IGNORED

Most Important Decision In Years

Barrs Court Red

Totally agree.

This is a pivotel decision that could shape the direction of this club for many years to come.

A full overhaul is needed, which will not happen over night and will cost money. We need someone who is in it for the long haul, who is looking for a challenge of reshaping the whole club structure - not an easy decision!!

....And they need the patience and backing of everyone associated with the club!

Totally agree.

This is a pivotel decision that could shape the direction of this club for many years to come.

A full overhaul is needed, which will not happen over night and will cost money. We need someone who is in it for the long haul, who is looking for a challenge of reshaping the whole club structure - not an easy decision!!

....And they need the patience and backing of everyone associated with the club!

I agree with Bar BS3 but with the new manager a new defensive coach must come in soon as the present coaching staff are not up to the task then who ever it is must look at a root and branch review of the back room set up.

I really don't envy the people making the decision on the next manager, but please bring in someone with the licence to overhaul every aspect of the non-playing set up.

I don't envy them - but they are very happy to quite literally milk the applause when things are going well.

I agree that this is a pivotal moment...as it was when the decision was taken to appoint Coppell. Those of us on the outside thought that a smart move. Clearly there hadn't been enough professional work done at the club to ensure that he was willing and able to take on the task in front of him.

You have to hope that lessons have been learned.

This is going to be an interesting one. Even though SL is no longer our Chairman in name, in my eyes he's still pulling the strings sat in his huge conservatory in Guernsey, and of course he's the only one that has any blinking money.

Has he learnt anything from past mistakes? Let's bloody hope so.

We have to try and establish an identity, then act on it?

Do we want to be a top end Championship club? (That's the usual drivel we hear at the start of every season!)

If so we need to spend some serious money on a proven manager? Than more cost I'm afraid to get in some QUALITY PLAYERS, and not just 1 or 2, but at least 5 or 6.

Are we happy to be a mid-table Championship club? If so, then as above but maybe we only need 2 or 3 players.

Do we want to be where we are now? Of course not! So please Mr L get this decision right and forget about anymore scrimping, the MANAGER is quite an important part of the cog you know! You were willing to get Copout in, so up the ante again.

Whoever the New Manager is has got a big job on right from the start with the Transfer Market shut, but with the RIGHT ONE brought in, with the RIGHT BACKROOM STAFF (we need a complete clear out, but the tea lady can stay!) we can get out of this mess with only 10 games gone.

Get this one wrong and L1 beckons, so what's the point of a new stadium?

Relegation = SL will jack it all in!

It is indeed a pivotal time for the club, 3 managers in a year is not good reading in anyone's book. I think we all agree that a major overhaul is needed and a new direction required.

This is the biggest point in recent history for this club.

Dave Jones will provide a long term and short term solution. He brings experience and know how and despite failing with a Championship dream team last season...I would take 3rd/4th in the league, don't know about you!

I don't think it's all about the Premier League, I think BCFC should enjoy competing and being a successful club in the Championship. Dave Jones wouldn't be here for Xmas, he'd be here for 4/5 years or more.

Dave Jones will provide a long term and short term solution. He brings experience and know how and despite failing with a Championship dream team last season...I would take 3rd/4th in the league, don't know about you!

I don't think it's all about the Premier League, I think BCFC should enjoy competing and being a successful club in the Championship. Dave Jones wouldn't be here for Xmas, he'd be here for 4/5 years or more.

thats why it has to be jones, he's a great fit for bcfc. if he isnt top of forest list that is.

the guy ticks all the boxes and seems like the type who would be in it for the long haul as well as having the nous of getting us out of this current trough.

he is extremely thorough in the way he organises a club from what ive heard and his football is entertaining.

he would be my choice closely followed by davies, although i am a little concerned by teh way davies appears to fall out with people.

No sure how we will approach this situation to be honest, I hope we take our time to pick the right man, hoping whoever it is will be here for a long time, for much needed stability to lay the platforms for future promotion.

I keep telling myself Dave Jones, but don't know why!? Just feel it could be the wrong time for a young up and coming manager, whatever will be will be! :violin:

thats why it has to be jones, he's a great fit for bcfc. if he isnt top of forest list that is.

the guy ticks all the boxes and seems like the type who would be in it for the long haul as well as having the nous of getting us out of this current trough.

he is extremely thorough in the way he organises a club from what ive heard and his football is entertaining.

he would be my choice closely followed by davies, although i am a little concerned by teh way davies appears to fall out with people.

Agree with all that.

I'm pretty concerned that people seem to be willing to take another gamble on someone who hasn't already been successful in this league. For me its all about damage limitation. WE CANNOT AFFORD TO GAMBLE ON SOMEONE WHO HASN'T ALREADY DONE IT!!!!

I pretty concerned that people seem to be willing to take another gamble on someone who hasn't already been successful in this league. For me its all about damage limitation. WE CANNOT AFFORD TO GAMBLE ON SOMEONE WHO HASN'T ALREADY DONE IT!!!!

Totally agree Badger, this is massive requirement imo!! If this goes wrong we are well in the sh*t :nono:

Archived