IGNORED

Cold Light Of Day

kevster3

Many of us are probably waking up to hangovers,but also to the reality that we are rock bottom of the championship. All emotions aside,the one factor that I don't understand,if there is any truth in the rumors, is why SL has this love affair with Millen. What does he see in him that the vast majotity of fans don't.Could it be that Millen has some hold on him,or simply that SL cannot bring himself to admit he has made another grave managerial cock up

I couldn't see him going between the Reading and Blackpool games, but post Blackpool there's absolutely no excuse. The fans are screaming for it, our form could barely be any worse, we "enjoy" one of the worst Goal Differences in the 92 (only Orient, Hereford and Plymouth are worse) and we are bottom of the NPC. If I could see light at the end of the tunnel I'd be less vehement about it. Sadly I only see episodes like yesterday repeating themselves under Millen. All in all Keef's tenure at Ashton Gate is an acid test. If he doesn't go in the next few days then Steve Lansdown has lost interest in the Club.

I really hope SL has finally learned now never again to go for the easier, cheaper, unproven or "promote from within" management option (though clearly hadn't learned from Tinnion).

KM should never have been appointed permanent manager and this is going to cost SL/the club £££££££ as a new (hopefully experienced) manager has to pick up the pieces and build again. Ironic that bringing in an experienced manager after Coppell would probably have been cheaper in the long run and most probably the club would have been in a better position.

Assuming someone like Dave Jones comes in, what will be interesting is whether the board/SL relax their recent funding restrictions. I really hope SL/CS are transparent about the level of funds for players that will be available to avoid any misunderstandings. Don't know whether true or not but some have said Coppell and SL had different ideas about what could be spent on players but this was after he was appointed and that no budget (or rough idea of budget) was discussed up front. While SL's unlikely to give an exact amount, it's essential the new manager is given an idea of funding (or lack thereof) at final interview so there are no surprises afterwards.

In the cold light of day we're propping up the league after 10 games, remarkably similar to last season where we'd just got stuffed 3-0 at home to Naaarwich.

It's not as if the players haven't been here before and they did eventually turn things round so there is a glimmer of light. Time to bring in some of the players frozen out I reckon, Stewart, Cisse for instance.

I do think Millen should go though.

Remember, SL appointed Mullen at a difficult time when coppel walked out. It was just the easiest option at the tine and a way of steadying the ship.

At the time it was probably the correct decision, but in hindsight it was a mistake as it was a gamble that did not pay off.

SL should now make the decision to correct that mistake.

I hate to see any person lose their job, particularly in the current economic climate. However, the mess we are in causes concern. The current issues directly result from an appointment of a manager who demonstrated City had ambitions(Coppell) but sadly we were badly let down. KM was a poor appointment and unfortunately for him will result in losing his income( eventually) . A better slant would have appointed him caretaker whilst the board searched for another proven boss. Unfortunately, the board and SL learnt nothing from the Tinnion appointment and this was doomed to failure from the start.

I really do wish Keith and successful future and bear him no ill will at all. Good servant, out of his depth.!! Time to go for all our sakes.

If the board have the guts to cut the ties, I wish Keith best of luck for the future. I am not holding my breath though.

I really hope SL has finally learned now never again to go for the easier, cheaper, unproven or "promote from within" management option (though clearly hadn't learned from Tinnion).

Let's not keep berating Tinnion - he missed the play offs in his first season in charge by 3 points.

HE ASKED FOR AN EXPERIENCED ASSISTANT AND WAS TOLD BY LANDSDOWN HE HAD TO HAVE MILLEN; sorry for the caps but everyone bases their opinion on how carp Tinnion was on that 7-1 defeat at Swansea.

At least Tins had the decency to resign.

Old Keef knew he was OK as he was an old mate of GJ's from their time together at Watford.

I think we might feel different if Keith was Shaun Taylor - neither played for us that long but it was Shaun we all remember - I used to get Millen confused with Mark Lever who was another carp central defender!!!

Bring back Tinns [only joking] but then again No.2 to Joe Jordan!!!

Archived