IGNORED

The Players Owe Us, And Millen, An Apology

tinman-is-god

I think that Millen is ultmately responsible for his employees and he can't sort them out.

Defence has been an issue now for over 18 months. I'm sorry, but a couple of loan signings does not paper over the cracks.

Why has he never addressed this issue?

When they went two down Reading's mindset changed and they started pushing forward and swamping the midfield area in search of a goal. Kilkenny and Elliot became hopelessly outnumbered. At this stage of the match a decent tactically aware manager would of brought on another midfielder and closed the game down. What did millen do? Bring on another striker. Please go Keef, your not wanted by the majority. Go and learn your trade in the Conference or similar.

Spot on. Our squad is what it is, and it's here to stay. Millen is working with a hugely unbalanced squad, with a defence that is League One at best. He has a job that few managers would relish.

Its his team!

He been in the hot seat for over a year and we look worse than ever.

If you are going to simply take any blame or responsibility away from the manager then whats the point of having him there?

Botton line- he's the manager and he's responsible for the the outcome of EVERY match. Why did HIS team buckle like they did? why are they so fragile? this is why Millen is payed to do. motivate and get them to believe in themselfs and get them togesther and playing as a team.

Buck has to stop with Millen otherwise there is no point in having a manager in the first place.

For all the abuse (much of which has been way out of line) that Millen has received on this board and down the Gate, the team that he selected and the tactics that he employed were brilliant this evening. Forget the fact that you have a pre-match negative view of him and you must acknowledge that his side absolutely tore apart Reading this evening.

By the time Reading got their 1st goal, the game should have been dead and buried. Adomah scored a perfectly valid goal that was chalked off due to a linesman that had the intelligence of a goldfish, we hit the bar twice and Maynard missed a one-on-one. To be 2-0 up when we should have been 5-0 was always something of a concern, and when James made those two fatal errors, our fears were confirmed.

Again, it was individual errors from 'professional' footballers that led to the loss this evening. It is not Millen's fault that James made those two mistakes, it is James' fault. In the same way that Maynard let him down at Leeds, James let him down tonight. To blame Millen for tonight's loss is simply absurd, yet many still do. I would ask those people to sit back and really think about the game that we just watched, and remember how for 70 minutes we were genuinely fantastic. I am not saying that Millen's job is not under threat, because it quite clearly is, but the responsibility and fault lies solely with those players who managed to turn a 2-0 lead into a 2-3 loss simply through their own awful, terrible and shocking individual mistakes. Blame them, not Millen.

Millen is paying for not stregthening enough defensively in the summer.

Good perfomance overall - but he is to blame for us losing

Why did Pitman go deep when we were 2-0 up and threatening to run riot? That is when the game turned.

Why take Adomah off and put a target man out on the wing?

Why pick JCR in the first place?

Why leave it so late to make a substitution when the game is turning against you?

No, they weren't brilliant.

Agree with all this except the JCR point. We ended the match with our fastest player off the pitch and no sort of formation whatsoever. Elliott was poor throughout yet he stayed on, even with an injury which made him even more ineffective. Of course, Milly didn't have anyone on the bench to take his place - or at the club really.

So, yes, I blame Keith. For not reading the 50ft high writing on the wall that David James is only a shadow of the keeper that he was, and he will continually concede soft goals that cost us games.

Totally agree with you mate

Sir Alex Ferguson could've been on the line last night and he couldnt have done anything to effect the last 20 minutes

From where I was sat it was 2 errors by David James that ultimately cost us but from 70 minutes onwards I felt Reading got a second wind from somewhere and as with most games this season Kilkenny tired a bit and they started to get hold of the ball

I guess in hindsight KM could have bought Spence on and pushed Carey into midfield to clog it up a but and take Maynard off

However I felt really sorry for Keith last night we were brilliant for an hour and at 2-0 I thought we'd still go on to win 3-0 - as so often happens teams get punished for missing so many chances

If Keith stays I think he has to start dropping the 'undroppables' and try other players in order to try to get the mental and physical toughness we require - I fear without a real fist-waving leader on the pitch we arent going to improve any time soon

I fear for Keith though as when sides get in a rut like this ( and you can't change the players wholesale ) then the only way to improve things is to get a new manager in with new ideas , coaching methods or the charisma to get 'more' out of the players .

Saturday will be tough as you cant see us winning at Blackpool in reality

Totally agree with you mate

Sir Alex Ferguson could've been on the line last night and he couldnt have done anything to effect the last 20 minutes

From where I was sat it was 2 errors by David James that ultimately cost us but from 70 minutes onwards I felt Reading got a second wind from somewhere and as with most games this season Kilkenny tired a bit and they started to get hold of the ball

I guess in hindsight KM could have bought Spence on and pushed Carey into midfield to clog it up a but and take Maynard off

However I felt really sorry for Keith last night we were brilliant for an hour and at 2-0 I thought we'd still go on to win 3-0 - as so often happens teams get punished for missing so many chances

If Keith stays I think he has to start dropping the 'undroppables' and try other players in order to try to get the mental and physical toughness we require - I fear without a real fist-waving leader on the pitch we arent going to improve any time soon

I fear for Keith though as when sides get in a rut like this ( and you can't change the players wholesale ) then the only way to improve things is to get a new manager in with new ideas , coaching methods or the charisma to get 'more' out of the players .

Saturday will be tough as you cant see us winning at Blackpool in reality

And the many people in the Dolman calling him a ****ing useless **** is a disgrace. Wish these so called fans would bugger off and find something else to do.

So, yes, I blame Keith. For not reading the 50ft high writing on the wall that David James is only a shadow of the keeper that he was, and he will continually concede soft goals that cost us games.

Maybe Keith Millen has got orders from board level to play David James? It was great for the club having David James last year because he probably attracted interest in the club and helped sell a few more season cards. However, I had my doubts about his ability right at the very beginning of his tenure here when we got trounced by Millwall at the beginning of last season. Losing Bradley Orr and Basso as well has seen our defence deteriorate markedly. Steve Caulker shored the defence up last season and now we're back to being fragile again.

hopefully this lot go with them. No need for it.

Then ag is empty he is getting stick becAuse he is out of his depth

Fans pay good money and are entitled to a say

There hasn't been enough on show to get behind the team or manager the atmosphere last night was great until 70 mins then it seemed everyone wS just waiting for us to cock it up as there is no faith there any more and there hasn't been much of that since the start of johnsons last season

We are paying the price for not clearing out the coaching staff at the end of that season

Then ag is empty he is getting stick becAuse he is out of his depth

Fans pay good money and are entitled to a say

There hasn't been enough on show to get behind the team or manager the atmosphere last night was great until 70 mins then it seemed everyone wS just waiting for us to cock it up as there is no faith there any more and there hasn't been much of that since the start of johnsons last season

We are paying the price for not clearing out the coaching staff at the end of that season

So that gives fans the right to verbally abuse him?? I think it is time for a change yes, but people should show the bloke some respect.

So that gives fans the right to verbally abuse him?? I think it is time for a change yes, but people should show the bloke some respect.

Show me a football ground in the world where a player or manager doesn't get abuse and I will give you my house car and savings

It was only 2 seasons ago our manager was being called hitler

Chid geeks hasn't played enough so no we can't see he's improved

Your joking right?

Gerken has been top notch when he has been picked to be in goal!! he played outstanding when he kept a clean sheet against Portsmouth at home.

I can always remember when Gerken conceded a last minute goal pretty much every game the last two seasons back! In my eyes he has improved!

If it wasn't for him being injured we wouldn't have that numpty James in goal!!

Archived