IGNORED

Should The Players Not Take Some Blame Tonight?

BristolCity1992

Yes some of the players should take the blame...BUT!

2-0 up and cruising and peppering their defence. Pitman looked ran out, couldn't chase the ball around 65th minute and he did a lot of running and was in my opinion very impressive. I would have brought on Taylor for Pitman at 2-0 and ask Taylor to hold it up.

Several player looking tired including Carey and should have been replaced. This is where we lost it. They made substitutions and got the result....simple!

Millen, sorry, until you go, I stay away and I've never done that!

MM

Of course players should take responsibility but in the modern game they are not responsible for anything they do on or off the pitch. They know perfectly well that while managers get sacked they are untouchable so why would they bother about anything beyond which flash car to buy next?:disapointed2se:

Sadly for Keith even if the players are to blame the manager is accountable.

Of course players should take responsibility but in the modern game they are not responsible for anything they do on or off the pitch. They know perfectly well that while managers get sacked they are untouchable so why would they bother about anything beyond which flash car to buy next?:disapointed2se:

Sadly for Keith even if the players are to blame the manager is accountable.

When I saw the score that was my exact thought...

Yes some of the players should take the blame...BUT!

2-0 up and cruising and peppering their defence. Pitman looked ran out, couldn't chase the ball around 65th minute and he did a lot of running and was in my opinion very impressive. I would have brought on Taylor for Pitman at 2-0 and ask Taylor to hold it up.

Several player looking tired including Carey and should have been replaced. This is where we lost it. They made substitutions and got the result....simple!

Millen, sorry, until you go, I stay away and I've never done that!

EXACTLY - All down to Millen not recognising when subs need to be made and his obsession with playing strikers on the sodding left wing... WE WANT MILLEN OUT NOW

Either millen told pitman to go and sit in midfield for the 5 minutes before the collapse, or he didn't tell him not to.

Millen also chose to put a target man on the left wing giving license for their full back to go forward more at the end.

Millen also chose to persist with campbell ryce who was doing a pretty good job of breaking down our attacks when he got his little feet on the ball.

Actually, just before Reading scored their first, Millen and Pitman had an argument and lots of arm waving etc.... Pitman threw his hand in the air (as if to say go away) and from that point was out of the game. I think it was down to him dropping deeper in to midfield.

MM

It's all about confidence. The players don't believe in themselves or the tactics, and that's down to management.

They believed in themselves and the tactics for 72 minutes then forgot how to see a game out. Too many of them are weak mentally. I genuinely feel sorry for Nyatanga and Wilson as they played well and somehow lost the game.

My main beef with Millen was not having Cisse on the bench as with Skuse out we didn't have any midfield cover. We'd have seen the game out if he'd been brought on with 20/25 minutes left. 4 5 1, make sure we stay solid.

They believed in themselves and the tactics for 72 minutes then forgot how to see a game out. Too many of them are weak mentally. I genuinely feel sorry for Nyatanga and Wilson as they played well and somehow lost the game.

My main beef with Millen was not having Cisse on the bench as with Skuse out we didn't have any midfield cover. We'd have seen the game out if he'd been brought on with 20/25 minutes left. 4 5 1, make sure we stay solid.

Absolutely.

Millen's one substitution was baffling and lack of 2 others even more so, but the complete absence of confidence and fight in some of them defied logic for the last 20.

Let's name names, Maynard, dear oh dear, missed three chances, had he taken any of them that would have seen us home. JCR desperately poor all game yet left on and Albert seems unable to play 90 any more.James badly gifted them the second, too.

The lack of anyone to come in and play in front of the back four for the last 15 cost us big time tonight, Cisse may not be a world beater but if he'd been on the bench and used we could have held on despite zero confidence.

It's ironic.

My view of the season so far is that our defence have played well generally and in particular Wilson and McGivern have been outstanding.

Meanwhile the attack have been poor and underperforming.

Tonight our front line played a blinder (although Maynard should have scored from at least two opportunities) but our defence (and in partcular DJ) let us down badly in the last 20 minutes.

And I am sorry, Carey has been a fantastic servant of this club but what are we doing starting him when Ribiero is available (I believe). Louis was turned easily by their left winger who made the cross for their first goal.

When you are 2 nil up at home, you should win the match, not lose it.

Yes they absolutely should, but we can't sack them. There is one person in charge of getting results, signing players and picking teams. And we can sack him.

Yep. The buck stops with the manager, always has done, always will. They know it themselves, they even say it when interviewed. In a way it's unfortunate, as there are several players at this club who are on easy street, who are as culpable as any manager has been for the mess we're in, yet they are never held accountable for their actions (or lack thereof). Of course, this isn't just an issue for City, but for countless clubs up and down the land. I reckon there's no more than a handful of managers in the country with enough job security to be able to totally reshape the foundations of their club.

Archived