IGNORED

Dave Jones Declares Interest

hippy273

I really think Dave Jones could be a dangerous option to pursue. He had a lot of backing at Cardiff and his teams always bottled it at the last, plus i seem to remember various things written at the start of this season about the drinking culture at Cardiff under Jones and how McKay has had to sort it out- perhaps evidenced by the sale of Chopra?

Sean O'Driscoll was placed on 'gardening leave' at Doncaster i believe- perhaps an indication that we've already spoken to him? Or pure speculation?!

I really think Dave Jones could be a dangerous option to pursue. He had a lot of backing at Cardiff and his teams always bottled it at the last, plus i seem to remember various things written at the start of this season about the drinking culture at Cardiff under Jones and how McKay has had to sort it out- perhaps evidenced by the sale of Chopra?

Sean O'Driscoll was placed on 'gardening leave' at Doncaster i believe- perhaps an indication that we've already spoken to him? Or pure speculation?!

I would love city to be 'bottling at the last' at least that would mean we would have a good season. First things first ....

I would love city to be 'bottling at the last' at least that would mean we would have a good season. First things first ....

I would give my right testicle for City to lose in the play off final this year, but its all relative. This is a pressure situation right now and is it the right time for a man who's teams have in recent years crumbled under pressure? Also, shouldn't we now be looking to see if there's anyone who can get us to safety AND subsequently get us promoted? Short term-ism is what got us into this mess in the first place!

While I think the bloke is a bit of an arse, Billy Davies has to be the stand out candidate he took derby up, took forest close on a couple of occasions. I think forest would be in the prem if he had control of transfers rather than the dodgy forest set up.

Dave Jones doesn't do that well with lots of resources and money. Without it he would be a disaster.

Would much prefer Robbins who has done well on limited budgets etc.

His spending habits might build us more debts agreed but i think he is the right man for the job, 3 playoff positions and the losses with Cardiff. It's bound to be better than being rock bottom of the table :)

While I think the bloke is a bit of an arse, Billy Davies has to be the stand out candidate he took derby up, took forest close on a couple of occasions. I think forest would be in the prem if he had control of transfers rather than the dodgy forest set up.

If you look at the records of Davies and Jones, they look pretty much the same. Both have managed in the premier league and both have taken clubs from the championship into the Premier League.

Davies has spent a lot of money so not sure his hands were that tied at Forest. He certainly spent more than he is going to get here.

Jones has a recent history of well paid loan players (not just Bellamy), which he didn't have to pay for, so he must have some decent connections around. After the success of Caulker last year, we have to be realistic in that we need to look at top loan signings to supplement the players we can afford to buy.

I'm not a fan of how Davies comes across, so my personal choice would be Dave Jones based on what we are likely to be able to attract.

Former Cardiff City manager Dave Jones is reportedly an early contender for the position at Ashton Gate.

How has DJ declared an interest from that? :rolleyes:

Well he wouldn't contend if he wasn't interested would he? it's like applying for a job you know nothing about and have no interest for :) provided if there is any truth in this of course.

Well he wouldn't contend if he wasn't interested would he? it's like applying for a job you know nothing about and have no interest for :) provided if there is any truth in this of course.

Its just press talk that they've got from reading forums ect and are speculating like we are.

No direct quotes from DJ stating he's interested.

Billy Davies has to be the stand out candidate he took derby up, took forest close on a couple of occasions.

Dave Jones took Wolves up, took Cardiff close on a few occasions.

On top of that, he's already managed (successfully) in the Premier League at Southampton. My Southampton-supporting friend rated him very highly down there and he only left because of the ridiculous court case.

Archived