IGNORED

Time Must Be Taken

Bar BS3

Firstly, Managers do not resign. It is simply not in their interests (understandably) to do so.

I have no doubt that we can expect an announcement, although i doubt it will be until monday.

What we must do is make sure time is taken to see what applications come in for the position. Who knows, perhaps the likes of Martin O'neil, Mark Hughes, possibly a manager in current employment, but wanting a new challenge, might look at BCFC as an interesting option.

I really don't know who might apply or who the best man for the job would be, but we really need to minimise the risk of it being the wrong one.

I agree with the general opinion that with change, there needs to be a wholesale clear our and new set up put in place, but this costs money and in its self is a big gamble. We need someone who is keen on a long term plan, to reshape and build the playing side of the club. He will need funds to be made available to make changes.

I just hope the SL has not lost his stomach for the fight, or we truely could be in freefall!

C.T.I.D

Firstly, Managers do not resign. It is simply not in their interests (understandably) to do so.

I have no doubt that we can expect an announcement, although i doubt it will be until monday.

What we must do is make sure time is taken to see what applications come in for the position. Who knows, perhaps the likes of Martin O'neil, Mark Hughes, possibly a manager in current employment, but wanting a new challenge, might look at BCFC as an interesting option.

I really don't know who might apply or who the best man for the job would be, but we really need to minimise the risk of it being the wrong one.

I agree with the general opinion that with change, there needs to be a wholesale clear our and new set up put in place, but this costs money and in its self is a big gamble. We need someone who is keen on a long term plan, to reshape and build the playing side of the club. He will need funds to be made available to make changes.

I just hope the SL has not lost his stomach for the fight, or we truely could be in freefall!

C.T.I.D

BCFC might be an interesting option, if we had money. fact is we've fallen so far down the ladder nobody with a name is going to consider us...

C.T.I.D

I totally agree need to make sure get right man but also need to get him in before loan market shuts so hes got a chance to bring players in if he wants depending who is chosen will show us how ambitous the board are

BCFC might be an interesting option, if we had money. fact is we've fallen so far down the ladder nobody with a name is going to consider us...

But we simply don't know!

Surely it is worth taking the extra time to see what applications might drop in our lap and assess all the options in full.

Managers will take a more level headed view of the situation than we do as passionate fans. We are hardly adrift at the bottom, we do have some decent players and with the support of SL, managers do get fairly well back here at Bristol City.

C.T.I.D

Agree with most of that but if we are going to get a good man who is capable of turning the whole club round then the board, and in particular SL, need to give him the budget and the freedom to do his job.

I've always had the feeling that our board can be too involved in the football side. Certainly the sudden departure of Coppell and the appointments of Tinnion and Millen point at some basic problem as do the sudden economy drives and spending sprees.

The current state of the team, supporters' disaffection, Steve in Guernsey, the stadium going nowhere fast and spiralling debts all coming together - very worrying times indeed - we need an iron man in charge and no cheap yes man.

But we simply don't know!

Surely it is worth taking the extra time to see what applications might drop in our lap and assess all the options in full.

Managers will take a more level headed view of the situation than we do as passionate fans. We are hardly adrift at the bottom, we do have some decent players and with the support of SL, managers do get fairly well back here at Bristol City.

you are right, but come on, instinct and history says we shouldn't get our hopes up. apologies, city have made me the eternal pessimist...

Any chairman worth their salt would have been making phone callls weeks ago. So like Doncaster when the manager is sacked you would have 3 candidates lined up. Lets hope Colin has been on the phone.

I read massively into Colin's statement after the Reading game, didnt he say something like;

"Keith is the right man to be in charge at Blackpool."

Now maybe it's me reading too much into things, but i think this meant that the writing was on the wall for KM and I wouldn't be very surprised if, like you suggest, there had already been phone calls...

I'm hoping that some of them were to the Nottingham area code, to an unemployed horrible little scottish chap who knows how to make teams overachieve!

I read massively into Colin's statement after the Reading game, didnt he say something like;

"Keith is the right man to be in charge at Blackpool."

Now maybe it's me reading too much into things, but i think this meant that the writing was on the wall for KM and I wouldn't be very surprised if, like you suggest, there had already been phone calls...

I'm hoping that some of them were to the Nottingham area code, to an unemployed horrible little scottish chap who knows how to make teams overachieve!

Absolutely, reading Millen admit that the players basically gave up before the end I would pay good money to witness what Davies would be like in the dressing room afterwards if they did....

Absolutely, reading Millen admit that the players basically gave up before the end I would pay good money to witness what Davies would be like in the dressing room afterwards if they did....

I think the fact that he was out to do an interview rather than still having the players locked in the dressing room for a long time means he already knows what to expect when he next comes face to face with CS/SL.

Archived