IGNORED

Watching Millen Interview

Keepers Ball

He looks very very low.

In truth where can he go from here?

just been asked the same question with the reply of "Bottom of the league..probably. One will be hard to bounce back from"

Also added "A lot of work to be done" and " they ve got to look at themselves and the players are resilient"

From the way he's talking Millen in his own mind is going nowhere

Seen interview. Millen won't be going anywhere unless sacked.

Sounds very down as you would expect. Said we should have been 4-0 up which is fair enough and that the goals we gave away were soft.

nearly all the goals we have conceded this season have been soft and preventable, silly schoolboy defending costs us again. we should all be on this forum praising the team after a fantastic performance but yet again sh'''t defending costs us big time, the players need to look at themselves after the way they imploded but at the end of the day the buck stops with the manager,

In all seriousness .. who is Keith Millen? What did he achieve as a player? And what is on his cv as a Manager? Are there any half decent Championship achievements on there? And what has he played in the Premier League or even managed? Basically nothing ... Bath City's manager .. Adie Britton .. bring him on ... a legend.

He is very down and that's pretty obvious,

To be fair, Millen is a nice bloke and tonight's defeat was simply down to a lack of concentration and discipline by the players,

Everyone has different opinions of course, but I dont see Keith as the man to take us anywhere in the long term despite our encouraging performance this evening (for 70 minutes anyway).

Spence should have had the right back spot this evening, not Mr Carey (he has done his duty for our club and is not the right man to start any game - emergency or late sub maybe but not in the starting 11).

JCR - this man is simply a league 1 player at best - I have been saying this to the lads for sometime and maybe I am too critical of the guy, but he just lacks everything a championship side requires. All he does is run around in circles with little impact.

I dont think there is too much wrong with the other squad members (they are not world beaters and certainly not championship contenders) but a mid table position should be easily achieveable with the right man-management. Is that what we are lacking in Keith ? - I think the answer for most of us is yes, although I do feel for his position tonight - completely let down by the players who were in a dream winning 2 zip for the 1st time this season and completely let the fans down big time.

Not a lover of Skuse (shoot me down no doubt) and Jamie Mcalister is clearly coming to his end.

Only Maynard and Pitman are the players who would get an interest from a top 6 championship side or above. I cant see any other player at city that would make a step up apart from those 2 (apart from Spence maybe) - Marv on form maybe and the lad McGivern who is not our player anyway.

New blood, new management, new players - football is simple isnt it ??

He has the look of a dead man walking.

He knows his time is up, we all know it too. Let's just hope the board has the balls to pull the trigger before it's too late.

A question that no one can answer me is how can we afford to get rid of him even if we wanted to? I think we are still paying GJ's settlement. Coppell apprently left with nothing but i'm not so sure. Could we honestly afford to pay off Millen's two years PLUS employ an extra manager. Everyone is calling for Jones etc. Yes it's probably what we need BUT that comes at a cost. Experienced managers are not cheap and they will want to bring in their own staff. Can we afford to bring them in and get rid of our current ones? Remember why Coppell left? Think we would be in the same position again as we can not afford to bring in an experienced manager and back him at this moment in time.

Watching that interview I feel bloody sorry for the guy. You can tell he is upset and hurting. I want our managers to be like that. He wont be getting no sleep tonight for sure. Not even that massarge chair will help. Adam asked him the question what could you have changed and he gave the only answer there is and that is nothing. We were attacking them and controlling the game and that is what you want. Why change something when it was clearly working? Of course people are using this now as a excuse to have another pop at KM. IMO he did everything right and has every right to feel let down by them players.

Archived