IGNORED

The Sack Race............

II Wurzel II

You lot putting money on it is shortening the odds. Perhaps Keith has fancied a flutter himself as well.

The club were going to sack Millen last night, but realised they didn't have the funds to pay up his contract. When CS saw the bookies odds he suggested the board have a whipround and put a bet on that means that when they do announce the sacking they win enough to pay Millen's compo.

Why do you think Sexstone was not prepared to talk to the press earlier today?

Wish I understood odds. If anybody fancies TRYING to explain them to me I would be grateful!

Basically the second part is the stake and the first part is the return. For Example, 8/1....you win £8 for every £1 invested, 5/4 you win £5 for every £4 invested. So if you placed £40 yesterday @8/1 you would win £320 plus you stake money so £360 total. Today if you place £40 you'll win @5/4 you'll win £50 plus your stake which is £90 in total.

Right. I see. Ok. So, for example if a horse was 100/1 it would be classed as a bit of an outsider and a horse that was 2/1 would be a favourite. A 5/4 would be a favourite too?

Exactly.

Think of it like Bristol City versus ManUre.

Bristol City 100 ManUre 1 is not very likely to happen (100/1).

Bristol City 1 ManUre 4 is quite likely (1/4).

Archived