IGNORED

Why Do They Bottle?

sh1t_ref_again

Last couple of games we have played well

Against Reading who have improved recently and last year play off team - 2 nil up, a good goal disallowed and probable 4 good other chances to score

Playing well against Blackpool having a number of good chances until they scored the 2nd

So why in both games have we totally collapsed and drained of belief once we concede?

I know Millen is public enemy number one to most and you can spin that he is responsible for everything including not winning the lottery last night but...

is it his fault that a team who are playing so well suddenly go to pieces? do the players have no confidence in the keeper or defense, do we lack a leader on the pitch, or perhaps they just dont care enough?

I do not always understand Millens subs and think their is more unrest behind the scenes with some players than we are aware of,

It may be time for him to go if the right replacement is available, but not sure the blame lies solely at his door

I believe that Millen's psychology is wrong. His focus is to get the first goal - that being the most important thing in the game (to him), therefore when the other team score against us (whether we are 2-nil up or not) the players think they have failed and their heads go down, lose confidence.

Millen's psychology should focus on all aspects of the game, whether the other team score first or not. What happened to the fight back? The game is over until the final whistle

I remember when Man U beat Bayern Munich in the last 3 minutes of the 1999 Champions League - Fergie said, "Those players never give up"

Archived