IGNORED

'protocol' In The Ee

Economou

Quite happily sat down reading my programme 20 minutes before KO with feet resting on seat in front, as you do, approached by jobsworth steward (No.105) and told to remove feet from said seat as 'it's protocol'

I just laughed but did remove offending feet, although placed back on seat in front at HT, luckily I don't think he spotted me.

Has anyone else heard of this 'protocol' policy ?

Hes right you should not have your feet on the seat in front! If it was my seat I'd not be too happy especially if you'd made it dirty! Would you go home and put your feet up on your sofa with your shoes or trainers on!

Precisely.

Frankly though for a steward to say 'its protocol' , especially if BCFC policy is to explain it that way, is such an inept and meek riposte.

Why does officialdom not have the wherewithal, let alone the balls or gumption, to simply ask the fan to remove his shoes from the seat in front... is the fan such a dumb ass not to understand basic etiquette?... apparently, from that poster above, it would appear that is the case. Deary me.

Hes right you should not have your feet on the seat in front! If it was my seat I'd not be too happy especially if you'd made it dirty! Would you go home and put your feet up on your sofa with your shoes or trainers on!

You're right, if you behave like that at home you shouldn't do it anywhere else, as my old school teachers used to say.

If this is a new policy I think the least they could do however is put some signs up reminding supporters not to put their dirty shoes on the luxurious EE seating.

I've actually got told off in the past for putting my feet on the seat in front, however that was about 15 years ago?

Personally, I can't think of any sensible reason why you should do it, you wouldn't do it at home to someone else's seat so why do it at football.

Quite happily sat down reading my programme 20 minutes before KO with feet resting on seat in front, as you do, approached by jobsworth steward (No.105) and told to remove feet from said seat as 'it's protocol'

I just laughed but did remove offending feet, although placed back on seat in front at HT, luckily I don't think he spotted me.

Has anyone else heard of this 'protocol' policy ?

If this is protocol policy,what is the antitocol policy?

Loads of people do it, I spent most of the match yesterday perched on the upright seat with my feet on the chair in front. The seats in the EE lend themselves to that.

I thought the stewards were a bit of a kill joy to the bloke at the front of the Dolman who was having a bit of fun, it was nice to see someone over there jumping around for a change.

The fact that no-one sits on the seats in the EE anyway, plus you see a lot of people actually standing on them when we have a corner/moments of excitement etc.

Of course i wouldnt stand on my sofa with shoes on when watching football on tele, so you cant compare the 2 really can you?

You are not the LewisDaBaron that scrawls his name all over Bedminster and Knowle in white paint are you?

I do not sit in the covered end, and I suppose what is acceptable, may differ depending on which part of the ground you are in, but, I'm afraid I am an old fart here.

Many times I used to arrive at my seat during bad weather, to find it covered in muddy, wet footprints. It really used to annoy me.

If someone wants to put muddy, wet footprints on their own chair, then that's fine by me.

If it is policy to ask people to remove their feet from chairs, then brilliant.

It's not the fault of the club that people have different ideas of what is acceptable.

I can't see why anyone would make an issue of being told to remove their feet from a seat?

As others have said, would you do that in a friend's house, with dirty footwear on?

There may have been no one in that seat but if you sat down on YOUR seat with a white t-shirt on and then found dirt all over the back of it when you stood up, how happy would you be?

Archived