IGNORED

For The First Time In 55 Years

fatman

Spot on! Not caring is so much worse than no longer having the passion to get angry.

We want characters, excitement, guts, passion, invention and skill. Or at best, as close to it as we can get.

We currently lack all the above and a manager to inspire / instill it.

Let's not give up, but expect much much more...

I couldn't agree more.I have been watching City for nearly 50 years and got fed up with the lame excuses a couple of years ago.

Listening to the same bland questions from Twentyman and his gang,being answered in the same bland way,before they all go and have a drink and have a laugh at the punters who pay good money to be 'entertained'.

Would you watch a play or a rock concert where they had forgotten their lines or played out of tune?

City have lost their heart,the players and management are mercenaries,you need a team with a basis that have grown up through the club and feel a sense of belonging,players like Stead must forget who they are playing for sometimes.

Lansdown has tried hard to bring City into the 21st century,he's made mistakes there is no doubt,but this is his toughest test in the coming weeks,I hope for all our sakes he is up to the task.we need a clear out of back room staff and the present squad needs major surgery,it's easy to say but difficult to do and will cost money,but there is no other option if the club are to entice back those of us who have suffered so long with broken promises and under achievement.

agree - the thing is it's not just millen etc that has contributed to the apathy, but the demise of football in general. it's lost the spark and the fun a long time ago. combined with our woeful start i find myself really not giving a monkeys. due a trip back to briz in the coming month, but don't think i can even be arsed to take in a game. what's the point anymore.

Spot on! Not caring is so much worse than no longer having the passion to get angry.

The whole club fails to provide any passion its been hurtling towards relegation for the last couple of seasons ok there are still many games to get out of this but if you weren't a BCFC fan then you would already be saying" well their going down this season"..... Its the almost well we have given a try and now we will settle for whats coming approach ..

Well the next couple of weeks will show just how much SL is commited to the club.

He has thrown millions at Ashton Vale, but now is the time to do the same with the squad. Starting with appointing a very good manager and releasing the funds necessary in January to hopefully keep us up.

Not only would gates increase with a stellar appointment, but the current squad would get a major kick up the backside, Maynard may be convinced to sign and decent players hopefully could be sold bcfc.

However SL will need deep pockets.

I ummed and aaaahed about taking my current job because it requires me to spend considerable amounts of time in Australia as well as London/

The reason?

Because I enjoyed going away with my old man to watch City (as well as home but I prefer away).

Last season when I was in Melbourne, I'd stay up and listen to the radio broadcasts and get excited/despondent just like I did when I was there.

I'm on a run of weeks when I am in Australia at the moment.

Last night, I watched Everton v Liverpool then went to bed. I'd been up about 2 1/2 hours before I went to find out how we'd got on. I actually switched on the laptop expecting us to have been beaten and to be honest, right now I don't care anymore.

We have a manager that is totally out of his depth - as I said when he was appointed when things go bad he has no experience at all to draw on - we have players still getting games when they shouldn't and we have just, well a zero care factor about us now.

I'm embarrassed, in fact I'm probably beyond embarrassed. The texts from my mates who follow Cardiff hardly bother me anymore.

I've lost the passion and the care factor.

Yet again, like on so many other occasions, we've been caught out as a club 'doing it on the cheap'.

I have no faith in Sexstone, he's a fking clueless clown as well.

Lansdown, get your bollox out on the chopping board and go and get a proper manager.

Dave Jones, Billy Davies someone with a fking clue.

What gets me is he looks like he is bewlidered when we have scored one goal at home - when he plays one up front.

We're sh*t and frankly right now, I couldn't care less until we make some changes.

Summer's coming in Melbourne.....

Again supported club over 50 years and last 3 have been the most boring ever -- no passion, just players going thro the motions. It comes to something when we can all recall the best FEW games over that time -- and sadly I have to list last Tuesday in that lot!!

There is still great football and passion around and it always will be if you are seen to produce some degree of passion and some skill -- not just playing like robots to a PLAN - then not being able to do anything about it when it goes wrong.

Whoever the new manager -- has to be a ble to change a game plan -- we are so so predictable.

This not caring any more seems to be a pervading theme by many veteran City fans - I 've been coming since 1967 and when i got through on Radio Bristol phone in last night i said this current predicament "feels" worse than 1981/82.

Yes, I will always go and as an Prem Club member it costs more than most but if I had a "better offer " for a Saturday afternoon I would now consider rather than dismiss it.

A previous poster on this thread commented on how few good games there are. I can remember in the late 60s seeing the occasional game that made me think I'm glad its not like that every week whereas now the fayre served up is dire as the norm rather than the exception!

We have average players earning between £7k-£15k per week who, in the main, don't appear to give a sh1t. It is the moral fabric of many [not all] of these people who if they weren't bathed in the riches of football would be on the dole queue or pursuing some scally activity!!!

The earnings gap between our players and the prem stars is as big as that beween most city fans and the muppets that wear the red shirt. I expect the poor little lambs feel hard done by in their own little world!!

It's frustrating watching our club suffer what is going to be a slow lingering demise back to League 1 unless something major happens in the next 4 weeks.

This not caring any more seems to be a pervading theme by many veteran City fans - I 've been coming since 1967 and when i got through on Radio Bristol phone in last night i said this current predicament "feels" worse than 1981/82.

!

The earnings gap between our players and the prem stars is as big as that beween most city fans and the muppets that wear the red shirt. I expect the poor little lambs feel hard done by in their own little world!!

It's frustrating watching our club suffer what is going to be a slow lingering demise back to League 1 unless something major happens in the next 4 weeks.

Yes your call struck a big chord with me i've thought the same thing for ages remember doing a pitch walk to raise money for the club in 82 buying a few shares to help actually seeing certain players on a saturday night in Weston with a genuine feel for the club having a drink and a chat for 15 minutes or so...I couldn't care less about a single one now well Albert and Brett Pitman aside i share your sickening feeling of this long drawn out slide into Div 3 its coming and nothing seems to be happening to prevent it.

bloody drama queens - worse than 82? get a grip.

Being bottom of the league is bad enough but all the drama about not caring is a little hard to take. Personally I think people will stay away when things are as bad as they are but despite what they say they do care just not enough to watch their beloved team get hammered everyweek, home and away.

I have always been a supoorter of Keith Millen who in my opinion earned his chance. However the time has come to take stock and take action and as someone said the right appointment will put 1000s on the gate against Peterborough...

A new manager will come in call back all of our loanees and take a hard look at our squad...Even Hunt will get a chance!! A new manager will need time to settle however adreneline and some different perspective will make enough of a difference in the short-term to get a couple of wins...

SL knows what he has to do and so do the board and supporters so lets get on with starting the next chapter!! :englandsmile4wf:

I'm actually glad I am leaving to work in the Gulf, now, too many bollockless performances, and the complete lack of anything approaching dissatisfaction on the board.

frankly I dont care if I see City play again this season, no fun, to spirit, no interest, no ambition, no drive, no desire.

Journeymen, has beens, never will be's, and piss taking team, and a ******* awful excuse for a management/coaching staff, and **** all direction from the owner of this club.

bloody drama queens - worse than 82? get a grip.

82 was horrific but the club, players, fans, local businesses all pulled together. I'll never forget being at what could have been our last game. We were in a desperate position but we were all in it together.

The apathy from what I class as the old guard supporters I think shows the mess we're in. When these supporters stop comming, who is going to replace them? The football is so bad that we're never going to get new supporters through the gates. This is indeed a very big mess.

Archived