IGNORED

Albert On Side

sh1t_ref_again

Just watched highlights of the Reading game and Albert was miles on side for the first goal

oh well I suppose the old saying when things are not going well you get a sh1t linesman- is true

Uh, sorry! I said at the time he was offside and I think the picture below proves it!

post-156-0-18524900-1317325733_thumb.png

:laugh: not even cam pics can help. From my perspective in the dolmoan he was onside, and the last bit of video footage which seems to be more in time when the ball was played seems to back that up.

Sorry tpitman, your footage is not quite as good.

I smell a rat.

These 2 pictures just don't tally. In the second picture the Reading guy in front of the ref is miles away from the halfway line and yet the ball has already been played to Albert. In the first picture the same Reading player is almost on the halfway line and the ball still hasn't been played!

Unfortunately the first picture (offside) is exactly what I saw on the night!

I smell a rat.

These 2 pictures just don't tally. In the second picture the Reading guy in front of the ref is miles away from the halfway line and yet the ball has already been played to Albert. In the first picture the same Reading player is almost on the halfway line and the ball still hasn't been played!

Makes perfect sense, 2nd pic shows the ball being played, the defender coming forward, Albert just Making his move, 1st pic shows a second later, Albert made his move, defender has pushed up and is trying to turn. Conclusive in my mind. And in my eye.

You only have to see the city players position in midfield to see that.

If there is a rat in your kitchen what are you gonna do?

I smell a rat.

The balls just out the picture on the 1st image. I was in the dolman and he was defo onside. Athough the view the lino had and the speed of the whole move, i could see why he flagged.

Makes perfect sense, 2nd pic shows the ball being played, the defender coming forward, Albert just Making his move, 1st pic shows a second later, Albert made his move, defender has pushed up and is trying to turn. Conclusive in my mind. And in my eye.

You only have to see the city players position in midfield to see that.

If there is a rat in your kitchen what are you gonna do?

Does it matter?

your right...NO.not a jot...

When I was playing the stock phrase to the opposition when you had a decision go in your favour was " have a look in tomorrows paper and I think you will see it was a goal."

Depends very much on the perspective of the linesman in relation to the position of the attacker and can be different from several different angles.

May well of been off side but....

Always makes me smile when a player gets booked for dissent as well, particularly following a dubious decision.

In 20 years of playing amateur. semi professional and proffessional football and over a 1000 matches in that time ive only ever known a referee to change his mind ......................NEVER.

So to argue to the point of dissention is just a complete waste of time.

I thought it was about the only decision that half that the lino got right.

Shortly thereafter his flag was shooting up every time Maynard started a run - whether he was involved in a move or not. I swear he flagged once about 5 minutes after Maynard had jogged back to be in an onside position - with 4 defenders playing him on! Maybe he had some sort of reflex action that made his right arm shoot upwards every time he saw a red shirt.

I just hope his house in Reading was burgled while he was at Ashton Gate.:devil:

Archived