IGNORED

Holloway Interview

The Original OTIB

Talked good sense.

As he said "how is it Millens fault if his players lose heart after a goal goes in" . He saw what I saw week in and week out - gutless overpaid shites.

This club has had a soft underbelly for years and we lost the only two players we've had since we were promoted who had any guts, Orr and Hartley. They went, the backbone went.

I don't care who manages this club, with these players we will go down.

Spineless little gobshites the lot of 'em with one in particular who likes to sound off behind his managers back and wind up other players - he shouldn't be here.

The Reading game epitomises it. We were brilliant up to the point when Reading scored, then they gave in, rolled over and accepted defeat - WTF can any manager do about that other than get in players who have a winning mentality ?

Sure, Millen has his faults and maybe isn't up to this job, but it would help if his players were men and had some guts and professional pride and actually supported the manager instead of pretending to do so whilst undermining him.

Another thing Holloway was spot on about is the expectations of BCFC supporters - it's ridiculously over the top, including the likes of SL. As Holloway intimated, we (and Blackpool) aint a Southampton, Leeds, Leicester, Derby, West Ham, Ipswich, Middlesbrough etc etc who have played in the Premier League recently - we aint even a Crystal Palace or a Burnley, Coventry or Cardiff. Nowhere near it - so why do people expect us to be competing at the top with the bigger clubs ? We don't have the support that the established bigger clubs have - just look at some of the shitty threads on here where people are saying they don't care if we win or lose anymore or find it funny that we lose 5-0. Great support that is...........not.

Bollux, I'm off to the pub.

I agree with this, every last word of it.

thats true, but most of the squad has either been working with Millen for years, or are Millen signings.

Millen cannot command respect among at least some (Isuspect most of) the team.

If this is the case he aint gonnna change it............results then become utterly predictable.

Talked good sense.

As he said "how is it Millens fault if his players lose heart after a goal goes in" . He saw what I saw week in and week out - gutless overpaid shites.

This club has had a soft underbelly for years and we lost the only two players we've had since we were promoted who had any guts, Orr and Hartley. They went, the backbone went.

Spineless little gobshites the lot of 'em with one in particular who likes to sound off behind his managers back and wind up other players - he shouldn't be here.

The Reading game epitomises it. We were brilliant up to the point when Reading scored, then they gave in, rolled over and accepted defeat - WTF can any manager do about that other than get in players who have a winning mentality ?

Sure, Millen has his faults and maybe isn't up to this job, but it would help if his players were men and had some guts and professional pride and actually supported the manager instead of pretending to do so whilst undermining him.

Another thing Holloway was spot on about is the expectations of BCFC supporters - it's ridiculously over the top, including the likes of SL. As Holloway intimated, we (and Blackpool) aint a Southampton, Leeds, Leicester, Derby, West Ham, Ipswich, Middlesbrough etc etc who have played in the Premier League recently - we aint even a Crystal Palace or a Burnley, Coventry or Cardiff. Nowhere near it - so why do people expect us to be competing at the top with the bigger clubs ? We don't have the support that the established bigger clubs have - just look at some of the shitty threads on here where people are saying they don't care if we win or lose anymore or find it funny that we lose 5-0. Great support that is...........not.

Enjoy your pints - spot on post.

Only person to sort out the soft underbelly was Johnson. Add Basso McAllister and McCoombe to your list.

Which shit stirring current player were you referring to? James?

I don't like Ian Holloway. But everything said above is bang on.

KM may not seem the man to take the club up. But I feel sorry for the man. Not hardly being allowed to bring any players in over the summer bar a couple, working with a squad built by GJ and SC. A squad who all together are gutless, spineless, cowards, under-performers, lazy, talentless and selfish. And if I see any City player involved in the squad in person I will directly tell them that.

This is one of the worse squad's this club has ever had. It breaks my heart.

I understand people want KM to resign, but why should he? He'll lose out on a lot of money. I bet anyone on this forum including me would not resign and would wait on being sacked so that I/You could collect a hefty pay package from the club.

It will be best for all parties for KM to leave.

But it would be even better if most of this squad had their contracts torn up tomorrow.

It is apparent, there are more issues at the Gate than the ones on the pitch. Major problems behind the scenes, (one of the reasons coppell walked). And that mug of a tango man at the helm is doing us no favours

at all. I totally agree with the players being

spineless c@nts, but the managers job is to motivate and again that table don't lie. A major over haul is needed, but the here and now is a new manager. League 1 year we comes....

Talked good sense.

Oh please. Skeletor would say that.

Who really thinks we should be challenging at the top? wed like to be but that isn't the expectation is it ffs. w'ere bottom so what does he expect. people are bound to be annoyed.

a cheap shot at city fans and some of our no. will still suck up to the creten.

ere

As I have said before, I would love to run into some of our highly paid prima donna wasters in a dark alley....not one of them has the courage to fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Not one of them has an ounce of aggression in them, even Capt Marv has given up now. :(

The sooner we get the likes of Chris Morgan & Shaun Derry, the better IMO.

BCAGFC

Talked good sense.

Agree with most of that.

I think it's time for Millen to go, but then i'd like to see 80% of the squad who are taking their money and doing nothing for it to go as well.

It is apparent, there are more issues at the Gate than the ones on the pitch. Major problems behind the scenes, (one of the reasons coppell walked). And that mug of a tango man at the helm is doing us no favours

at all. I totally agree with the players being

spineless c@nts, but the managers job is to motivate and again that table don't lie. A major over haul is needed, but the here and now is a new manager. League 1 year we comes....

You can't teach aggression, you either have it or you don't.......none of our players do.

BCAGFC

Talked good sense.

Agree,......far to many of our players are spineless, gutless, overrated and overpaid little gits and we as fans of this club deserve a whole lot better.

Talked good sense.

good assessment.

Also think that even though the results have been poor. the team has remained fundamentally the same with minimum changes. Just simply rotated the same players. City do not really have a deep squad, but rather played with a small squad leaving the rest to watch from the stands. Rumour if that this why Cisse was so pissed with club and wanted away,after being on the receiving end for the 1st half of last season. Wonder if a new Mgr comes if he will look at all the players and make selection on form & hunger to perform.

New manager and coaching staff watch the change.....I really believe these players havent played for millen,I couldnt care less what hollohead has to say its all to do with character of manager millen just hasnt got it to get these players motivated neither wigley .

To me it's clear that the manager should take a large proportion of the blame. It is his job to motivate the players, and create a winning team atmosphere.

We're not the only club to pay players handsomely, so why do we have no team spirit? I don't think it's a problem with our players in particular (with some exceptions).

What is the players fault is that they seem to lack the fight for our club, and whoever the manager is, their professional pride should not allow that.

I think we need a clear-out on the playing and coaching side. This summer would seem to be an ideal opportunity with so many out-of-contract players, but we need a manager who can wheel and deal.

Having just got back to Stafford where I am staying with a couple of Ex Bristolians overnight all I can say about todays performance is man for man Blackpool wernt that much better than the City Players... in fact some were inferior in terms of skill. However they were extremely motivated and well organised. It was patently obvious that the majority of the City Team dont want to play for Millen and are just not putting it in for 90 minutes.

Its almost as if they are just waiting for the inevitable, almost hoping in fact.

Also the last three games ive watched its been patently obvious some of the team are not as fit as they should be.:nono:

Oh please. Skeletor would say that.

Who really thinks we should be challenging at the top? wed like to be but that isn't the expectation is it ffs. w'ere bottom so what does he expect. people are bound to be annoyed.

a cheap shot at city fans and some of our no. will still suck up to the creten.

Well i dont know many fans who had high expectatioms but Lansdown said we were looking to get promoted.... thats where the expectations come from. i dont think holloway was popping at us fans but more the way clubs are run - to that end i agree with him.

Talked good sense.

They are old mates so hardly surprising. So for all his much vaunted motivation skills Holloway does not think managers have a key role in getting into the minds of players so they don't capitulate like ours? Must be that his reputation is undeserved then and presumably he could not make a difference to our players' attitude. And the expectations argument is nonsense. Nobody expected promotion (apart from Keith and Colin). What we did expect was the improvement that Keith promised would follow once he had had a transfer window and pre-season. Perhaps Keith could explain why that didn't happen?

Not that I am defending the players, they are as you describe but that is practically the job description for modern players. They will put in a shift when it suits them and otherwise do the minimum they can get away with. That's why you need a strong manager. This lot have been allowed to get away with too much through weak management, not least the craven grovelling to Maynard. Mancini has shown the way to treat prima donnas but Keith seems to prefer to indulge them. Hardly surprising if the the rest take advantage given their character when they see how weak the management is (and I include Colin in that).

Still if Holloway is right pretty pointless having a manager at all since he is by definition powerless to change players' mindsets and is not to blame anyway. Now that's what I call a doctrine of despair.

As I have said before, I would love to run into some of our highly paid prima donna wasters in a dark alley....not one of them has the courage to fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Not one of them has an ounce of aggression in them, even Capt Marv has given up now. :(

The sooner we get the likes of Chris Morgan & Shaun Derry, the better IMO.

BCAGFC

spot on....

Talked good sense.

dont post much but totally agree with this

To me it's clear that the manager should take a large proportion of the blame. It is his job to motivate the players, and create a winning team atmosphere.

We're not the only club to pay players handsomely, so why do we have no team spirit? I don't think it's a problem with our players in particular (with some exceptions).

What is the players fault is that they seem to lack the fight for our club, and whoever the manager is, their professional pride should not allow that.

I think we need a clear-out on the playing and coaching side. This summer would seem to be an ideal opportunity with so many out-of-contract players, but we need a manager who can wheel and deal.

Good post. It's the managers responsibility to wind and motivate the players to just before breaking point so that they give their all without being reckless. If the players don't response, then it's up to the manager to bring in players who will respond.

Look at Warnock, hasn't he signed some players like Shaun Derry about three times? It's because he knows what he brings to the side and that's what he wants to stamp on all the other players.

They are old mates so hardly surprising. So for all his much vaunted motivation skills Holloway does not think managers have a key role in getting into the minds of players so they don't capitulate like ours? Must be that his reputation is undeserved then and presumably he could not make a difference to our players' attitude. And the expectations argument is nonsense. Nobody expected promotion (apart from Keith and Colin). What we did expect was the improvement that Keith promised would follow once he had had a transfer window and pre-season. Perhaps Keith could explain why that didn't happen?

Not that I am defending the players, they are as you describe but that is practically the job description for modern players. They will put in a shift when it suits them and otherwise do the minimum they can get away with. That's why you need a strong manager. This lot have been allowed to get away with too much through weak management, not least the craven grovelling to Maynard. Mancini has shown the way to treat prima donnas but Keith seems to prefer to indulge them. Hardly surprising if the the rest take advantage given their character when they see how weak the management is (and I include Colin in that).

Still if Holloway is right pretty pointless having a manager at all since he is by definition powerless to change players' mindsets and is not to blame anyway. Now that's what I call a doctrine of despair.

Basically Bristol City Football Club is in one hell of a state. Starting to accept we may have to take a step or two back to take any forward. :crying:

We've been doing that since I was born. Still waiting for the forward step (if we're assuming the forward step is top flight football)

Archived