IGNORED

Blackpool Away Thread!

Big Red Rich

My first away game this weekend since.........Blackpool last year! It seems strange that we played them last year but not last season....

Anyway, with all the doom and gloom going on at the moment what better than morning beers singing to the Wurzels, Monkees, Beach Boys etc in The Manchester? Hopefully we'll suprise everyone with a decent performance and something to cheer about but win, lose or draw plenty will be drunk anyway I'm sure!

I can't imagine there will be a massive turnout this weekend but how many from here are going? Any first timers?

Sadly not going - alas two young children means that for the last few years I cannot afford the away games also.

Until then however I religeously went week in/week out and remember the Manchester Bar with great fondness.

It has to be (or at least used to be) the only away fans bar in the country with Saturday lunchtime strippers.

It was one of those unsaid things yet footie fans from all over the country would flock there when their team

were playing Blackpool.

Happy distant days.

Sadly not going - alas two young children means that for the last few years I cannot afford the away games also.

Until then however I religeously went week in/week out and remember the Manchester Bar with great fondness.

It has to be (or at least used to be) the only away fans bar in the country with Saturday lunchtime strippers.

It was one of those unsaid things yet footie fans from all over the country would flock there when their team

were playing Blackpool.

Happy distant days.

It's funny you should say that! Probably the reason I'm most looking forward to going is that my wife is expecting our first next April so my away days are well and truely numbered for the forseeable so I'm going to make the most of this one!!

I remember seeing strippers in the Manchester about 10 years ago, they were wearing home and away city shirts. We needed a win to get into the playoffs and we went and conceded 5.......I wont remember that day to fondly!

So, is everyone going to the Manchester Inn then? (before the match)?

If not, where is everyone meeting?

The previous 2 times I've been to Blackpool there has been a great turnout of reds in The Manchester. I've checked and according to the Sky website they also have Sky Sports so a chance to watch the merseyside derby in there also. I don't really know anywhere else to go for pre-match drinks!!!

Archived