IGNORED

Bristol Hang Your Head In Shame

Roadrunner

I suppose i am bias being born and bred in Bristol. I have travelled all over the UK, except Northern Ireland. But Bristol in my eyes is the fairest, best city in the UK. We have it all. history, a beautiful city, a buzz about the place etc, etc. Then we come to the two football teams. I now live outside of Bristol, so when i tell people i am a Bristol City fan. People look at me amazed and ask the question why, and the anseweris i always give is i always have been and always will be. The second question and i have been asked this all around the world, is how come a city the size of Bristol does not have a premership team. My view is that currently we do not have a premership board, or a premership council, and i guess there are many more reasons. So over to you for your comments.

Completely agree, by far and away the best City in the UK, I've lived in London for 7years and Cardiff for more time than I care to remember, obviously Cardiff doesn't compare to Bristol but London has a special place in my heart.

The only comparison I can draw with Cardiff is that both are footballing backwaters and Cardiff has an even bigger rugby culture than Bristol, there support is decent and there is genuine enthusiasm there about the club and where it's going.

Shit support in a footballing backwater, awful, dated stadium and no history. All that adds up to small funds and the end product is what we have now and have pretty much always had.

I disagree - remember being stood in the East-End beating the likes of Liverpool with crowds of 30,000 plus. It can be done again but it takes plenty of patience - which is sadly lacking in today's 'must have now' culture.

I disagree - remember being stood in the East-End beating the likes of Liverpool with crowds of 30,000 plus. It can be done again but it takes plenty of patience - which is sadly lacking in today's 'must have now' culture.

you are right. But liverpool can not be beat again easily

Could be that incomers to Bristol want to shape it to their liking rather than to our benefit and our great City Council pamper to their needs and not ours, how many of the Council and MP's are actually Bristolians? How many are interested in Sport? In their Schooldays I bet most of them were last pick for any team game. And this City of Sanctuary shit!!! Don't get me started.

The only way we would ever attract bigger crowds is a new ground and a new owner who wants to spend millions on players etc,

Bristol could easily be a prem club with prem support if a serious backer came in.

Bristol people are renowned for honesty and moaning, but we know what we like and we know what we dont.

At this present time both football clubs are struggling, fans are not happy to spend money every season watching poor football and lack of real ambition,

BCFC talk a good game but lets be honest for years we have been miles behind other clubs of a similar size, Talk of wanting promtion is to keep the die hards buying season tickets, reality is we are miles away.

Could be that incomers to Bristol want to shape it to their liking rather than to our benefit and our great City Council pamper to their needs and not ours, how many of the Council and MP's are actually Bristolians? How many are interested in Sport? In their Schooldays I bet most of them were last pick for any team game. And this City of Sanctuary shit!!! Don't get me started.

Agree 100% on this nonsense !!

Were the people of Bristol ever asked whether they wanted such an "accolade" ?

Does this mean now that we are the main aim for all the no good terrorist minded asylum seekers ?

Another example of the minority imposing their will upon the majority.

Disgrace !!

Archived