IGNORED

First Swansea, Then Cardiff......then Tonight! Time To Act Is Now!

Andy082005

For me, in recent times we have had two games where it was clear to see by all....that at the final whistles, there was no way the managers of City at that given time, would ever recover. Tinnion vs Swansea, Johnson vs Cardiff and now....although not a thumping by any means, Millen vs Reading.

Tonights result could be devastating for this club. Make no bones about it. I cannot remember the last time I seen City so in control of a game, only to throw it away in such a gutless, pathetic manner. Do I blame Millen for tonight? not really, I actually feel sorry for the bloke tonight. Ok, I think we started to look leggy even before we got our second goal.....and I really think he should have changed it at 2-0 and just ran the game down, but those players tonight showed what a gutless, pathetic, unproffessional bunch of wa*kers they really are.

2-0 up, at home, against a team whose confidence was shot, and against a team who had looked dreadful all night......they were really terrible! .......yet we lose. Unforgivable.

Unfortunately, Millen is the manager, and the buck stops with him. Its his job to prepare a team both physically and just as importantly, mentally. As soon as we gifted them that goal, we went to sh*t. I can honestly say I cant recall ever seeing anything like that tonight.

This club is so weak mentally, from our owner who I feel has taken a cowards step into the shadows, from our chairman.....right the way down to the manager and the players. One of the things a lot of people have been holding onto this season, is "we 've been unlucky and we deserved more from a game". Fair enough, when your down near the bottom and things go against you, its tough. You concede the first goal and your up against it, its hard. Leeds away for example...played well apparently, fluffed a penalty....and lost. It happens. When though, you are 2-0 up....against a team on a run of form as poor as yours.....this is the time when you see what a team is made of, and this is the time when IF you are going to survive.....you will hold out.

If a change is not made....we 100% will go down this year. This game proves tonight there is a serious problem at this club, and just like with Tinnion...and then Johnson, if a change is not made, we will finally pay the price.

Does Millen deserve the sack for tonights debacle??? no way, but he does deserve the sack as I truely dont believe he can recover from this.

Change is needed....NOW

great post and well put together - KM has no man-management to motivate the current players for the rest of the season,

If he stays, we will get relegated, if he leaves and someone else comes in, we still may get relegated.

I prefer the "still may get relegated" scenerio anyday !

Tomo

For me, in recent times we have had two games where it was clear to see by all....that at the final whistles, there was no way the managers of City at that given time, would ever recover. Tinnion vs Swansea, Johnson vs Cardiff and now....although not a thumping by any means, Millen vs Reading.

Tonights result could be devastating for this club. Make no bones about it. I cannot remember the last time I seen City so in control of a game, only to throw it away in such a gutless, pathetic manner. Do I blame Millen for tonight? not really, I actually feel sorry for the bloke tonight. Ok, I think we started to look leggy even before we got our second goal.....and I really think he should have changed it at 2-0 and just ran the game down, but those players tonight showed what a gutless, pathetic, unproffessional bunch of wa*kers they really are.

2-0 up, at home, against a team whose confidence was shot, and against a team who had looked dreadful all night......they were really terrible! .......yet we lose. Unforgivable.

Unfortunately, Millen is the manager, and the buck stops with him. Its his job to prepare a team both physically and just as importantly, mentally. As soon as we gifted them that goal, we went to sh*t. I can honestly say I cant recall ever seeing anything like that tonight.

This club is so weak mentally, from our owner who I feel has taken a cowards step into the shadows, from our chairman.....right the way down to the manager and the players. One of the things a lot of people have been holding onto this season, is "we 've been unlucky and we deserved more from a game". Fair enough, when your down near the bottom and things go against you, its tough. You concede the first goal and your up against it, its hard. Leeds away for example...played well apparently, fluffed a penalty....and lost. It happens. When though, you are 2-0 up....against a team on a run of form as poor as yours.....this is the time when you see what a team is made of, and this is the time when IF you are going to survive.....you will hold out.

If a change is not made....we 100% will go down this year. This game proves tonight there is a serious problem at this club, and just like with Tinnion...and then Johnson, if a change is not made, we will finally pay the price.

Does Millen deserve the sack for tonights debacle??? no way, but he does deserve the sack as I truely dont believe he can recover from this.

Change is needed....NOW

With a heavy heart, I agree with this. I'd love to buy Keith a beer and thank him for all he's done for the club, but he has to go now, for the good of the club and for the good of his health. His stress levels must be through the roof at the moment.

I was happy to give Millen until Oct for a home win( who knows why!!!) but after that performance the players no longer believe . Unless Millen can get a loan Centre back Caulker style I don't see the point in keeping Millen as much as I hate for us to change manager when a season has started as the team has shown for 70 minutes they are a good team but we can't go on heads dropping once one goal goes in espcially against a team on similar form to us!

I wouldn't actually be suprised if we got a good result against blackpool though as Millen can say we are total underdogs and blackpool won't expect anything from us but also to play formation of 9 defenders and maynard up top! Even if we go on a mini run of good results I no longer have even a little belief in Millen of a. keeping city up and b. most importantly pushing city towards our full potential.

p.s Yes Millen this game was very entertaining........

I was happy to give Millen until Oct for a home win( who knows why!!!) but after that performance the players no longer believe . Unless Millen can get a loan Centre back Caulker style I don't see the point in keeping Millen as much as I hate for us to change manager when a season has started as the team has shown for 70 minutes they are a good team but we can't go on heads dropping once one goal goes in espcially against a team on similar form to us!

I wouldn't actually be suprised if we got a good result against blackpool though as Millen can say we are total underdogs and blackpool won't expect anything from us but also to play formation of 9 defenders and maynard up top! Even if we go on a mini run of good results I no longer have even a little belief in Millen of a. keeping city up and b. most importantly pushing city towards our full potential.

p.s Yes Millen this game was very entertaining........

As ive said on another thread, a team being able to shut a game out is just as important as a team being good enough to get themselves in a winning position.

History is littered with teams that have been relegated on excuses like "...oh we did so well for the first hour" etc, or "....we played well but were unlucky.

Sheffield United last season, very similar. 2-0 up against Scunny I believe, lost 3-2.

The writing is on the wall if change doesnt come. Crowds are dropping by the thousands, and even if we are lucky enough to stay up...season ticket sales will drop massively. The amount it will drop by if we get relegated is unthinkable.

Lansdown and Sexton have a responsibility to act NOW. Its their faults and their faults alone, and as Ive said in the original post...the fact Lansdown seems to have taken such a massive step back, is out of order and cowardly

Archived