarding other players.

Maynard isn't playing well and again yesterday wasn't even putting in the required level of effort.

pitman came on and showed the desire and effort and was rewarded with a goal, stead, pitman and Taylor all put in decent performances yesterday, and it's only fair that two of those three get start next game

No player is undroppable and what's the point in having 4 forwards if you don't use them.

Millen dropped David James on form and it worked, hopefully he'll do the same with Maynard

Fair enough what got on my nerves Donald was you posted it in the week and straight after the game no other comment but drop Maynard, maybe he does need a kick up the ass, get focused again but it's been a hard month for him on and off the field. Life is full of challenges what i don't like is people saying he is lacking the passion i maybe wrong but i feel he has and will give 100% whilst he is here.

Fair enough what got on my nerves Donald was you posted it in the week and straight after the game no other comment but drop Maynard, maybe he does need a kick up the ass, get focused again but it's been a hard month for him on and off the field. Life is full of challenges what i don't like is people saying he is lacking the passion i maybe wrong but i feel he has and will give 100% whilst he is here.

What is said was...........

Regardless of formation next Saturday, I think Millen needs to drop Maynard next Saturday against Hull, hasn't looked up for it since window closed and no doubt the new baby has affected him ,

Worked a treat with David James earlier in season,

Think it's only fair to give Pitman the start next Saturday, be it lone forward in 4-5-1 or with Stead 4-4-2/3-5-2

Views......

The only thing that's changed is that he's put in another "lacklustre" performance.

Think he needs dropping like what happened with James

What is said was...........

The only thing that's changed is that he's put in another "lacklustre" performance.

Think he needs dropping like what happened with James

Lacklustre i had to look that word up Sir Don, lets hope your right Gerken came in at Leicester we won 2-1 (Maynard crap that game), and Pitman comes in he does deserve his chance and gets a couple. Hand on heart i really think we will win Tuesday.

christ almighty what game were you at yesterday he didnt even give it 50% yesterday and was imo rightly booed off he should be dropped and millen given the boot

Archived